What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List vs Bulldogs

oldmancraigy

Coach
not if the cowpats win

Seriously?

What are you smoking.

We are -140 and on 8 comp points.
The Dogs are -81 and on 10 comp points.

If we beat the Dogs, we advance to join them on 10 competition points.
For every point we beat the Dogs by, our +/- increases by a point, and theirs decreases by a point. So, for example, were we to beat them by 1, ours would be -139, and theirs -80.
If we win by 30, we would be -110, and they -111, thereby placing us in second to last spot.

What the Cowboys do is therefore irrelevant.

HOWEVER, should we claim said 30 point win, and the Cowboys lose by 23 or more, then we would also advance past them (do you need a tutorial on how to take 23 away from -88??)

Come on Twizz!!

Delboy

First Grade
What is disturbing is looking at the 2 lineups , you get the basis of our recruiting and overall problem

Despite having to offload players and their issues going into the next couple of years of a cap fiasco, their forwards still are better than what we pick. Yes we have the better backline and even bench, but the area where games are generally won are the forward packs. We simply don't measure up, I am a fan of BA, but if we didn't recognise the problem despite finishing last season better than expected, then its a major black mark against the coach and his recruiting staff.

The age old saying bites us big time, "forwards win matches- the backs decide by how much"

It seems to have been recognised looking at the initial signings,. but disappointing that we look to have come to a standstill, even though there is a review going on, action is a priority, hope I am wrong and we are like the proverbial duck , calm on the surface and paddling furiously below.

84 Baby

Referee
What is disturbing is looking at the 2 lineups , you get the basis of our recruiting and overall problem

Despite having to offload players and their issues going into the next couple of years of a cap fiasco, their forwards still are better than what we pick. Yes we have the better backline and even bench, but the area where games are generally won are the forward packs. We simply don't measure up, I am a fan of BA, but if we didn't recognise the problem despite finishing last season better than expected, then its a major black mark against the coach and his recruiting staff.

The age old saying bites us big time, "forwards win matches- the backs decide by how much"

It seems to have been recognised looking at the initial signings,. but disappointing that we look to have come to a standstill, even though there is a review going on, action is a priority, hope I am wrong and we are like the proverbial duck , calm on the surface and paddling furiously below.
So their forwards are better than ours? How has that worked out for them this year?

Delboy

First Grade
And yet if we beat them this time, we'll be equal on ladder. Or is that all the teams above them have better packs than them also?

Basically yes, both packs are below average, and ours is definitely below average. Fine if you are happy with that situation. Was just an observation and a problem in building our roster.

If the club wants to play a forward based game plan, then perhaps we should have recruited accordingly. I will still be there Thursday night as it's my team, perhaps just looking at reality.

Hoping that what seems like inertia at CEO and coach level isn't that, and action is actually taking place. Bernies professional demeanour is good and bad, as long as things improve its good, but keeping supporters in the dark if nothing is actually happening doesn't bode well

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
but if we didn't recognise the problem despite finishing last season better than expected, then its a major black mark against the coach and his recruiting staff.

Which forwards should have been bought? From rumours we were in heavy discussion with Vaughn, year before last, and we signed Evans. So we knew height was an issue for the forwards.

For mine the only forward that would've been a positive recruit for our pack was James Graham. There wasn't many good props off-contract last year.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
but keeping supporters in the dark if nothing is actually happening doesn't bode well

You want the coach and CEO to openly discuss who they're after, if they've finished external recruitment? I don't take notice of other team's press releases but I don't think any club does that.