What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Mortimer

PREDATOR

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
PREDATOR said:
Theres a difference between being CLEARED and the case dismissed because of LACK OF EVIDENCE*..meaning GUILT OR INNOCENCE was never PROVEN.

*Other than the possiblity of new evidence being introduced at a later time

I fixed that for you.
Like you fixed the salary cap??? :roll:
And the Liverpool project??? :roll:

Steve seems a passionate bloke and he seemed to have the salary cap stuff under control and the respect of the players.
But
In light of what has or hasnt happened-The players showed him little faith with this turn of events.
Must break his heart to see the clubs name in the paper again for the wrong reasons.
He might just say'Stuff you all-sort it out yourselves"

ibeme

First Grade
PREDATOR said:
Dogs Of War said:
PREDATOR said:
Theres a difference between being CLEARED and the case dismissed because of LACK OF EVIDENCE*..meaning GUILT OR INNOCENCE was never PROVEN.

*Other than the possiblity of new evidence being introduced at a later time

I fixed that for you.
Like you fixed the salary cap??? :roll:
And the Liverpool project??? :roll:

I'd hazard a guess and say that Dogs Of War didn't have anything to do wit the salary cap scandal, or the Liverpool project. I know I certainly didn't. Perhaps you should direct your accusations at those responsible rather than fans in a forum.

Also, based on all of the evidence the police had in that case, they couldn't prove anything, so innocence is presumed. I doubt that with your limited resources, compared with theirs, that you're basing anything you say on anything more than suspicion. They have to base their case on facts.

PREDATOR

Juniors
I meant ur club which has a way of dragging itself down despite what the blinkered,one-eyed minority say

Dogs Of War

Coach
That said, it can only make the club stronger via removing the weak links such as the dishonest board members involved in the salary cap and players who obviously aren't putting the team/club first when representing the club.

I think turvey's done a great job in bring the club together from it's low point, in bring in new sponsors, I'm sure it breaks his heart that it has come to this. The new football season can't start soon enough, unfortunatley this will not be resolved before then, so I feel that those involved/guilty parties if not already stood down before then, will affect the clubs on-field performances. I'm now glad I didn't get a season ticket. I'll just watch it all at the pub.

ibeme

First Grade
I can't see how the club can stand the players down until charges have been laid. By doing so, they will inadvertantly be identifying the accused players, opening themselves up to a lawsuit. It seems that they'll be forced to play with a cloud of speculation hanging over all of the players heads

Forced to play :lol: :lol:
theyll be a line a mile long for !st grade for the next game!
They couldnt make enough jumpers
No...they cant stand down he players
Your right

Sharkie73

Bench
I just relised Kaz its in the wrong post, should have gone into the one ref; the Coffs incident. #-o

PREDATOR

Juniors
This from the SMH..

Just minutes before Mr Mortimer spoke at Belmore Oval yesterday, one of the club's players at a training session was heard abusing photographers from the players' tunnel. The player allegedly encouraged his teammates to "pull our dicks out and come all over them".

Another player was seen urinating on the field.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/25/1077676834899.html
How you supporters must be proud of your club at the moment...

Dogs Of War

Coach
PREDATOR said:
This from the SMH..

Just minutes before Mr Mortimer spoke at Belmore Oval yesterday, one of the club's players at a training session was heard abusing photographers from the players' tunnel. The player allegedly encouraged his teammates to "pull our dicks out and come all over them".

Stuff the Smh. Lets see what other dribble they have to say....

From http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004...7676836667.html
It's worse for the Bulldogs because they have little respect for society's watchdog, the media.

When they breached the salary cap, it was not their administration's fault. It was the fault of the Herald for revealing the breach.

The Bulldogs are close to being labelled a club of excess

How laughable! We sack our entire board over the incident, but they suggest that we blamed the Herald.

Steve Mortimer does all he can over the last few years to address the media as needed, yet the shm who are "society's watchdog" claims that we have little respect for them.

As for the *alleged* "pull our dicks out" comment, you don't even get to see what context that was presented in.

Unfortunatly it seems that the Bulldogs have become the next Anthony Mundine, need a story then find out what the Bulldogs are up to.

Objective One

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
PREDATOR said:
This from the SMH..

Stuff the Smh. Lets see what other dribble they have to say....

From http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004...7676836667.html
It's worse for the Bulldogs because they have little respect for society's watchdog, the media.

When they breached the salary cap, it was not their administration's fault. It was the fault of the Herald for revealing the breach.

The Bulldogs are close to being labelled a club of excess

How laughable! We sack our entire board over the incident, but they suggest that we blamed the Herald.

Steve Mortimer does all he can over the last few years to address the media as needed, yet the shm who are "society's watchdog" claims that we have little respect for them.

As for the *alleged* "pull our dicks out" comment, you don't even get to see what context that was presented in.

Unfortunatly it seems that the Bulldogs have become the next Anthony Mundine, need a story then find out what the Bulldogs are up to.

So, in the current circumstances, just run us through the context in which the *alleged* dicks comment was OK, sensible, clever, whatever. I'd suggest it shows an attitude pretty consistent with the "don't you know who I am" statement to the bartender - invincibility because I'm a Doggies player. Whoever the *alleged* guy was that made the *alleged* dicks statement not only does not give a toss about your club (why else would anyone who is not certifiably insane say anything like that in the current circumstances), they just do not give a toss about the game. In a year when junior rugby clubs registrations are up in many instances 50-100% on the back of the World Cup, the disregard for your club and the game that your players have shown is just mindboggling. By even suggesting that type of comment had a context, aren't you joining the same camp?

The Colonel

Immortal
PREDATOR said:
This from the SMH..

The player allegedly encouraged his teammates to "pull our dicks out and come all over them".

When posting can you please remember this quote was alleged to have happened. If you want to quote something make sure you use the context in which it was written.

PREDATOR

Juniors
Colonel Eel said:
PREDATOR said:
This from the SMH..

The player allegedly encouraged his teammates to "pull our dicks out and come all over them".

When posting can you please remember this quote was alleged to have happened. If you want to quote something make sure you use the context in which it was written.
Huh?
Please explain,i dont follow.... :?

The Colonel

Immortal
Your quote was correct Predator - the quote given in the article was only alleged to have happened. The incident was alleged to have happened and the Objective One didn't post that it was an alleged happening. It leaves the site open for being accused of making defamatory statements.

Objective One

Juniors
point taken - but my comments to DOW stand whether the statement was alleged or actual - suggesting that such a statement, if it occured, could have had a justifiable context is losing sight of the bigger issues raised by the whole sorry mess. I'm still fascinated to hear what the justifiable context might have been.....allegedly, of course.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Objective One said:
point taken - but my comments to DOW stand whether the statement was alleged or actual - suggesting that such a statement, if it occured, could have had a justifiable context is losing sight of the bigger issues raised by the whole sorry mess. I'm still fascinated to hear what the justifiable context might have been.....allegedly, of course.

Well, what if the media representives, not knowing who the accused players are yelled out to you that "Your a rapist" or something to that effect, I know what I would want to do to that person when I know I did no such thing. It's just typical that the smh has only reported one side of this incident, innocent till proven guilty? Hardly.