What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Targets and retention.

CAFPOW

Juniors
I don't know how accurate ZT is, but according to that website we have Cherrington, Goodwin, Gray, Gosiewski, Greinke, Johnston, Kelly, Sutton, Nielsen, Rochow and Tyrrell are off contract. If we have to improve the current squad, only Cherrington and Gray are to be retained on that list.

DiegoNT

First Grade
AJ would be no great loss. He's hardly done a Miniciello coming in to FB position.
If we sign him as fullback then yea you are right. But he won't be on fullback money this time as I can't see an opposition club that would sign him as a fullback except possibly tigers if they lose teddy. As a winger his pretty good. He gets almost a try a game, handles kicks pretty good and is solid enough defensively. Considering that you have to pay overs to get am established winger to change clubs, then it makes sense to just try to keep aj

Rabbits20

Immortal
AJ and Burns yes, they have speed. But I don't think AJ has looked for the ball since 2014. We need some of the backs to help with the forwards, not only when the forwards are too pooped to do anything or they start looking for the ball when we're waaay behind on the scoreline so we can catch up.
Currently at doing the shit work Goodwin excels in this and was very good at it in 4 out of the 5 games we have played. Nearly at the top of the list for metres gained.

Hunt needs to improve in this area.

I'd keep Goodwin for 2018.

I wouldn't be shocked if we move on AJ and Hunt.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't know how accurate ZT is, but according to that website we have Cherrington, Goodwin, Gray, Gosiewski, Greinke, Johnston, Kelly, Sutton, Nielsen, Rochow and Tyrrell are off contract. If we have to improve the current squad, only Cherrington and Gray are to be retained on that list.
I'd retain Cherrington, Gray, Goodwin and if Sutto wants to go around again he deserves too and can play a role off the interchange.

I wouldn't be shocked if we release a couple of players as well.

callmack1

Staff member
I'm not sure about Cherrington yet. He's only played one game, he was great and if he keeps it up, certainly re-sign. Wait and see.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

You wouldn't resign Rochow and Johnston? I think they're both quite good players. Better than most. Plus Rochow is always good 18th man.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Id keep AJ and Gray, maybe Rochiw and Cherro. Wouldnt mind a cleanout with the other guys though.

Looking to the future, I like it. Goodwin and Sutton do deserve some coaching roles though or something. But yeah their time on the footy field is coming to an end.

CAFPOW

Juniors
You wouldn't resign Rochow and Johnston? I think they're both quite good players. Better than most. Plus Rochow is always good 18th man.

Yup. I wouldn't re-sign them. I still think us fans overhyped AJ too much in 2014. Heck, a one legged T. Trobojevic is ahead of him at the moment when it comes to getting picked for NSW.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yup. I wouldn't re-sign them. I still think us fans overhyped AJ too much in 2014. Heck, a one legged T. Trobojevic is ahead of him at the moment when it comes to getting picked for NSW.

Fair enough but what about Rochow? I think his pretty underestimated.

CAFPOW

Juniors
I was looking at our Rd6 training pics. I have a poor eye sight but I thought I saw Tasi and Murphy in some of those pictures. Am I seeing things? I know we should sign Tasi but is he even allowed to train with us? Or is that a sign he's next in line to get a call up to 1st grade?

Rsag85

Bench
Currently at doing the shit work Goodwin excels in this and was very good at it in 4 out of the 5 games we have played. Nearly at the top of the list for metres gained.

Hunt needs to improve in this area.

I'd keep Goodwin for 2018.

I wouldn't be shocked if we move on AJ and Hunt.

Goodwin might be retiring