What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Looks pretty good. The single player campaign will be a nice addition too.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/04/this-leaked-trailer-for-battlefront-2-looks-amazing/

Really enjoyed the last one for a while but did end up getting bored eventually and didn’t want to fork out for DLC. I think that’s when a lot of people lost interest. No doubt there will be more of that with this one, but looks like they've expanded on the gameplay quite a bit.

Parra Pride

Coach
Basically what the first one should have been.

I'll probably only pick it up if they bring back Galactic Conquest.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
FPS's always struggle to hold my attention but the first did longer than most

I am currently re-installing it after watching the trailer in the OP (because I may as well finally get something out of that season pass) and I was stunned to see I actually clocked 169 hours in just the original form.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I was super excited for Battlefront 1, but it was ultimately a huge let down. I'll be waiting a couple of weeks after release to see what the feedback is first.

In saying that though, Battlefield 1 took a lot of traits from Battlefront and improved on it massively (albeit simplified Battlefield), so there is hope that we'll see a vastly improved game. Ultimately battlefront was simplified too much that it playing it for 1 hour or 100 hours gave you the same sort of experience. Hopefully there have been some hard lessons learned and there is a lot more depth to this one.

LESStar58

Referee
OK... if ever i needed convincing to buy a PS4 this is it. My 3 has given up the ghost so Bf2 and Red Dead 2 give me enough incentive to upgrade!

Iafeta

Referee
The first one sucked.... so hard. I like Star Wars and was pumped for it. But it blew chunks. I will need a truckload of convincing.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
OK... if ever i needed convincing to buy a PS4 this is it. My 3 has given up the ghost so Bf2 and Red Dead 2 give me enough incentive to upgrade!
Get a PS4 Pro. I had a PS4 and now have a Pro, the difference between how most games play is huge. Played Battlefield 1 on the PS4 and Pro, it's not even close in how they perform. I imagine BF2 will be the same given the same dev.

LESStar58

Referee
Get a PS4 Pro. I had a PS4 and now have a Pro, the difference between how most games play is huge. Played Battlefield 1 on the PS4 and Pro, it's not even close in how they perform. I imagine BF2 will be the same given the same dev.

noted.

Parra Pride

Coach
The Xbox Scorpio will be out around the time this is out. so if you're not opposed to an Xbox that'd be the way to go if you want the best performance you're going to get on a console.

Wato

Juniors
The PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpio for that matter are really only worth the extra spend if you have a 4K TV. I own a pro and games look gorgeous on my 4K TV especially horizon zero dawn can't wait to see what Uncharted the lost legacy and Battlefront 2 look like on it. As far as the Pro vs Scorpio I think it comes down to what exclusive you prefer and if Sony having early access or exclusive content for games like Destiny 2 and COD makes any difference to you, the Scorpio is looking like it will be a fair bit more expensive that the Pro as it expected to retail as US $500 which will mean it will be at least $600 aus. Their are some good Pro deals at the moment now with the console plus a few games.

Wato

Juniors
Watched the EA conference and the gameplay they showed at the end looked great, a lot of nice little changes to the game and how you get heroes etc. Looking forward to its launch after watching the trailers for this and the battlefield one expansion I actually went back to play some more battlefield one, dice does just amazing multiplayer.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I'm actually surprised how much this gameplay doesn't excite me. Maybe it's just not the type of game I want to play in the Star Wars universe. Hopefully we can see some of the story gameplay stuff soon, that might get me interested.

Latest posts