What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Accord recognition

deal.with.it

Juniors
Does it though? Because we’re not a full member so what happens when we become a full memember?
Taken from the RLIF website.

Observer status only last a couple of years before we either get moved up or lose all accreditation again.
I said when this was first announced that I felt people on here were getting carried away a little early, I still can’t find anything that suggests anything has changed yet.

I believe observer status lasts 12 months and you cannot reapply for observer status.
Yes, it does provide you with what I said. However, it doesn’t give you voting rights nor the ability to steer the conference to help you.
RL is now an official sport and no government can dispute that. They will, of course. But if RLIF had the time/money they could take any unfair access to playing fields, insurance, funding etc to the ICJ. But a decision would obviously take a long time.

Pommy

Coach
I believe observer status lasts 12 months and you cannot reapply for observer status.
Yes, it does provide you with what I said. However, it doesn’t give you voting rights nor the ability to steer the conference to help you.
RL is now an official sport and no government can dispute that. They will, of course. But if RLIF had the time/money they could take any unfair access to playing fields, insurance, funding etc to the ICJ. But a decision would obviously take a long time.

Not that I doubt you but have you got a link to somewhere that states that’s the case as I couldn’t find it.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Not that I doubt you but have you got a link to somewhere that states that’s the case as I couldn’t find it.

Unfortuntely I cannot provide you a link. Was a verbal conversation. You can choose to not believe it, no effect on me.
But I don’t want to reveal the participants.

deal.with.it

Juniors

Apologies folks...

7.C.3 Subject to a revocation decided as provided under Article 7.C.1 above, the Observer status is valid for two (2) years, renewable once

Stallion

First Grade
Yes we understand that but it’s irrelevant as it’s union who are in charge and you repeating the same thing on here isn’t going to change that.

Look if the rugby World Cup was being played in my garden I would close he curtains. But I understand other people may feel different, stallion believes his opinion on the matter can’t be wrong.

So your stance implies that you would prefer to continue this unfairness and have nothing happens for the betterment of rugby league! ? How constructive and proactive? ! Wrong attitude and approach Pommy!

siv

First Grade
Seems RL has been given a requirement to grow it NAs from 22 to 40

Who are the 22 ? And who aren't but play RL

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
take a look at the rankings down the bottom:

http://www.rlif.com/

Inside the top 22, you perhaps have Scotland, Malta, Hungary (could be wrong) without decent domestic comps/activity

Outside the top 22, you have South Africa, Chile, Cooks, Czech, Germany with something, but others are dicey to say the least. Note Turkey is not on there.

22 sounds about right for bonified domestic happenings.

there are obviously a few in there that could step up in the near future, but getting it to 40 is going to take a bit of time, that's for sure. At least a couple of years if all goes well.

This requirement was obviously suggested by rugby union, I'm sure other federations are full members that don't meet this.

langpark

First Grade
The sad thing about this, there are certain countries like Greece and Turkey that are still not recognised by their govt's due to political reasons, despite being very active RL nations. I am sure if there weren't these obstacles for some, that number would be over 30.

siv

First Grade
take a look at the rankings down the bottom:

http://www.rlif.com/

Inside the top 22, you perhaps have Scotland, Malta, Hungary (could be wrong) without decent domestic comps/activity

Outside the top 22, you have South Africa, Chile, Cooks, Czech, Germany with something, but others are dicey to say the least. Note Turkey is not on there.

22 sounds about right for bonified domestic happenings.

there are obviously a few in there that could step up in the near future, but getting it to 40 is going to take a bit of time, that's for sure. At least a couple of years if all goes well.

This requirement was obviously suggested by rugby union, I'm sure other federations are full members that don't meet this.

Still confusing what makes a NA

We have 18 full RLIF member nations

And 8 Affiliate member nations

Eg what will it take to get Chile Argentina and Brazil to be included in the NA list ?

adamkungl

Immortal
Some welcome details on this

http://rlif.com/article/8833/rugby-league--of-way-to-meeting-gaisf-full-membership-target

Rugby league has hit the sixty percent mark of the total of government-recognised nations required for full membership of the Global Association of International Sports Federation. A total of 24 rugby league national organisations now have full recognition by their own National Sports Authorities (government or Olympic committees). International Rugby League shared its plans to achieve the threshold of forty, required to move from observer to full member status, with the membership at congress in Sydney in October.

(more through the link)

siv

First Grade
Interesting wording that seems to be a stumbling block

- local government recognition