What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylan May charged

Generalzod

Immortal
There are some people you just can’t reach, all the education NRL/ Clubs give players on domestic violence and respect women, people are still doing this shit, men’s masculinity is to protect women not bash them….

Wizardman

First Grade
The NRL may have just fined/suspended him 10 years ago. Im quite sure they will deregister him if found guilty.

Valheru

Coach
The full hour video before you get your pitchforks out

They were doing a give away on twitch

yobbo84

Coach
On Taylan May - deregistration for life is the only acceptable outcome if he is found guilty.

On the Roosters players' video... look, to me they're clearly ahhh "not quite right", but that video shows absolutely nothing, so nothing will happen.

However, IMO, like Todd Carney, Brandon Smith is a ticking time bomb at the Chooks, as is May...

yobbo84

Coach
I don't disagree BUT NRL hasn't taken that action in the past. I have no faith that they will here
But they should have. Anyone convicted of domestic violence should be deregistered for life. No matter who they play for.

I'm all for second chances in life, but they can have that second chance fixing broken roof tiles (apologies to any roofers), not playing professional sport.

Bazal

Post Whore

That's your second wild leap of logic with no basis in anything that's been said in this thread. For the exceptionally stupid, I don't think Jennings should be playing and I think it's likely he did what he's accused of doing.

Once again, this is what I am specifically talking about. Your effort to deflect to some imagined defence of Jennings is just grasping.

A civil matter does not "prove" anything. A civil matter can come down to who is a more convincing witness. It's literally a case where if the tribunal Member or Magistrate or whoever is hearing the matter things there's a 51% chance something happened, they can find that way. Although there are other factors depending on the type of matter that might up that number.

A finding in a civil court is not even in the same state as a finding in a criminal court. Even a criminal court is not proof. Wrongful conviction happens. But it's a much better standard of proof than a civil matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iamback

Coach
But they should have. Anyone convicted of domestic violence should be deregistered for life. No matter who they play for.

I'm all for second chances in life, but they can have that second chance fixing broken roof tiles (apologies to any roofers), not playing professional sport.

I agree. The game is too light on stuff like this