What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Mortimer

PREDATOR

Juniors
What about a player allegedly urinating on the field?
Maybe the media reps forced him to overload on fluids....It couldnt be that the alleged player is a grub or wanted to make a point (no pun intended)
Ive never been to belmore oval but surely the toilets cant be that far away from the field... :?

Dogs Of War

Coach
PREDATOR said:
Maybe the media reps forced him to overload on fluids....It couldnt be that the alleged player is a grub or wanted to make a point (no pun intended)
Ive never been to belmore oval but surely the toilets cant be that far away from the field... :?

What, you never wanted to take a piss before but couldn't be bother walking all the way too the toilets, I know myself that many times at footy training were I've ducked into the bushes to take a piss, just no trees on Belmore Oval. It just seems to me you want to stick it into the Bulldogs but don't want to wait for the facts to emerge, just get into with *allegations*.

Objective One

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
Objective One said:
point taken - but my comments to DOW stand whether the statement was alleged or actual - suggesting that such a statement, if it occured, could have had a justifiable context is losing sight of the bigger issues raised by the whole sorry mess. I'm still fascinated to hear what the justifiable context might have been.....allegedly, of course.

Well, what if the media representives, not knowing who the accused players are yelled out to you that "Your a rapist" or something to that effect, I know what I would want to do to that person when I know I did no such thing. It's just typical that the smh has only reported one side of this incident, innocent till proven guilty? Hardly.

Oh, now I understand. Of course, if I wanted to refute an allegation that I was a rapist my first thought would be to yell out to my mates that we oughta "pull our dicks out and come all over them". That'd show 'em who's boss and that I have no potential of being a rapist. Yeah, show 'em whose boss, I'm a good boy....that'll be good fa da club and da game. In fact, if I were an electrical retailer I would want to get some of that stuff from the people in my ads, no nonsense people who when they are unfairly challenged, rally around the cry of c'mon boys "pull our dicks out and come all over them". And yes, as a parent, that's the trouble with our kids today, they need some real role models who show the kids that when they are unfairly challenged they need to say, c'mon boys "pull our dicks out and come all over them". And, if I was a work colleague or a business manager, I'd want a co-worker who's unfairly challenged by the press who has the gumption to do something about by saying, c'mon boys "pull our dicks out and come all over them". That would be great for our company's business. What business? You mean I'm gettin' paid a $100K a year plus cause dis iz a biznus? Gees, I wished yous hadda told me dat.

Sharkie73

Bench
It show that their brain matter is soooooo very low. So much for their code of conduct which addresses unacceptable behaviour #-o . Steve Mortimer must be on the verge of a break down because of these idiots. I really feel sorry for Steve :( .

PB

Bench
Dogs Of War said:
PREDATOR said:

What, you never wanted to take a piss before but couldn't be bother walking all the way too the toilets, I know myself that many times at footy training were I've ducked into the bushes to take a piss, just no trees on Belmore Oval. It just seems to me you want to stick it into the Bulldogs but don't want to wait for the facts to emerge, just get into with *allegations*.

a) if toilets are available, most reasonable people use them, and b) i doubt you have loads of media at your training....

But on the topic of mortimer, I don't mind him as such. i find it amusing that they are talking about having curfews for the players this week, when this week will probably be the one week when none of the players will go out.

I would also put a bigger :?: on Steve Folks. Why there wasnt an early recovery session planned the next day? They would during the NRL season!

~doggie~diva~

Juniors
Turvey's doing the best he can!
His message to the fans via the official dogs site brought a smile to my face knowing that he's doing everything they can!

iggy plop

First Grade
PREDATOR said:
This from the SMH..

Just minutes before Mr Mortimer spoke at Belmore Oval yesterday, one of the club's players at a training session was heard abusing photographers from the players' tunnel. The player allegedly encouraged his teammates to "pull our dicks out and come all over them".

Another player was seen urinating on the field.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/25/1077676834899.html
How you supporters must be proud of your club at the moment...

That is typical of the crap that Jessica Halloran and her twisted sister in crime, Jacquelyn Magnay, come up with when the chance arises to sink the boot into rugby league.

They have form in this regard and known for their league-hating antics.

But when the chance presents itself to talk up that annoying AFL game, they're always the first to put their hands up.

Beware of the "floating" sports journo at the SMH - they all have agendas against league despite proclaiming to be experts on most sports. Richard Hinds and Fitzsimmons are another two with an obvious bias at that rotten rag.

Moffo

Referee
It is a rotten rag

Im sick of them making "no name" claims. Someone should really get up them for saying that. If i were in charge at the dogs, id confront these 'reporters' and DEMAND that they say who said it.....otherwise, get them for defamation. Enough is Enough

Slimy Eel

Juniors
Just because something is legal doesn't make it morally right, the lack of respect of woman is lack of respect one self.If these allegation proven right this will leave a large dint on the image of Rugby league,thanks again dogs. :?:

The Colonel

Immortal
Moffo said:
It is a rotten rag

Im sick of them making "no name" claims. Someone should really get up them for saying that. If i were in charge at the dogs, id confront these 'reporters' and DEMAND that they say who said it.....otherwise, get them for defamation. Enough is Enough

Basically I think thats pretty much why the don't name names..... so they can't be sued for defamation - given there are at least say 200 players at the club (from Mathews through to the top 25) It makes it pretty hard.

That being said if they are so strong in their convictions they should put names to quotes instead of hiding behind them.

ibeme

First Grade
And the journos have the hide to criticise the Bulldogs for shutting them out.

If they can't name the player, then how can they substantiate that it even was a player?

Kaz

junior
I wonder if the journo taped what was said.

Normally they do tape the people they are interviewing.

Dog-E

Juniors
Kaz said:
I wonder if the journo taped what was said.

Normally they do tape the people they are interviewing.

Um, taped convos where ppl are named personally are very rarely able to be published without WRITTEN consent though....at least until things are PROVEN in a court of law....whereupon the guilty party (IF indeed found guilty of course!) relinquishes almost all legal control over their comments!

And I HIGHLY doubt - if even said at ALL - that anyone has given their consent to these comments being published!!..Therefore, a media agnecy can get away with almost ANYTHING, given their wording!!!

Ever wondered how publications such as Woman's Day & WHO Weekly survive from being sued to DEATH!!???...It's 90% ALL in the intricate wording!!...And its basically the same with newspapwrs - Wonder no more!

The Colonel

Immortal
ibeme said:
If they can't name the player, then how can they substantiate that it even was a player?

And how can the general public and the club for that matter substantiate that it wasn't -thats basically why they do it.

ibeme

First Grade
Colonel Eel said:
ibeme said:

And how can the general public and the club for that matter substantiate that it wasn't -thats basically why they do it.

Exactly, and that's how they fuel speculation, which leaves readers eagerly awaiting the next installment that might answer questions raised in the previous article.

ibeme

First Grade
RB30DETT said:
Maybe he spoke to someone by phone?

What about the player who supposedly yelled degrading comments from the players tunnel?

If they know it happened and they know it was a player, then they surely must know who the player was. Otherwise they're only assuming it was a player

Kaz

junior
Steve Mortimer looks like he hasn't slept too well lately.

He looks so drained, by it all.

ibeme

First Grade
Poor bugger's had one semi-clean year. He took up the reigns at the peak of a crisis, and while recovering was hit with a crisis of tidal wave proportions. A lot of people have been critical, but it's almost an impossible passage to negotiate without running aground every now and then.