What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2024 - I've gone off early

Stake Removed

First Grade
How selfish was AOB, Ponga was injured he should have been replaced at half time and Gagai moved to fullback lol

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'm on the horns of a dilemma.

Pongy still managed a 79 despite only really playing for about 55-60 minutes effectively. 158 if I do the VC loophole.

The question is can Hynes or DCE get better. DCE is in a harder game so he's sitting on the bench ATM.

If the Sharks were more reliable I'd be thinking Hynes should score 130-150 in base alone in the Souths game, but, they are The Sharks.

Perhaps I should just stick with AFB who must be due for a bigger score soon.

Chimp

Bench
I'm on the horns of a dilemma.

Pongy still managed a 79 despite only really playing for about 55-60 minutes effectively. 158 if I do the VC loophole.

The question is can Hynes or DCE get better. DCE is in a harder game so he's sitting on the bench ATM.

If the Sharks were more reliable I'd be thinking Hynes should score 130-150 in base alone in the Souths game, but, they are The Sharks.

Perhaps I should just stick with AFB who must be due for a bigger score soon.
Exactly my dilemma, but with Manu…. He got 108, so looking at 216 if I loophole him, but have to lose Shaun Lane (who’s been poor) to do so.
Question is, does Manu at 108, plus Lane and Nicho with double points earn more than Manu as captain plus Nich single points. I work it out that if I don’t do the loop, Nicho needs to score a minimum of 80 for me to break even.
If Manu got closer to 150, it’s a no brainer.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Exactly my dilemma, but with Manu…. He got 108, so looking at 216 if I loophole him, but have to lose Shaun Lane (who’s been poor) to do so.
Question is, does Manu at 108, plus Lane and Nicho with double points earn more than Manu as captain plus Nich single points. I work it out that if I don’t do the loop, Nicho needs to score a minimum of 80 for me to break even.
If Manu got closer to 150, it’s a no brainer.
Hahah Yep

I know this much.

I have paid far more attention to trying to figure out the intracacies of SC this year even though I've been participating for probably 10 years.

It's not as simple as pulling names out of a hat huh? You've gone a step forward from me becuase I haven't done the maths so dilligently.

With Nicho is 80 an arbitary number or are you using his break even. Interesting to learn how others are approaching this game.

Chimp

Bench
Hahah Yep

I know this much.

I have paid far more attention to trying to figure out the intracacies of SC this year even though I've been participating for probably 10 years.

It's not as simple as pulling names out of a hat huh? You've gone a step forward from me becuase I haven't done the maths so dilligently.

With Nicho is 80 an arbitary number or are you using his break even. Interesting to learn how others are approaching this game.
I’ve also done SC for a fair few years, but have never taken the time to fully understand it. I usually try pack my team with point machines and then scramble cheapies everywhere and then give up after about 8 rounds, but I lasted the full year last year and am trying to be a bit more clever with the whole VC loophole, which I only learned of last year.
I don’t really understand the whole ‘break even’ thing that people talk about. Nicho is slated as predicted 80, but it was actually just my estimates more around Lane’s performance, as he’s the person who’s score id lose - Lane usually scores around 40ish, so for break even leaving Nicho as captain, if I lose Lane, Nicho needs to score about 20 less than Manu to land on the same score as if I use the loophole. Anything above 80 from Nicho and I should earn more, unless Lane brains it, which is exactly what will happen if I drop him.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Hahah Yep

I know this much.

OIC.

You seem to be using his projection. Right? His BE is 103 for crying out loud.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I’ve also done SC for a fair few years, but have never taken the time to fully understand it. I usually try pack my team with point machines and then scramble cheapies everywhere and then give up after about 8 rounds, but I lasted the full year last year and am trying to be a bit more clever with the whole VC loophole, which I only learned of last year.
I don’t really understand the whole ‘break even’ thing that people talk about. Nicho is slated as predicted 80, but it was actually just my estimates more around Lane’s performance, as he’s the person who’s score id lose - Lane usually scores around 40ish, so for break even leaving Nicho as captain, if I lose Lane, Nicho needs to score about 20 less than Manu to land on the same score as if I use the loophole. Anything above 80 from Nicho and I should earn more, unless Lane brains it, which is exactly what will happen if I drop him.
Basic explanation. Break even is the score they have to get to to maintain their buying price. If they keep beating their BE they get price rises e.g. Schiller. They don't hit it they get reductions e.g Nicho so far

That's how I understand it

Chimp

Bench
Basic explanation. Break even is the score they have to get to to maintain their buying price. If they keep beating their BE they get price rises e.g. Schiller. They don't hit it they get reductions e.g Nicho so far

That's how I understand it
Ah…. Where does it show you their BE score?

edit: Just seen it’s a locked feature, though I’m sure someone somewhere will have published them all

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ah…. Where does it show you their BE score?
On any of the individual player profile screens or just on your field view. The red figure is Nicho's price drop since the start. He's practically not sellable.

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 8.04.30 pm.png
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 8.04.58 pm.png

fizzgig

Juniors
Loophole conundrum:
C = Captain
VC = Vice Captain
P = Player you would have had play
N = Non-playing option in the same position as you Player (Bye/not picked/injured)
L = Lowest scoring non-player (may be the Player if they score lowest)

Normal score = Cx2 + VC + P
Loophole score = C + VCx2 + L

Change in score = VC + L - C - P You know VC, have a hint at L and punting on C and P

Assumes:
Captain and Player play after Vice Captain - Also Non-playing option is in a team playing after or on the Bye
You have an option to switch Player with a Non-playing option
You switch Player and their Non-Playing option before any of the Captain, Player and Non-playing option are marked as played (this include non-players in teams who have played earlier - they can't be moved)
Place Captain on Non-Playing option

Stake Removed

First Grade
Loophole conundrum:
C = Captain
VC = Vice Captain
P = Player you would have had play
N = Non-playing option in the same position as you Player (Bye/not picked/injured)
L = Lowest scoring non-player (may be the Player if they score lowest)

Normal score = Cx2 + VC + P
Loophole score = C + VCx2 + L

Change in score = VC + L - C - P You know VC, have a hint at L and punting on C and P

Assumes:
Captain and Player play after Vice Captain - Also Non-playing option is in a team playing after or on the Bye
You have an option to switch Player with a Non-playing option
You switch Player and their Non-Playing option before any of the Captain, Player and Non-playing option are marked as played (this include non-players in teams who have played earlier - they can't be moved)
Place Captain on Non-Playing option
Now I am more confused.
The byes make it harder as well

Frenzy.

Immortal
Dear oh dear. DCE you long necked lizard. Of course you score 2 tries and 2 goals when I don't take you as C over Nicho.

Woe is me.

fizzgig

Juniors
Now I am more confused.
The byes make it harder as well
The Byes actually make it easier. - if you have a Bye player in your team the only part of the loophole they can play part in is the Non-playing Player. They don't get locked out until the end of the round so they're always available to switch in rather than having someone in a team that's in "the last few games" that you switch in before they get locked out.

Chimp

Bench
I left Nicho as Captain - if I’d done the loop, I’d have been 12 points better off with the looks of it.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I left Nicho as Captain - if I’d done the loop, I’d have been 12 points better off with the looks of it.
Same. If I had done it with Pongy would be 24 better off but KPP went 28 over projected so who knows.

Anyone got Ethan Strange? Lots of noise on X that he is out of today's game.

Latest posts