What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team LWOS Unite!!!

imported_bronco

Juniors
Well the shit has hit the fan over there. I started it with my initial post. No need to defend me, its only keeping the us v them thing going and that doesn't do this forum or Newtowns chances any good. We should keep it civil and save bragging rights for when we win this thing.
Right now their sitting back laughing at us saying "we were right about them" because of what I've said and a few other comments here and there.

I seriously wonder if we should withdraw the Newtown team. Do we really want a forum war? Lets not give them the satisfaction. We have lwos and SUO and the new front row forum why do we need to prove anything to the Grandstand. This has gone beyond fun and isn't so lighthearted anymore.

ex-manager

Juniors
I want nothing to do with this competition. You lot can do as you please, but as far I am concerned this community would be better served if it had nothing to do with anything which is linked to WORL.

Where is the fun in it?

emthdown.gif

H

Hass

No, we can't pull out. That will only make the prediction that we can't last the distance true and create an even bigger rift between the two parties.

While I haven't checked out what has transpired over at WORL on the bronco-gate affair, the way we can win this forum war is by not treating it as a war. I mean, we went in this competition to have fun so we are going to have fun! Nobody can stop us from having fun if we want to.

On the 11 players front. Considering that some people have a different IP adress each time they log on, as long as we get the end bit right then it can't be detected. This meaning if we were to have 11 players we'd have to link two people who have changing IP's but with similar IP's (if you know what I mean).

Anyway, it's irrelevant because my suggestion was just being very cheeky
emwink.gif

Cheers.

H

Hass

O.K. I've just read through about three-quarters of the stuff at Grandstand and I now understand the situation a little better.

For anybody here who is not a LWOS regular and is checking out what we have to say well I want to clear a few things up. There is no bitterness or hatred in this camp. The old WORL forum had problems, and while I was grateful to the great time I had there, I stumbled in here and found it a more relaxed place to talk about Rugby League and the like.

Others here have not got on with Matt O, but there is no hatred or bitterness. I for one, have never had a problem with Matt and this can be seen by the fact I will still be providing articles for rleague.com next year. I love that site and is the first place I go for information on Rugby League.

However there is a rivalry between the two forums. While I put in a showing at grandstand I essentially post here, and decided that this 7's was a good idea and would help out my mates at LWOS. Of course we want to win, but the rivalry is not some big hissy fit. Having talked to these guys on this forum one-on-one I know they are bigger than some silly dispute, however it is a rivalry that I thought was reasonably friendly.

Come on Team LWOS, Unite, not in some forum war, but in the forum 7's where we can show people who aren't familiar with us our talent, and learn some new things off the quality of posters at Grandstand.

I'll try and quell down the angst over at Grandstand now.

Cheers.

I can't help but laugh at this whole thing. Really, why even care? I assume that most members of either forum have never met each other, and, if that is the case, why get so emotional about things? I've just read that I am "absolutely loathed" by a whole group of people who I know nothing about, and, to be frank, couldn't give a shit about (you've got to love the irony). It doesn't make much sense to me.

I suggest that we just post our messages, and, for those involved, run the website, and forget about all the politics. If people on the other site want make an issue of it, just ignore them. Let them upset themselves. We're better off just doing our own thing, because we've got a great little discussion group here.

Having said all that, I've got to admit thatit's been pretty good entertainment watching all these people getting riled up.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well I've had a great last two days. Just got back late tonight after walking all over the local hinterland.
Ok, we all know Matt is wanker and I feel the love from here but I'm changing the subject....
...a can of cyber beer to the first person who can put the following animals in the correct order according to size..smallest to largest:

Wallaby
Kangaroo
Pademelon
Kangaroo Rat
Potaroo

and for a bonus point... tell me how a Land Mullet gives birth to its young...

ex-manager

Juniors
"and for a bonus point... tell me how a Land Mullet gives birth to its young..."

Haven't a bloody clue, due to the fact that by the time I didMaths the Land Mullet had been extinct for several years in our neck of the woods. My guess would be 1066.
emangel.gif

Kangaroo
Wallaby
Pademelon ????
Potaroo
Kangaroo Rat

O

ozbash

bronco, stick with it my man. we have all suffered from "foot in mouth disease", but not a lot of us posses your kaha and admit it.you are needed by this forum.

no pulling out guys, this forum will be hot reading for some of those grand stand clowns ,, so its unity. united we stand blah blah.

apart from retread,meltiger and yakstorm (if he,s in it) we will piss in. i doubt there will be too many "why girds looks good in shorts 2 sizes too small" ,the combined IQ of the rest would get to half our average...

i predict the grandstand 7,s to fizz out after 3 rounds and it will become a more refined LWOS 7,s.

they just aint got what it takes......

Calm it down lads, i have not seen any evidence of a scrap on WORL as i haven't been on. But geez, this was designed as a fun comp for all league fans, i don't know why forum politics had to come into play :(

Oh well,
MFC.

imported_bronco

Juniors
It took till about 3am of fighting over there to realise why do I care. I mean its like a mirror image of the worl days and we have moved on from that. Matt will always be the same Matt that I will never get on with and same goes for Craig. I think hes wrapped around Matts little finger and he thinks I'm a tool, I'm happy with that.

ex-manager

Juniors
This forum politics is nothing more than the paranoid thought's of a certain individual who thinks that if you're not 100% for him then you must be 100% against him.

If I'm in this team then we are in trouble. I'm available if the OWLS are unable to muster enough players.

L

legend

I agree Gav. My suggestion would be to ignore this individual and his cronies until they go away. We are quite happy here in paradise.(y)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gav, you may very well say "Pademelon?"
I can't tell the arguments that little creature has caused.

I think you got it right which in my books makes you fully fledged Aussie. You got them around the wrong way (you had them largest to smallest) but we have to take into account that we are 'down under' and that makes you 'up over'.

The Land Mullet is a lizard. Grows to about 75 cm. It is sometimes confused with the Blue Toungue Lizard but it's quite different. We saw loads of them in our wanders. Also saw the biggest Goanna I've ever seen...these buggers look better suited to prehistoric times.

The Land Mullet is fairly unique because it gives birth to live young....it doesnt lay eggs. Most reptiles lay eggs.

Fascinating stuff eh? And we only have to drive a short distance to see it all.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Oh yeah...about the fight on Grandstand last night.... I got home just in time and I saw it but when I went to reply, it had been deleted. I read it though. It was one of the most disgraceful displays I'd ever seen from Matt and Mel and as far I'm concerned, its over. The way I see it, both these 'contributors' owe us all an apology.

Sorry guys, I thought the 7s idea would bring people together and heal some old wounds, thats why I got involved. But I was wrong...unfortunately, its only served to upset people. I was really only in it for the fun but that appears to have been thrown out the window.
I'm happy to help any forummer should they get stuck but as of now, I'm looking for more productive things to do.

Thanks to Saint Doc for inviting us over and to Paul Dunn for organising it.

H

Hass

I know last night got ugly, but are we honestly going to let them be right. That at the first hint of controversey we'd pull out. That we wouldn't have the staying power. Let's just sit on it for a while and calm down. I'll be damned if I'm going to be stopped from having fun.

Cheers.

ex-manager

Juniors
Willow, great guess in a downunder up over kind of way.

Talking of lizards.... what do you think about the stories of those sightings down the years of those giant monitors? I heard there were some not too far south of were Roopy lives.

And I thought all Land Mullets were Penrith supporters.

Latest posts