What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm v Broncos on Channel 9

Sleep

Juniors
I don't care how many Broncos games we've gotten this year. The majority of them would of been the 2nd game on the Friday night in NSW anyhow.

To put the Eels/Dogs game up before a Storm/Brisbane clash is laughable and stupid.

Outside of Eels and Dogs fans, no one wants to watch that trash. Top job channel 9.

Loudstrat

Coach
I don't care how many Broncos games we've gotten this year. The majority of them would of been the 2nd game on the Friday night in NSW anyhow.

To put the Eels/Dogs game up before a Storm/Brisbane clash is laughable and stupid.

Outside of Eels and Dogs fans, no one wants to watch that trash. Top job channel 9.
If that was the case, what about all those Friday night Bronco games, or the endless tedium of seeing the Titans season self destruct? The Dogs game - 8 disallowed tries ffs! But no Queenslander complained about seeing them instead of big games involving Saints or Manly.

I know it's FTA. But they may as well change the name from Friday Night football to Friday Night Broncos.

Pretty much guarantee that Eels v Dogs will outdraw and outrate the other.

Billythekid

First Grade
The dogs/eels match should go first into Sydney no question IMO.

I'm a storm fan living in NSW but i understand why they won't be shown first. My only frustration is that the second just has so many goddamn ads.

It's almost impossible to stick around and watch the second game. The ad free game is just so far superior that it just leaves too much of a bad taste in my mouth to watch the second.

AuDragon

Juniors
AuDragon, not exactly the best argument to make there bud. ANZ stadium vs. AAMI stadium, it's not even a contest. Even television audiences won't help us out here.

It's more than understandable to see why the Bulldogs vs. Eels is the NSW game, it's just a shame they're going to miss out on a far more important game.
Did you even read what I replied to in the first place? :roll:

I don't think the venue makes the difference but who is playing, as well as their classification and time of the year. Case in hand:
The 50uff$ game against their fierce rivals at ANZ = less than 15k

The Dogs vs Eels will undoubtfully bring more people, as both teams are far better supported, but their ranking on the ladder and the fact they're pretty much done and dusted this season, may just be enough to limit this game to 20-25k.

One of the most fierce rivalries of this decade is being played in Melbourne without live broadcast for the locals, how is it so far fetched that it might attract just as many if not more people?

AuDragon

Juniors
You could, but you'd be terribly wrong. The Broncos v Storm GF in 2006 was actually the ONLY Grand Final in the Telstra/ANZ Stadium era (1999-present) where the crowd figure fell below 80,000. That GF drew in 79,609.

Crowd-wise? It wouldn't be hard.

Thanks for that Timmah, still bloody good when you take into account both finalists were interstate. Anyway, my point stands that you can't compare finals to regular games.

As for you last comment, I would normally agree, weren't it for the circumstances I pointed in my previous post. Still, it's Victoriania, so anything is possible. :roll:

Last edited:

Stormsally

Juniors
I'm a glass half full kind of gal.

Go to the Storm Game at AAMI (best RL venue - and yes I've been to Suncorp).
Kick on to the After Party for a frothy or two.
Get home in time for the Game to start on Channel 9 :)

I won't actually do that because I'll IQ it on Foxtel and watch it without the ads - but I could if I wasn't one of the 90% of Storm fans with a Foxtel $ub$cription.

It will be a great game - I love the fact there are so many teams firing on the way to the finals and they are all playing each other.

We haven't had many(any?) Friday night games this year so I'm not complaining.

The thing I used to hate the most was when Ch9 would have a news break before the game and give you the result - just minutes before the game was due to start. The other thing is when they give you the result of the 'second' game during the first games commentary - assuming it had already been shown.

Where we would be without 9 to complain about - bring on the new TV deal (and lets hope its better)

BDGS

Bench
It is the first Storm home game on FTA this year, and the first Friday night game of the year for the Storm. Every other FTA game was on Ch 9 i think.

Big Pete

Referee
Did you even read what I replied to in the first place? :roll:

I don't think the venue makes the difference but who is playing, as well as their classification and time of the year. Case in hand:
The 50uff$ game against their fierce rivals at ANZ = less than 15k

The Dogs vs Eels will undoubtfully bring more people, as both teams are far better supported, but their ranking on the ladder and the fact they're pretty much done and dusted this season, may just be enough to limit this game to 20-25k.

One of the most fierce rivalries of this decade is being played in Melbourne without live broadcast for the locals, how is it so far fetched that it might attract just as many if not more people?

Loudstrat is a relic who wishes the NRL never expanded past his backyard, that's been established well before you and I even signed up here.

Doggies have still been drawing some great crowds and I can see this game still drawing more than AAMI's capacity.

They can have their irrelevant scrap for 12th the rest of us can enjoy a game of much more significance.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Im more pro expansion than you Pete. Traitor League, remember? You mob was all for shrinking the game.

Still, dont let the facts stand in the way. BTW, you agreed with me re the crowds, so you must be anti expansion too right?

You got your team on FTA yet again, while other QLD based top 4 chances - namely the Cowpats, have barely been sighted. But of course, wanting the FTA slots to be shared more evenly is anti expansion. ](*,)

You dumb f*cking idiot!

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: I hit a massive nerve there.

The Cowboys prefer playing on Saturdays, that's been established.

The rest of the post is just you being you, whinging like a b***h and making nonsensicle points. So just another typical Loudy post.

user_nat

Coach
You got your team on FTA yet again, while other QLD based top 4 chances - namely the Cowpats, have barely been sighted. But of course, wanting the FTA slots to be shared more evenly is anti expansion. ](*,)

You dumb f*cking idiot!
Not sure why people expect the Cowboys to get as many FTA games as Broncos/Titans. As long as 9 picks them anyhow.
It's not about getting a QLD team, it's about picking a game that rates in SEQ. Whilst I have no doubt that the Cows would rate better in Brisbane than say.. the Eels or Raiders, they still don't rate as well as the 2 SEQ teams.

Loudstrat

Coach
:lol: I hit a massive nerve there.

The Cowboys prefer playing on Saturdays, that's been established.

The rest of the post is just you being you, whinging like a b***h and making nonsensicle points. So just another typical Loudy post.
Raw for many people, not just me. In fact, anyone who supported the expansion of the game that was all f*cked by your club and Super League.

I love how you try and find the moral high ground though. Especially in a thread about match scheduling on a Friday night, which has nothing to do with you wandering off into troll territory.

And now you are suggesting that clubs can choose when they play? Tell that to Wests who had the big half century of the 61 GF at the SCG f*cked by TV scheduling. Besides, the Cowpats cant play away games on Friday night? There are alternatives, pity clueless f*cktards like you never think of them.

And Nat - ae you saying only Brisbane rate in SEQ? Or is it that Brisbane prefer playing on Fridays? In case you hadn't noticed, there are 15 other clubs. Must really piss you off that the Gold Coast has a side again I guess.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Raw for many people, not just me. In fact, anyone who supported the expansion of the game that was all f*cked by your club and Super League.

First off, before I address this point you're telling me I'm anti-expansion although I support an expansion club?

Secondly, this is some of the dumbest logic I've heard. So since I support the Broncos that automatically makes me a supporter of Super League and the impact it had on the sport itself? By that logic, I was a huge supporter of replacing Bulla with Clinton and every off-field incident that's occured. Not even a 10 year old would be as stupid to make that assumption.

Loudstrat said:
I love how you try and find the moral high ground though. Especially in a thread about match scheduling on a Friday night, which has nothing to do with you wandering off into troll territory.

Your anti-Brisbane, Melbourne and Canberra agenda has been well noted on these boards. Your posts deserved to be written off as such.

Loudstrat said:
And now you are suggesting that clubs can choose when they play?

No, but they can inform the NRL of preferences. North Queensland prefer to play their home games on Saturdays as it suits their fans.

Loudstrat said:
Besides, the Cowpats cant play away games on Friday night?

They can but there hasn't been that many opportunities.

Let me list them for you.

There was Round 4, 7, 13 and 16.

4 games in total the Broncos received the Friday night game ahead of the Cowboys away game in 2011.

And looking into it further, 2 of those games were justifiable. Before Round 4 the Cowboys had played on the Monday night and Round 7 was scheduled when the Tigers were considered one of the top teams in the comp. So really, you're just b***ing about two games. Is it really worth it?

Melbourne vs. Brisbane shapes as one of the most important games of the season and deserves it's Friday billing. If you're too petty to agree then that is your issue, not mine.

azza29

Juniors
Storm are keen to get a big crowd to this one - they've got ads all over Youtube and the rest of the web at the moment.

Latest posts