What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George v Manly

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL, NYC Updates: Round 20 v Sea Eagles
Sat 22nd July, 02:00PM
A A

1500694648181.jpg;pv0a38dd9c89e9a9c5

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has trimmed his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 20 clash against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at WIN Stadium, Wollongong.

Josh Dugan (hamstring) has been ruled out with Jason Nightingale and Kurt Mann shifting to fullback and the wing respectively.

"Josh Dugan presented with hamstring soreness post the Round 19 game against the Raiders," Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth said.

"Upon follow up scans it was determined that he would miss this weekend's game against Manly.

"He will be reviewed and progressed accordingly over the next couple of days."

Jake Marketo is the other player to miss out on the Sea Eagles clash.

NRL Squad for Round 20 v Sea Eagles:

5. Jason Nightingale
2. Nene Macdonald
3. Euan Aitken
4. Tim Lafai
17. Kurt Mann
6. Gareth Widdop (c)
7. Josh McCrone
8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Joel Thompson
13. Jack de Belin
Interchange:
14. Tariq Sims
15. Jacob Host
16. Blake Lawrie
18. Matt Dufty
19. Taane Milne
20. Russell Packer

NYC Squad for Round 20 v Sea Eagles:

1. Jai Field
2. Steven Marsters
3. Reuben Garrick
21. Dane Francis
5. Jason Gillard
6. Tristan Sailor
7. Jackson Willis
8. Stuart Mason
9. Joe Lovodua
10. Matt Sheppard
11. Trent Peoples
12. Jackson Ford
13. Brayden Gallagher
Interchange:
14. TJ Uele
15. Tom Angel
16. Cooper Purcell
17. Hayden Lomax
18. Josh Dowel
19. Jack Cross
22. Bailey Dickinson

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/07/22/nrl_nyc_updates_roun.html

ALSGI

Bench
Wow, who was saying Duges isn't really injury prone? He attacks Papalii's shoulder with his head and pulls a hammy?
Duges missed the round 6 game at Brookvale as well.
So same line up as the 35-10 win except Milne and Sele out for Host and Dufty which is an upgrade after the way Milne and Sele played for Illawarra today imo.

So without injuries how and where will Dufty fit in? Will Supercoach give him a run?

MilanDragon

Juniors
Oddly enough, I'm actually feeling more confident now.

The games Duges has been out we've performed better. I'm not saying individually Nighty, Mann or Dufty are better than him but for whatever reason we seem to win with him out

Crush

Coach
Oddly enough, I'm actually feeling more confident now.

The games Duges has been out we've performed better. I'm not saying individually Nighty, Mann or Dufty are better than him but for whatever reason we seem to win with him out
100% agree. Dugan individually is a weapon player but he seems to mess with the fluidity of attack at times.
Lets hope Nightingale stands up and has a blinder as his replacement.

MilanDragon

Juniors
100% agree. Dugan individually is a weapon player but he seems to mess with the fluidity of attack at times.
Lets hope Nightingale stands up and has a blinder as his replacement.

It's a funny one here, Nighty will be solid as always but boy does he score a lot of tries from the wing, so are we better keeping him on the wing and Mann or Dufty to FB?

The same could be said for Mann - the best impact he has had for us was on the wing, so we aren't losing too much on the LW either way.

Crush

Coach
Wow, who was saying Duges isn't really injury prone? He attacks Papalii's shoulder with his head and pulls a hammy?
Duges missed the round 6 game at Brookvale as well.
So same line up as the 35-10 win except Milne and Sele out for Host and Dufty which is an upgrade after the way Milne and Sele played for Illawarra today imo.

So without injuries how and where will Dufty fit in? Will Supercoach give him a run?
After Lafai gets dragged into touch on the first tackle for the 3rd week in a row Mary hooks him and moves Mann to centre and Dufty to wing. Dufty then goes on the score a hatrick and Dragons win by 30. Lafai never gets selected again, Dufty moves to fullback next week and Dugan becomes a bench 17 utility for the rest of the season once fit again.

Crush

Coach
It's a funny one here, Nighty will be solid as always but boy does he score a lot of tries from the wing, so are we better keeping him on the wing and Mann or Dufty to FB?

The same could be said for Mann - the best impact he has had for us was on the wing, so we aren't losing too much on the LW either way.
I think we all know what Mary will do. He is ultra conservative and will select nighty at fullback. I would love to see him take a risk and play Dufty at fullback. Cmon Mary! Take a gamble for once in your life!

ALSGI

Bench
After Lafai gets dragged into touch on the first tackle for the 3rd week in a row Mary hooks him and moves Mann to centre and Dufty to wing. Dufty then goes on the score a hatrick and Dragons win by 30. Lafai never gets selected again, Dufty moves to fullback next week and Dugan becomes a bench 17 utility for the rest of the season once fit again.
The only issue with your post is I can't see Dugan at 17.

Gareth67

First Grade
Dragons need a big game , plus a win . Can the boys play themselves back into the semi race , I believe that they will . Home crowd behind them , hell even the refs are due to give us the benefit of the doubt , that must be worth a few points . And if we can get the bounce of the ball , then I am sure that Bid red V will send the Sea Eagles home with their feathers well and truly plucked . Dragons by 8 !