What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strongest 2004 team

fish

Juniors
It is a win win situation being underated by all,it was the same in 2002.We were expected to get the spoon then and ended up just missing the 8.
Even if we finish 9-12 going by most with an opinion it will be a good year.

groggo

Juniors
1. A. Walker
2. S. Donald
3. K. McGuinness
4. A. Torrens
5. C. Hicks
6. Mullane
7. M Monaghan
8. J. King
9. C. Randall
10. D. Heckenberg
11. S. Haumono
12. S. Harris
13. S. Menzies

14. A. Watmough
15. J. Hopoate
16. I. Donnelly
17. L. Williamson

Disco

Bench
groggo said:
1. A. Walker
2. S. Donald
3. K. McGuinness
4. A. Torrens
5. C. Hicks
6. Mullane
7. M Monaghan
8. J. King
9. C. Randall
10. D. Heckenberg
11. S. Haumono
12. S. Harris
13. S. Menzies

14. A. Watmough
15. J. Hopoate
16. I. Donnelly
17. L. Williamson
I like what i see Groggo

simon says

First Grade
Im very surprised that you have your best payer in Hoppa on the bench....whats the go with that?????

Disco

Bench
simon says said:
Im very surprised that you have your best payer in Hoppa on the bench....whats the go with that?????
Firstly he won't be back till around rnd 5-6, so people are probably easing him in, secondly he is being moved from the wing to the back row and imo he will need time to adjust, let him start off the bench, avoiding the early rough and tumble in games and then bring him on as an impact player and watch him tear it up

woodgers

Bench
anywho, do you think that Monaghan is capable enough of providing quality ball to his forwards. He hasn't impressed me too much in some of his performances. He does the basics but hasn't really expanded on them.

He is more than capable. You go to the Raiders forum and ask over there. Last year when he announced that he was leaving we were all devistated. In terms of ball playing halves, Canberra hasn't seen a player like him since Stuart or Daley. He puts players in gaps all day long. If you want someone for Beaver to run off, it is a very smart buy for Manly. I've been watching him for years and if you know the technicalities of the game, you will see that he is even better than his brother (who scored 22 tries last year - but is a completly different type of player) Also Madunit you probably saw him last year either against the Dogs where he played at Hooker and caused all sorts of dramas, I think from memory he had 2 try assists that night. You may have also seen him against the Storm in the home final where he had a 4cm tear in a quad muscle, which makes it difficult to do anything, however he still scored a try, so i'm not too sure what you're watching. I won't even go into premier league form - they broke all sorts of records last year and he was playing kids with the opposition most of last year.

As much as I hate to say it, I will have a soft spot for Manly this year and will follow his progress closely.

Blunty

Juniors
News is that Menzies is headed for the centres. Also Walker to fullback with Williamson at 5/8 as a defensive unit, therefore Walker can just slot in, in attack. Darren Peachey looks like he might be a good winger for us next year, he is a youngster who play for Aus, schools I think.

1. A Walker
2. S Donald
3. S Menzies
4. C Hicks
5. D Peachey
6. L Williamson
7. M Monaghan
8. J King
9. C Randall
10. D Heckenburg
11. J Hopoate (S Harris)
12. S Haumono
13. A Watmough (not sure about this position)

14. S Dunley
15. I Donnelly
16. K Leualai
17. A Torrens

Disco

Bench
If Menzies were headed to the centres (i'd prefer watmough there over Menzies) i'd play this team

1. A Walker
2. S Donald
3. S Menzies
4. K Mcguiness
5. C Hicks
6. J Mullane
7. M Monaghan
8. J King
9. C Randall
10. I Donnelly
11. S Harris
12. S Haumono
13. L Williamson

14. S Dunley
15. D Heckenberg
16. K Leualai/N Paterson
17. A Watmough

Of course Hoppa would return after 5 or so rounds off the bench as a backrower

Matt M

Juniors
Well I've changed my side.

1 Walker (should play similar to Lockyer, FB in defense, 5/8 in attack)
2 Donald (no problems here)
3 McGuiness (his defence was suprisingly good in 2003, his attack will need to improve a lot)
4 Stephenson (I'm hearing big things from him)
5 Hicks (can't see any problems with him, very capable first grader)
6 Williamson (defensive 5/8, could act as another backrower in attack)
7 Monaghan (what woodgers said)
8 King (one of the best young props, if not the best)
9 Randall (our best hooker easily, has a big future)
10 Heckenberg (played great for Parra this year, has a big future)
11 Watmough (another great junior)
12 Harris (gets better with every game)
13 Menzies (no explanation here, 5 tries of equalling the record for most tries by a forward)

14 Haumono (makes a big impact off the bench, has good go forward)
15 Hopoate (may take some time to get used to the forwards)
16 Donnelly (another great young prop)
17. Dunley/Lennon(Dunley worked well at Parra coming off the bench, Lennon could provide some real speed when the opposition forwards are tired. Both of them have utility value)

AJ

Juniors
I have heard rumours that Walker will be alternating between fullback and 5/8. 5/8 in attack, and fullback in defence.

AJ

Magpie Nick

Juniors
1. Walker
2. Donald
3. McGuinness
4. Hicks
5. Macey

6. Mullane
7. Monoghan

13. Menzies (C)
12. Hopoate
11. Williamson
10. Haumono
9. Randall
8. King

14. Torrens
15. Heckenberg
16. Watmough
17. Harris

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
I went to the world seven’s and watched Lennon play, I think he will be our starting 5/8th in 2004 ahead of Mullane.

Disco

Bench
Mayor_Quimby said:
I went to the world seven’s and watched Lennon play, I think he will be our starting 5/8th in 2004 ahead of Mullane.
give mullane a chance, i'll rate them both after the trials

Blunty

Juniors
Magpie Nick said:
1. Walker
2. Donald
3. McGuinness
4. Hicks
5. Macey

6. Mullane
7. Monoghan

13. Menzies (C)
12. Hopoate
11. Williamson
10. Haumono
9. Randall
8. King

14. Torrens
15. Heckenberg
16. Watmough
17. Harris

Sorry but who is Macey?

PREDATOR

Juniors
Gday guys,so you think hicks will be a regular first grader? I hope he gets more of an opportunity than he got from penrith.. *edit*
On the fullback question he could even play there,so that could free up walker to play 5/8 8)
Good luck for this year guys,you seem to have developed a pack of monstrous proportions!! :shock:

chileman

Coach
Cheers Predator...I'm sure Hicks will have a great season, pity he left the Panthers contraversially but you see that happen in all clubs with certain players....just look at Hoppa :oops: Hopefully your loss is our gain but I can see the Panthers being the yard stick this season for all teams to catch! Good luck for the season and bring it on, this offseason is a killer!

Phillips

Referee
1. Walker
2. Donald
3. McGuinness
4. Menzies (C)
5. Hicks
6. Lennon
7. Monaghan
8. Leuluai
9. Dunley
10. Donnelly
11. Haumono
12. Watmough
13. Stephenson

14. Rennie
15. Paterson
16. Harris
17. Mullane

TRIALS

Juniors
realisticly ...you have better halves in your coaching staff than you do in your sqaud ...i have no doubt that cliffy and toovey are still better players than any of the trash running around in the halves for you guys at the moment!