What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm & the gay man

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Remember when watching the game while Slater was getting treated early on seeing Chechin look at the pocket ref and cross his arms....looked like advice from bunker for sure.

Quigs

Immortal
Just heard that the Bunker Blokes have got the don't come Monday for this weeks games.

They've been dropped.

carcharias

Immortal
I don't think a stray boot while in the process of catching the ball is remotely close to the shot he copped.
He didn't kick out
He just stuck his foot out to stop getting killed.

Also
That bloke deserved it for trying to hit him mid air.
Penalised accordingly.

PJ

First Grade
True enough Carch but he has done it in many forms for years with sfa coming of it.

If someone did the same to him theyd get a month.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
When you watch the replay it just looks like a mad dog shot from Soliola though. Billy didn't even see it coming, it's almost cowardly to finish off a tackle that late. Mind you there is a lot of that in the NRL that goes unnoticed. The only reason it's been blown up is because it's Billy Slater. If Peter Wallace got hit like that people would probably be laughing...

carcharias

Immortal
True enough Carch but he has done it in many forms for years with sfa coming of it.

If someone did the same to him theyd get a month.

Wouldn't have happebed had the bloke not tried to smash him mid air.
Slater is guilty of trying too hard to save try's being scored - no matter what.
The leading with the boots is shit...however
I find that different to a massive merkin just trying take a little bloke out off the ball.

Ey
But that's Canberra for you.

I don't think a stray boot while in the process of catching the ball is remotely close to the shot he copped.
He didn't kick out
He just stuck his foot out to stop getting killed.

Also
That bloke deserved it for trying to hit him mid air.
Penalised accordingly.
Do a search for 2008 grand final Manly V Storm.
Watch every Manly try. Slater absolutely flyinbg in way late feet first. Every scorer except Kyte gets smashed. Million times more dangerous than what happened to slater. Could have broken anyone of those players necks. Oh hang on......... Storm Slater Smith.....hmm

Gallen gets hit like that he gets up.
Gallen got a fractured neck from the papalli hit that affected him for near 2 seasons.
But because its Slater, HYSTERIA sets in. He went too far in the line because most of the time he dummies & goes himself. He then lent in to the takler & he then slipped.
Him getting anything more than grade 1 careless is a crime.
Little cant's should take more care when going to the line from now on.

carcharias

Immortal
Do a search for 2008 grand final Manly V Storm.
Watch every Manly try. Slater absolutely flyinbg in way late feet first. Every scorer except Kyte gets smashed. Million times more dangerous than what happened to slater. Could have broken anyone of those players necks. Oh hang on......... Storm Slater Smith.....hmm

Million?
Call me crazy but...
I'd rather be Kicked in the face by Slater whilst scoring a grand final try than have soliola King hitting me in the head from behind when I'm not looking.

sandshark

Bench
BILLY Slater was so badly concussed by a sickening high shot from Canberra’s Sia Soliola that the superstar fullback actually lost two weeks of his life.

A damning medical report by Storm doctor Jason Chan - tendered at the NRL judiciary hearing - stated Slater could not remember the match or his previous fortnight.

Slater could not even recall playing State of Origin III in Brisbane or the ankle injury he sustained leading into the decider.

-Some lines from a Murdoch newspaper about Slater and Soliola.

Jesus. H. Christ he must have hit him hard to lose all that! Does a medical report from a club's doctor have much say in these kind of things?
The club doctor stated that he was unconscious before he hit the ground but didn't need to go to a hospital. You would think they'd take him straight to a hospital if he was hit that hard.

Last edited:

Chimp

Bench
Well, I very much enjoyed seeing the footage, and would have given Soliola a pat on the back if he played for my team - it's part of the job of a forward to rough up the oppositions star players.

Having said that, it's definitely a send off offence. He doesn't even start to engage in contact or start his swinging arm until the ball has already left Slaters hands. He saw an opportunity and took it, and i don't blame him one bit for it, but it's a dog shot.

Soliola isnt usually a dirty player, and fair play to him for putting his hands up, pleading guilty, apologising and accepting his medicine - nothing more to see here.

Slater & particularly Cronk do the quick outise inside pass very often. Slater gets that ball back there, he scores. why else would he be pushing delierately back in towards Soliola. Either to get the ball back or remove soliola as a defender.
He needs to be a tad more careful in future. you get hurt.

carcharias

Immortal
Tackled on suspicion I get.
But that tackle was not one of them.
Imagine if chambers does that to Maloney in the grand final.
....and didn't get sent off

Arnold

Juniors
you are kidding. He wont even cop a suspension. His biggest battle is that Billy the untouchable got touched. The media & commentry is his enemy.Fact 1 Once he slips, it not a send off. FAct 2, Slater Slips, so wont be anything worse than careless grade 1. Fact 3 . If has no priors, he gets of fwith early plea

Fact 4. 5 weeks the biggest suspension this season.

snout

First Grade
BILLY Slater was so badly concussed by a sickening high shot from Canberra’s Sia Soliola that the superstar fullback actually lost two weeks of his life.

A damning medical report by Storm doctor Jason Chan - tendered at the NRL judiciary hearing - stated Slater could not remember the match or his previous fortnight.

Slater could not even recall playing State of Origin III in Brisbane or the ankle injury he sustained leading into the decider.

-Some lines from a Murdoch newspaper about Slater and Soliola.

Jesus. H. Christ he must have hit him hard to lose all that! Does a medical report from a club's doctor have much say in these kind of things?
The club doctor stated that he was unconscious before he hit the ground but didn't need to go to a hospital. You would think they'd take him straight to a hospital if he was hit that hard.
Lost two weeks of his life...lol.

Is he gonna die two weeks earlier?

Least he gets to watch the third game again and not know who won.