What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Dogs Of War

Coach
Daz ask for the concha comp one. You should have got an invite already, but if not just get the code by asking for it in the kian cup

Spot On

Coach
2 points for a hit up greater than 8m.

1 point for a hit up less than 8m.

Is this right? And if so, you'd wan't a team of fullbacks??

some11

Referee
Correct, also starting prices assume all past stats were over 8m so every forward is overvalued from the get-go.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
For those wanting spots there's some room in the LeagueUnlimitedSC1 comp that has been renewed from last season

Invite code is 185488

Dazraider

Juniors
Daz ask for the concha comp one. You should have got an invite already, but if not just get the code by asking for it in the kian cup

thanks mate ill look that up

yeah missed out oh well best of luck anyway guys atleast im in one as well

Last edited:

Grave_Digger

Juniors
This is my first draft (will look nothing like this by Rd 1 I'm sure)

1. J. Hayne
2. J. Taufua
3. J. Croker
4. B. Ferguson
5. W. Tonga
6. T. Campese
7. K. Gidley
8. R. Farah
9. C. Smith
10. T. Merrin
11. C. Parker
12. G. Stewart
13. S. Fensom

14. B. White
15. T. Sims
16. J. Yow Yeh
17. J. Drinkwater

The rest are cheapies.

I doubt Yow Yeh will play early.

Grave_Digger

Juniors
Issue is depth at the moment as we don't know who of the rookies will be playing round one. Here is a team of likely(I use the term loosely)starters.

C.Smith, M.Bell, J.Buhrer (T.Weddell, J.Moors, C.King)

N.Myles, T.Williams, S.Williams (T.Sims, D.Finucane, T.Harris)

A.Sezer (R.Lui)

J.Thurston (T.Campese)

B.Te'o, M.Gordon, J.Sa'u, L.Brown (G.Beale, J.Loko, D.Kemp)

G.Inglis (M.Fonua)

Spot On

Coach
C. Smith, J.McGuire, S.Rapira (Nuffie, Nuffie, Nuffie)

A. Glenn, B.Teo, S. Williams (Nuffie, Nuffie, Nuffie)

C. Sandow (Drinkwater)

J. Thurston, J. Maloney

L. Brown, D. Boyd, T. Williams, G, Beale, G. Inglis, J. Loko (Nuffie)

M.Gordon, J. Mansour

Possible line up to take advantage of new scoring system??? Plenty of ball returners, goal kickers, tackle breaks, offloads, forced drop outs?????

The "Nuffies" will all be filled by $87500 ( maybe a few at greater price) blokes who should be getting a start.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

tumbidragon

First Grade
What do you think of Mose Masoe as a cheapy? Don't know what kind of minutes he'll see but @ 107K surely there must be value in him with the new points system. Any Panthers fans have any clue on where Mose stands in the squads 17? Does he make Gus erect?

Grave_Digger

Juniors
C. Smith, J.McGuire, S.Rapira (Nuffie, Nuffie, Nuffie)

A. Glenn, B.Teo, S. Williams (Nuffie, Nuffie, Nuffie)

C. Sandow (Drinkwater)

J. Thurston, J. Maloney

L. Brown, D. Boyd, T. Williams, G, Beale, G. Inglis, J. Loko (Nuffie)

M.Gordon, J. Mansour

Possible line up to take advantage of new scoring system??? Plenty of ball returners, goal kickers, tackle breaks, offloads, forced drop outs?????

The "Nuffies" will all be filled by $87500 ( maybe a few at greater price) blokes who should be getting a start.

Thoughts?

I'm worried there will not be enough $87K players playing round 1 so me personally am planing for the slightly more expensive rookies....

I'd swing McGuire into the 2RF and swap Glenn for Tolman, he will score well while Graham is out and should be able to do a straight trade for a Merrin or a Luke by rounds 8-10.

Drinkwater looks likely to be Steve Prices second choice at HB so you may want to look at other options...It looks like Lui and Albert maybe to only cheap options at HB which is disappointing but hopefully someone put their and hand up during trials.

I think Maloney is a waste of money but that's just me I think there are better options...watch Graham he may get #13 with Gallen moving to the front row. Maybe find a way to get McCrone with the cash?

I think there are better options than Boyd, extra $9K you have Gillett...Idris could be a smokey, big forward pack could create good field position for him.

What do you think of Mose Masoe as a cheapy? Don't know what kind of minutes he'll see but @ 107K surely there must be value in him with the new points system. Any Panthers fans have any clue on where Mose stands in the squads 17? Does he make Gus erect?

I would steer clear of him big time, he will make $20-30K max and be a AE nightmare.

Here's an idea of panthers best 17.

1. Whare\Naiqama
2. Mansour
3. Tighe
4. Naiqama\Whare
5. Simmons (coaches pet)
6. Coote
7. Walsh (coaches pet)
8. Grant
9. Kingston ©
10. Mckendry
11. Brown
12. Manu
13. Ciraldo\Simpkins

14. Segeyaro
15. Newton
16. Weston
17. Matt Robinson\Austin\Smith

RHCP

Bench
Lewis Brown is looking good at 170K as somebody to make a little bit of cash and some alright points if he can get the starting second row spot at Penrith.

Spot On

Coach
I'm worried there will not be enough $87K players playing round 1 so me personally am planing for the slightly more expensive rookies....

I'd swing McGuire into the 2RF and swap Glenn for Tolman, he will score well while Graham is out and should be able to do a straight trade for a Merrin or a Luke by rounds 8-10.

Drinkwater looks likely to be Steve Prices second choice at HB so you may want to look at other options...It looks like Lui and Albert maybe to only cheap options at HB which is disappointing but hopefully someone put their and hand up during trials.

I think Maloney is a waste of money but that's just me I think there are better options...watch Graham he may get #13 with Gallen moving to the front row. Maybe find a way to get McCrone with the cash?

I think there are better options than Boyd, extra $9K you have Gillett...Idris could be a smokey, big forward pack could create good field position for him.

I would steer clear of him big time, he will make $20-30K max and be a AE nightmare.

Here's an idea of panthers best 17.

1. Whare\Naiqama
2. Mansour
3. Tighe
4. Naiqama\Whare
5. Simmons (coaches pet)
6. Coote
7. Walsh (coaches pet)
8. Grant
9. Kingston ©
10. Mckendry
11. Brown
12. Manu
13. Ciraldo\Simpkins

14. Segeyaro
15. Newton
16. Weston
17. Matt Robinson\Austin\Smith

I think Maloney will score very well at the Roosters. I'm happy to go with him. As for McCrone, I wouldn't by him with someone else's money.

I like your idea re swapping Glenn for Tolman while Graham is out. Makes good sense.

I agree Idris is very well priced but unfortunately I have no confidence in the Titan's halves and worry he may not get a lot of quality ball and that his fitness will again see him struggle. He is still on my radar at his price though. I can see where you are coming from with Boyd, however I think he'll score much better than last year.

I would have thought J. Mansoor would have a mortgage on the fullback spot at Penrith with Coote at 5/8.

Will Gillett be starting and playing 80mins this year? I'm not that fussed over him.

Tumbidragon

I personally would not have Mose at all. Not enough points in him.

I think the two Rapiras (Warriors) are cheap. Not sure about their injury status etc and am concerned with the team Elliot will go with. I need to see it first.

eozsmiles

Bench
Lewis Brown is looking good at 170K as somebody to make a little bit of cash and some alright points if he can get the starting second row spot at Penrith.

I'm picking Lewis Brown. He is handy as a dual position player too.

I don't quite get all the Tolman love that is around? He will be disadvantaged by the change to attacking stats and he can't really do much more on the field than he already is. It's not as though he'll start playing 80 mins and breaking tackles now that Graham is injured. I can't see his supercoach stats improving, more likely declining marginally.

RHCP

Bench
I'm picking Lewis Brown. He is handy as a dual position player too.

I don't quite get all the Tolman love that is around? He will be disadvantaged by the change to attacking stats and he can't really do much more on the field than he already is. It's not as though he'll start playing 80 mins and breaking tackles now that Graham is injured. I can't see his supercoach stats improving, more likely declining marginally.
Yep, he'll be useful for sure.

Ditto on Tolman. He's the type of player with the most to lose out of the scoring changes.

gronkathon

First Grade
First year in a very long time I have not picked a Gallen, Parker, Fensom or Inglis.

The attacking stats make it a interesting game this season.