What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list next Tuesday vs Rnd 10 Broncos 10th May 2024

Ness1500

Juniors
T
1. Simmonson
2. Sivo (no choice but I would rather Ethyn Martin)
3. Penisini
4. Harper (no choice)
5. Russell
6. Brown
7. Sanders
13. Hopgood
12. Carty
11. Matto (but it will be Lane)
10. Paulo
9. Hands (but it will be Lussick)
8. RCG
14. Offa
15. Kelma
16. Matto/Makatoa (if Matto starts)
17. Lussick/ Hands
Talagi could be 1 with Simmo at 2 and Sivo out. Harper has been one of our more solid players the last few weeks - look at his workload. So saying no choice is a bit harsh

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think Xerri was signed by the Dogs at the end of 2022 at which time I am not sure we were looking for another centre and Olam was agreed in Jan 2024 as a player swap with Blore which was after we had signed Harper.
Harper was definitely signed as a depth player given our first choice centres were Simmonsson and Penisini.

Correction: Xerri was available at the time that we had lost and not replaced Opacic following the 2022 GF.
Waqa Blake and Penisini were our first choice centres at that time and it was before Blake's total meltdown (it was only partial at that stage).
Yet another example within the club of taking too long to act. The majority on here were calling for Blake to be dropped at that stage but no, we waited until he was completely dogshit before making the call. It’s endemic in this club. We accept mediocrity.

eels4life87

Juniors
Thinking about next Fridays game and Im getting excited.
Yep we will probably lose but after following our Eels for 60 seasons, thats nothing new to me. My footy experience is much more than the game.
Its memories of Mum and Dad and so much fun footy time with them now gone.
Its time with my Sister and her hubby who love their Eels also.
Its sitting with my Son and youngest grandie, forgetting the worries of the world and just sharing time together.
Its remembering great Eels moments and players. Yes Ive been lucky enough to see many.
Its enjoying the reviews and comments afterwards although I must say this forum is far more entertaining after a loss.
Enough waffle.
Id like to see this team chosen V The Broncos.
Talagi. Put your money where your mouth is BA.
Simmonson
Penisini
Harper
Russell
Brown. Yes number 6 and Captain.
Sanders. Yes number 7 and goal kicker.
Greig. Ffs give him a chance. He was a revelation last year.
Hands. Has to be better than Lussick.
RCG. Hopefully the rest was kind to him.
Matterson. Best game in 2 years last week.
Cartwright. Welcome back champion.
Hopgood
Arthur. Lets see if he can handle it.
Oppy
Paulo. Run front on you pretender.
Lane. Middle, make the bugger earn his money.
Cant wait.
I LOVE this team list. Tbh I would make this our regular season team list even when players are back except obviously Gutho going back to number 1 and Mitch going back to number 7 but keeping the rest of the team the same.

I wish I understood why R&R signed Lussick in the off season. Brendan Hands showed himself to be a stellar number 9 option when Hodgson wasn’t available and I was looking forward to seeing how he would go with another pre season under his belt and was then left completely baffled when they signed Lussick. Like why? 🙄🙄

I think it’s too early to be making Dylan Brown captain of the team though after what happened off the field only a year ago. Behavior like that shouldn’t be awarded with the role of captain. Maybe a discussion about it another 5-10 years though

chiefy1

Juniors
Thinking about next Fridays game and Im getting excited.
Yep we will probably lose but after following our Eels for 60 seasons, thats nothing new to me. My footy experience is much more than the game.
Its memories of Mum and Dad and so much fun footy time with them now gone.
Its time with my Sister and her hubby who love their Eels also.
Its sitting with my Son and youngest grandie, forgetting the worries of the world and just sharing time together.
Its remembering great Eels moments and players. Yes Ive been lucky enough to see many.
Its enjoying the reviews and comments afterwards although I must say this forum is far more entertaining after a loss.
Enough waffle.
Id like to see this team chosen V The Broncos.
Talagi. Put your money where your mouth is BA.
Simmonson
Penisini
Harper
Russell
Brown. Yes number 6 and Captain.
Sanders. Yes number 7 and goal kicker.
Greig. Ffs give him a chance. He was a revelation last year.
Hands. Has to be better than Lussick.
RCG. Hopefully the rest was kind to him.
Matterson. Best game in 2 years last week.
Cartwright. Welcome back champion.
Hopgood
Arthur. Lets see if he can handle it.
Oppy
Paulo. Run front on you pretender.
Lane. Middle, make the bugger earn his money.
Cant wait.

Greig isn't a first grader. Goes ok for 10 minutes, not good enough. Gets left lying in the ruck on most occasions

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Greig showed last year he was a first grader, if he’s a slug surely that’s not just on him. It’s on the coaching staff and Elkin and co??? The whole team looks unfit atm.
I’m disappointed in Greig. Thought he’d kick on.

Our young players aren’t getting better and our best players are getting older and shitter.

Whoever replaces BA hopefully makes some significant changes.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m disappointed in Greig. Thought he’d kick on.

Our young players aren’t getting better and our best players are getting older and shitter.

Whoever replaces BA hopefully makes some significant changes.
Our young players aren’t getting any better, bit of a worry for a so called development club.

Latest posts