What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Mortimer

cazorey

Juniors
Gone quiet, nothing to hide. The NRL may not have to decide if the CC or Gold Coast are the 16th side, hopefully the Dogs get the boot and then both these sides can come in.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Gone Quiet. I'd go quiet to if I needed to find out what the facts are before commenting on the allegations. Unlike yourself.

ibeme

First Grade
There's a police investigation occurring with the full cooperation of the Bulldogs, and the Bulldogs are conducting an internal inquiry. What else would you like Steve Mortimer to do?

Nobody is pleased with this situation, least of all Bulldogs fans and administration.

PREDATOR

Juniors
Isnt this the second year in a row that the bulldogs have had these allegations levelled at them?
Maybe the bulldogs will be the ones to replace souths as newspaper fodder

Dogs Of War

Coach
PREDATOR said:
Isnt this the second year in a row that the bulldogs have had these allegations levelled at them?
Maybe the bulldogs will be the ones to replace souths as newspaper fodder

And would you like to remind us of what happened to those allegation last year?

Moffo

Referee
I wish we replaced Steve Mortimer...he is unprofessional

He is a good bloke, but not admin material. His squeals to the media are cringe worthy most of the time

Cheers,
Moffo

Sharkie73

Bench
Its not a good situation to be in really not after everything else thats happened in recent times. I think this just highlites the need for clubs to take a leaf out of Manlys book and hire a minder for the players. I know the guy who has been employed by Manly we used to work at the same place and he will keep the players over there out of trouble.

ibeme

First Grade
Moffo, as I understand it, he was reluctant to take the job in the first place, but was pressured into it by the fans and other administrators because nobody else wanted to take it on.

I agree that he's not the perfect man for the job, but I think he has the respect of most people, and I don't think there's anyone else to fill that position. Maybe it could be sourced from outside. I also think he has a level of integrity that our club needs at a time like this.

Simon

Juniors
Last year the players weren't cleared, the police dropped the case through lack of evidence. We will never know what happened

[furrycat]

Coach
In other words, they were cleared because there was no evidence to suggest they did anything... If that isn't cleared I suggest you tell me what is.

PREDATOR

Juniors
[furrycat said:
]In other words, they were cleared because there was no evidence to suggest they did anything... If that isn't cleared I suggest you tell me what is.
No,theres a difference between being CLEARED and the case dismissed because of LACK OF EVIDENCE..the latter meaning guilt or innocence was never proven..take the blinkers off 8)

ibeme

First Grade
PREDATOR said:
[furrycat said:
]In other words, they were cleared because there was no evidence to suggest they did anything... If that isn't cleared I suggest you tell me what is.
No,theres a difference between being CLEARED and the case dismissed because of LACK OF EVIDENCE..the latter meaning guilt or innocence was never proven..take the blinkers off 8)

Legally, all parties are innocent until proven guilty. Therefore, in the eyes of the law, those players are innocent.

PREDATOR

Juniors
I repeat....
PREDATOR said:
No,theres a difference between being CLEARED and the case dismissed because of LACK OF EVIDENCE..the latter meaning GUILT or INNOCENCE was never PROVEN...take the blinkers off 8)

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Back to Steve Mortimer for a sec.
Even tho he may sh1t every other supporter up the wall with his 'squeals' as you put it Moffo, he's just passionate about his dogs.
I think you need that in a chief.
I don't necessarily like the guy but I like his passion and I hope the matter can be resolved in way that is good for all involved.
Bulldogs fans and fans of Rugby League don't need this.
Good luck.

ibeme

First Grade
Regardless of what happens from here on in, mud has stuck. Unless this is turned completely on end, and the players are somehow found to be the victims of a setup or found to be completely uninvolved, then I think the players have to go.

If not guilty by law, they're guilty of breaching the rules of the club, bringing the game into disrepute, and of being morally corrupt. To have them run out on the field would taint the entire club beyond repair, particularly if they weren't named, because that would cause all players to come under speculation.

I think that's they only way the club could emerge from this with some kind of credibility intact.

[furrycat]

Coach
There were not any witnesses who saw the assault take place, only the players with the victim. If they saw the assault, then the players would have been automatically charged and taken to court.

I love my doggies... I've loved them since 1992, but if they are guilty, they should be punished. The worrying fact that I read, was the possible fine and that the Dogs may be removed from the comp.

Dogs Of War

Coach
PREDATOR said:
Theres no difference between being CLEARED and the case dismissed because of LACK OF EVIDENCE*..meaning GUILT was never PROVEN.

*Other than the possiblity of new evidence being introduced at a later time

I fixed that for you. Innocent until proven guilty.

Latest posts