What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney is Red, White and Blue

AJB1102

First Grade
Also WTF is Robbo doing with Daniel Toupo on the bench? The bloke is rarely good for much other than taking a bomb to the corner in attack. Not much good for anything unless a winger gets injured and he's already playing a backrower in centre.

Q's gotta be asked, IMO. But thats up to Chooks fans not me.

Valheru

Coach
At least we don't do the you know what.........

At the end of the day it's premierships that matter and 21-13............

You've always been dirty and don't stick to your word hence the junior leagues have been affected for the better......

Yep and 20 of them pre colour TV

Your club has been an abject failure in the professional era and will continue to do so. They just have no idea how to run a modern day business. 5 finals appearances in 18 attempts in the NRL era (lol).

Sure, they will have the odd periods of success every 25 years or so but they won't be like the roosters who are competitive the vast majority of seasons.

Add to that, your membership base was shown for what it is this year, a compete fabrication. Worst supported Sydney side in the comp.

lol@souffs

Big Pete

Referee
Sydney were a damn good team to watch this year and with Tedesco and Manu in their backline next year they'll be right up there.

Just had too big of a hill to climb after last season. That Round 17 clash was a wake-up call and instead of being able to regroup, you lost your best player for an extended period and didn't get him back until right on the eve of the finals.

Right now there's no reason why the Roosters won't be right up there again next year.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sydney were a damn good team to watch this year and with Tedesco and Manu in their backline next year they'll be right up there.

Just had too big of a hill to climb after last season. That Round 17 clash was a wake-up call and instead of being able to regroup, you lost your best player for an extended period and didn't get him back until right on the eve of the finals.

Right now there's no reason why the Roosters won't be right up there again next year.

Even as a Souths supporter I have to agree with this statement. If roosters tighten up their defence they are one of the scariest teams in the comp. Cowboys and roosters 2018 grand final? Revenge of the cock?

Big Pete

Referee
Even as a Souths supporter I have to agree with this statement. If roosters tighten up their defence they are one of the scariest teams in the comp. Cowboys and roosters 2018 grand final? Revenge of the c**k?

The scary thing is they've got players like Brock Gray, Nat Butcher, Reuben Porter and Siteli Tupouniua coming through. Whatever depth they lose in Guerra & Evans has been filled and I'm sure they'll pick up some more fringe players during the post-season fire-sale. They've cleared out a lot of talent, and they're still looking to move a few on to get the roster they want.

adamkungl

Immortal
Attack is a bigger issue.
Robinson and Pearce ran with a very predictable attacking structure that is effective when it works but lacks the killer blow to put teams away and has no plan B when it goes wrong.
Maybe it's a hangover from a depleted 2016, but if we run the same sort of thing next year Robinson will be asking Des for advice and Pearce's haters will be proven correct once and for all.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yep and 20 of them pre colour TV

Your club has been an abject failure in the professional era and will continue to do so. They just have no idea how to run a modern day business. 5 finals appearances in 18 attempts in the NRL era (lol).

Sure, they will have the odd periods of success every 25 years or so but they won't be like the roosters who are competitive the vast majority of seasons.

Add to that, your membership base was shown for what it is this year, a compete fabrication. Worst supported Sydney side in the comp.

lol@souffs
We had the worst timeslots for games that's why.......

We all know why you're competitive too........ it's obvious and blatant you know what.....

The Cowboys took the Roosters out to deep water and drowned them. They just couldn't go with them when they applied the blowtorch in the final quarter.

Fergo's just not cut out for pressure situations.

big hit!

Bench
Even as a Souths supporter I have to agree with this statement. If roosters tighten up their defence they are one of the scariest teams in the comp. Cowboys and roosters 2018 grand final? Revenge of the c**k?

next year is next year. i'm glad that in 2017 it's once again opportunity lost for the merkins.

manly had a few good years, but Sydney have taken over canterbury as THE dominant metropolitan team in this millennium, and really should have much more to show for their competitiveness. they've only got 2002 and 2013 to really show for it. 2000, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2014, 2015 are years they either made GFs or took out minor premierships and failed when it mattered, thank f**k.

adamkungl

Immortal
next year is next year. i'm glad that in 2017 it's once again opportunity lost for the merkins.

manly had a few good years, but Sydney have taken over canterbury as THE dominant metropolitan team in this millennium, and really should have much more to show for their competitiveness. they've only got 2002 and 2013 to really show for it. 2000, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2014, 2015 are years they either made GFs or took out minor premierships and failed when it mattered, thank f**k.

Still beats sitting in the bottom 8 for years on end though

big hit!

Bench
Still beats sitting in the bottom 8 for years on end though

tbh, being nowhere near it is much easier. you know early on that the team isn't good enough.

in contrast, 2012 & 2013 were tough years mate. maybe it's was because souths were sniffing close to a premiership for the first time in 20-odd years, but losing those prelims when they had teams that could've won comps was wasteful. maybe because the team itself in those years was wasteful because they would play dumb when mattered. it's difficult to have to go through a whole season again to get another opportunity.

adamkungl

Immortal
tbh, being nowhere near it is much easier. you know early on that the team isn't good enough.

Easier isn't better.
Watching my team in the finals is a thoroughly un-enjoyable experience but I'll take every one of those 'chokes' over the Tigers or Knights usual position

Pedge1971

First Grade
Easier isn't better.
Watching my team in the finals is a thoroughly un-enjoyable experience but I'll take every one of those 'chokes' over the Tigers or Knights usual position

Rather be on a team on the rise than one going backwards. It all comes and goes in cycles and I think the roosters window will be closed until they get a better halfback.

But agree the last 3 years in particular have not been much fun for Knights fans.

big hit!

Bench
Easier isn't better.

point is, for the amount of GFs played and minor premierships Sydney have achieved, they should have more premierships. strike rate is poor. for all their competitiveness and the consistent window, they're only 1 premiership better than newcastle and wests in that time frame. once again, another wasted season.