What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm v Broncos on Channel 9

GongPanther

Referee
No doubt Brisbane vs Melbourne will be the better football game, but I personally have no desire to watch either side. Hate the Broncos, and despise Melbourne.

+2.

Our game is tainted by these two "clubs" that have absolutely nothing to offer the game yet manage to harm it in more ways than one.

They are nothing but fu*king parasites.

GongPanther

Referee
No doubt Brisbane vs Melbourne will be the better football game, but I personally have no desire to watch either side. Hate the Broncos, and despise Melbourne.

+2.

Our game is tainted by these two "clubs" that have absolutely nothing to offer the game yet still manage to harm it in more ways than one.

They are nothing but fu*king parasites.

But on the other side of the coin,I find it laughable that we see the Dogs V Parra on a Friday night after the sh!t form these two teams have been displaying....regardless of their popularity with channels Neins perceived ratings.

If Nein had it their way,even if the Dogs and Parra finish last and second last respectively for this year,they'd still ask the NRL if they could still show these two teams in this years Grand Final.:crazy:

Billythekid

First Grade
Lol you can't even edit your posts properly. Also the broncos and storm have nothing to offer the league? F*ck off. This coming from a panthers fan.

brad_19

Juniors
Melbourne and Nine don't deserve rugby league.
Leave them to the ballet on grass.

Good stuff mate. Lets just leave RL confined to 2 states of Australia and forget any expansion. :? Some New South Welshman (or Canberrans) folk are so insular!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Going to be a great game and one def worth heading to the pub for if you want to watch it live in WA. Any fans in Perth, The Paddo has it on live at 5.30pm.

firechild

First Grade
Nothing wrong with expansion, WA actually wants rugby league to expand there. Expansion into Victoria has been met with little more than reluctance and disinterest. Sure, there's a handful of fans down there, there are also a handful of fans in PNG and England but that doesn't necessarily mean we should have teams there. Melbourne are probably 15 years away from getting more than a handful of locals in the league, let alone their own team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Didn't their Toyota cup team and SG Ball side both reach finals with predominantly Vic players?

Also if attendance is your criteria for teams I am guessing teams with lower attendances such as Penrith don't belong in the NRL either? Last year would have seen Cronulla, Manly, Warriors, NQ and Newcastle all punted out of the comp on your criteria of disinterest as well!

Maybe the 400-900k TV audiences are not worth anything iyo or the value of clubs and code sponsors being seen in Australia's 2nd biggest city?

user_nat

Coach
Had a glance at the AFL score from tonight, complete blowout.

Would have been a good chance channel 9. Stupid idiots.

Sleep

Juniors
I still can't believe that nine could make such a blunder. The contrast in quality between the two matches is huge. It's like watching the lower grades before the professionals.

beave

Coach
The standard of broadcast tonight in this game was f**king embarrassing. One example,The yow yeh try just as they went to look at the video ref replay, bang, bunnings commercial.

Oh and Sterlo, I know when you've just had a feed in the commentary box champ, you can tell in his voice that he still probably had a half a ham sandwhich in his gob (51st minute) I just dont know how they can f**k things up time and time again, drop outs and they say 'we're going to a commercial break' and there's no break, we got a silent broadcast for 30 odd secs.......... big deal??? Well then they have to find the time to jam that commercial in somewhere else. They f**king shit me to tears.

Last edited: