What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Sauce

T.S Quint

Coach
The first mouthful of biscuits and gravy is sublime. Every one after is just awful.

Biscuits and gravy is awesome! Whenever I go to the USA I have to find a place where I can order some.
It's revoltingly delicious.

Buffalo wings are the GOAT FOOD though.
Anyone know where I can get the best ranch sauce in Aus? The stuff in the local Woolies just isn't the same.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I bought some Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce (474 mL) yesterday at Aldi for $3.99. Haven't tried it yet as I have no chicken.

I'm going to use it on drumsticks instead of wings because wings are a ripoff economically.

Wings have, by far, the lowest meat to bone ratio of any chicken cut at 54%. Factor in the skin and it drops to 33%.

Here's the source of the percentages from the Texas Agricultural Extension Service:-

http://posc.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/20/2012/08/l-2290.pdf

I'm with Beave all the way, go the wings, delectable meat, I just don't like the drumstick by itself, however when I roast a whole chicken I always have the thigh with the drumstick attached, I like eating it that way.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I'm with Beave all the way, go the wings, delectable meat, I just don't like the drumstick by itself, however when I roast a whole chicken I always have the thigh with the drumstick attached, I like eating it that way.
I followed Beave's lead with the wings and bought a few kilos this arvo at $2.50/kg.

The drumstick attached to the thigh cut is known as a Maryland and one of my favourites.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I followed Beave's lead with the wings and bought a few kilos this arvo at $2.50/kg.

The drumstick attached to the thigh cut is known as a Maryland and one of my favourites.

I used to buy the thighs and drumsticks separately from one of the butchers in the centre where I work and roast them, I would also chuck in a few wings but found I wasn't enjoying the drumsticks so much by them self, then the butcher stopped getting the thighs in so I didn't bother with the pieces anymore as the whole chicken works out so economical now. The butcher where I used to buy the pieces from now stocks the marylands but still doesn't have the thighs separately. Love the Maryland when I roast the whole chook, still sometimes buy some wings but eat them more when I go out for dinner.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I used to buy the thighs and drumsticks separately from one of the butchers in the centre where I work and roast them, I would also chuck in a few wings but found I wasn't enjoying the drumsticks so much by them self, then the butcher stopped getting the thighs in so I didn't bother with the pieces anymore as the whole chicken works out so economical now. The butcher where I used to buy the pieces from now stocks the marylands but still doesn't have the thighs separately. Love the Maryland when I roast the whole chook, still sometimes buy some wings but eat them more when I go out for dinner.
I just eat the whole f**king chicken....

......at one sitting.

beave

Coach
Biscuits and gravy.....

Why do I have a vision of dunking Scotch Fingers into some Gravox.....

Bucket please!

Think more of a big scone with a side of mushroom gravy without the mushrooms. If that makes sense.

Make sure you lightly flour the wings mate, makes a massive difference.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Make sure you lightly flour the wings mate, makes a massive difference.
Always!

Depending on the style of chicken, I might add things like Italian herbs, garlic salt, etc especially for schnitzels.

Mix everything up in a doubled freezer or ziplock bag, chuck in the chook and shake away!

beave

Coach
Biscuits and gravy is awesome! Whenever I go to the USA I have to find a place where I can order some.
It's revoltingly delicious.

Buffalo wings are the GOAT FOOD though.
Anyone know where I can get the best ranch sauce in Aus? The stuff in the local Woolies just isn't the same.

The closest you are gonna get is buying some of these mate

http://www.usafoods.com.au/Hidden-Valley-Ranch-Dressing-Mix-3-2oz

you mix the pack with milk and mayo.

Still way better than the dross at woolies. I have a stash of about 8 bottles of Hidden Valley, cannot underestimate how good they are.

beave

Coach
This nearly made its way home with me sunday. I was worried about the weight in my bag as I had bought tonnes of other shit and didnt want to go over for my flight. Im kinda spewing I didn’t buy it now...

E3701D11-599F-48EA-B52A-49786BBFA2E0_zpsghfs1ulc.jpg

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
This nearly made its way home with me sunday. I was worried about the weight in my bag as I had bought tonnes of other shit and didnt want to go over for my flight. Im kinda spewing I didn’t buy it now...

That's a party in a box! Only USD20?

horrie hastings

First Grade
I just eat the whole f**king chicken....

......at one sitting.

God there were days where I could do that very easily but now with the larger chickens it can easily do my house hold of two people two nights worth of dinners. Yum I'm getting hungry thinking about it now.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Lol, that just looks so wrong :eek: :D

T.S Quint

Coach

T.S Quint

Coach

That is awesome, and I would totally get one the next time I'm in the USA...except that my missus definitely would not be amused.

jim_57

Staff member
Buffalo Wing enthusiast here as well.

Regarding Ranch sauce, there is a place here in Melbourne called "wings of glory" that do decent wings and a great ranch sauce. Tried to replicate it using a combo of the flavours I could pick and internet recipes and came up pretty spot on.

1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/8 Cup Mayonaise
1 Tbs Chopped Dill
1/2 - 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 - 1 Tsp Onion Powder
1/2 - 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

Combine and sit for at least half an hour.

I'm not sure how that compares with the traditional US stuff as I personally haven't tried it but shits on any of the local varieties.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Each to their own mate but cannot agree with that. When seared off perfect and still a little "under" in the middle they're the sweetest little gems to ever grace a plate. Paired with a nice little green apple slaw and I begin to understand crack addicts and their addiction problems.

Have to agree, had some scallops at a tapas place just before Christmas and they were done with apple and lardon, so delicate and beautiful, the scallops were slightly underdone but sweet and opaque and they married perfectly with the other ingrediants. It is like all seafood though, you can get beautiful fresh Australian scallops then you can horrible rubbish imports too just like prawns and fish