What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoonwatch 2017

perverse

Referee
I think Manly are a real shot. The Knights squad is very ordinary, but most of them have a lot to play for and seem committed under their coach. A lot of improvement on last year. We'll probably be in the mix for the spoon, but I just think Manly look to be in a grim enough spot to give it a real shake.

Clifferd

Coach
Potter was doing no worse than what Taylor is doing now. And he actually inherited sheen's mess

In fact we were on the cusp of the 8 in 2014 until that Farah bullshit dragged us down

So yes, sacking potter for Taylor is nearly on the same level as Barrett

mxlegend99

Referee
Geoff Toovey was a proven quality coach. Sacked for a coach who took Panthers U20s to about 10th in 2015. They were premiers the year either side of him coaching them.

mxlegend99

Referee
Dragons wont be in contention for the spoon. Their forward pack will do enough to win them some games. A bit like the Bulldogs.

TheFrog

Coach
The Knights won the last two and are working towards avoiding the dreaded three-peat but can they do it?
I think not. They'll need another 6 or 7 wins and its a very long season. Enthusiasm only gets you so far.

This will be the last successive spoon though. They'll unload it next year.

Marlins

Juniors
Raiders will definitely miss the 8 but they probably won't get the wooden spoon

Odds
Knights $1.20
Komodos $2.00
Souths $2.50
Manly $2.50
Titans $3.00

BennyV

Referee
Surely the Dragons can't be far away from announcing Cleary as coach for 2018. Unless Fulton and Manly can swallow their pride and sneak in first? Then you've got the Dogs who might also look at Cleary which could see Des back at Manly perhaps?

Dragons need to act fast IMO. It's plain as day that Mary is not going to be there long term - in the interests of recruitment for 2018, they need to make a call. I know it will be a distration for this year but it was always unlikely they were going to be contending anyway...

I think Cleary and Hasler will have gigs somewhere next year respectively, but there will almost certainly be another vacancy - Toovey might get it? Or is Kevin "Ruddradder" Walters still looking for an NRL gig?
False. I think the Dragons management, in their infinite derp, is looking for any excuse to extend McGregor. If we have anything close to a 50% win ratio in Round 12, or if we win 3 games in a row at any stage in the first half of the season, expect an announcement. If/when that happens, we'll be a large chance of getting the spoon.

Otherwise, Manly!

Pommy

Coach
I doubt Knights will get it again. St George looked awful in the Charity Shield and I had them nailed on favourites but perhaps Hayne can save the day by leading Titans in the race for the bottom.

no name

Coach
Good win to get the Titans off the mark.
If they put that effort in every week, they will be closer to the top than the bottom.