What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney

no name

Coach
Some pretty astute recruitment on and off the field.
Good luck to Kearney and his lads.
Hopefully they can keep it up and increase interest in the game in NZ.

King hit

Coach
I've never rated his coaching but I will give him credit for how the Warriors have started the year. Winning 4 from 4 travelling from Perth, Sydney and Canberra and winning without Johnson as well against one of the competition front runners. Recruits look good as well. Blake Green might not even look out of place for NSW the way he is going.

txta2

Bench
Biggest dribbler I have ever heard Kearney. Heard an interview with him and the amount of " you knows" he rattled off was so annoying I turned the radio off

JJ

Immortal
It's 4 games - I'm not yet sold, but hopeful. Don't rate Kearney as a coach, but if he has a good season, that might have to change - but I need more than 4 games, three of which were against pretty awful teams, and the 4th phoned it in.

The recruitment has been great, still think we miss a middle forward

Also, I think Brian Smith and Alex Corvo have a lot to do with what's going on - whilst I don't agree with keeping Kearney we added a lot off the field too

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I have to hand it to Kearney and the Warriors. If NZRL ever needed them to stand up and be counted, this was it. Well done. Between 2008 & 2014 he flew the flag well for NZ with the Kiwis and now he is helping the game when it is at a low with the Warriors. Fair play to him. Despite all of his criticisms he has a RLWC title and two 4 nations titles on his resume.

Patorick

Staff member
It's 4 games - I'm not yet sold, but hopeful. Don't rate Kearney as a coach, but if he has a good season, that might have to change - but I need more than 4 games, three of which were against pretty awful teams, and the 4th phoned it in.

The recruitment has been great, still think we miss a middle forward

Also, I think Brian Smith and Alex Corvo have a lot to do with what's going on - whilst I don't agree with keeping Kearney we added a lot off the field too

Peta Hiku, Ligi Sao and Blake Green as well.

#manly #warriors

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Biggest dribbler I have ever heard Kearney. Heard an interview with him and the amount of " you knows" he rattled off was so annoying I turned the radio off

Since when has being a sparkling interview subject been a prerequisite for an NRL coach? Bennet coached Adam at The Eden Gardeners and he still can barely stringssynthbattery sentence together.

adamkungl

Immortal
Pros:
2008 RLWC Champions
2010 Four Nations Champions
2014 Four Nations Champions
2015 Anzac test
2015 NZ World #1 ranking
2018 Warriors 4 wins in a row

Cons:
Everything else

I don't know what this tells us.