What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoonwatch 2017

NrlVader

Juniors
Newcastle. Currently $1.45

Cleary will improve the Tigers. Currently $4.75

Storm Currently $500

nick87

Coach
Newcastle. Currently $1.45

Cleary will improve the Tigers. Currently $4.75

Storm Currently $500

They've changed the markets to "Most Season Loses" and the storm already have more than the Knights will have all year.

mxlegend99

Referee
After Round 1 i had Tigers in the top 8. But now they're my tip for the spoon. I hope Cleary can fix them up. But for now they dont have half the heart that the Knights have.

Knights will beat teams who expect to win with ease. Tigers aren't willing to play hard for long.

Clifferd

Coach
Even though we are getting flogged I still think we can turn it around for some reason

Maybe we aren't getting flogged hard enough. Flog us harder this week, Cowboys

Serious though I won't be convinced until we're still playing like this for probably another 3-4 weeks

Vic Mackey

Referee
Even though we are getting flogged I still think we can turn it around for some reason

Maybe we aren't getting flogged hard enough. Flog us harder this week, Cowboys

Serious though I won't be convinced until we're still playing like this for probably another 3-4 weeks

It looks like it's mainly confidence for us. We dropped the ball over the line 3 times yesterday, teddy has a foot offside chasing a grubber etc. little things like that are going against us. When you get your confidence back those things don't happen.

We've blown out chances of making the finals but we'll win enough to take us clear of the spoon.

Clifferd

Coach
It looks like it's mainly confidence for us. We dropped the ball over the line 3 times yesterday, teddy has a foot offside chasing a grubber etc. little things like that are going against us. When you get your confidence back those things don't happen.

We've blown out chances of making the finals but we'll win enough to take us clear of the spoon.

The ignorant don't see that though (R20, alien etc) they see the 28-6 scoreline and say we got smashed (well to be fair the scoreline suggests we did)

But in reality 2 of those 3 tries we bombed turned into 2 tries straight for the Dragons. So effectively it's 3 tries a piece if we don't f**k up

Not to mention I thought we were harshly penalised for 2 solid tackles

Hopefully Cleary can install some confidence into this team

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Like most years I think the team that gets cursed by a horrid injury toll will end up getting the spoon. No team so far looks like pure 100% plod but at least 5 look about two key injuries away from spoontown.

Tiger5150

Bench

I wish. I think its mainly fitness for us. I was at the Leichhardt game and we were gassed after 30mins. I dont know what Taylor had them doing during pre-season but it wasnt sandhills.

Clifferd

Coach
I wish. I think its mainly fitness for us. I was at the Leichhardt game and we were gassed after 30mins. I dont know what Taylor had them doing during pre-season but it wasnt sandhills.

One of my mates asked one of the senior players at a fan day before the trials (think it was Lawrence or grant) and he said it was the easiest pre season he's ever done

I've been saying ever since the trials we've looked unfit. Even in the Souffs game we did, we were lucky we just played shit opponents

beejay001

Juniors
I threw Tigers in as my spoon pick this year, just looking for someone other than the Knights who will surely finish 2nd last if they don't get it.
I just think the Tigers are the thinnest of any team, and should injury strike they will be fked.

If the Tigers get half of what Panthers have had the last few years, or what Titans have had already this year, they dont' have the heart of other clubs to fight their way out.

If we didn't concede a try with 7 minutes left v the Warriors, make a few dumb mistakes against Souths (eg a rocket ball to Sio when he was a metre away) and found a way to get in the sharks end with a few minutes to go and kick the point then yes we could have been on 8 points

Do you even watch our games? Or are you just one of those heroes who just look at the scores and ladders and just assume a side is shit without even watching them?
Yep
I watch the games and you are just dreaming

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Thanks to the Tigers for blowing 2 points that should have been in the bag

With the Knights now on 15th and ahead of the Tigers on points difference (although they have a bye left), beating Wests in 2 weeks time could be a very important in the context of this thread.

I think the Tigers are playing the worst football this year and probably deserve it but we will see how it pans out over the back half of the season.

Latest posts