What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Cowboys.

Cold Roses

Juniors
http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2016/08/16/your_team_v_north_qu.af_news.html

VODAFONE WARRIORS v NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS

1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville

7.30pm, Saturday, August 20

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 DAVID FUSITU’A

2 KEN MAUMALO

3 BLAKE AYSHFORD

4 SOLOMONE KATA

5 MANU VATUVEI

6 THOMAS LEULUAI

7 SHAUN JOHNSON

8 JACOB LILLYMAN

9 JAZZ TEVAGA

10 ALBERT VETE

11 BODENE THOMPSON

12 RYAN HOFFMAN (c)

13 SIMON MANNERING

Interchange:

14 NATHANIEL ROACHE

15 SAM LISONE

16 BEN MATULINO

17 JAMES GAVET

20 BUNTY AFOA

Biggest point is no outside back on the bench.

And no Tui who's getting a start in the reserves halves.

HEAD COACH | ANDREW McFADDEN

Cold Roses

Juniors
“He needs to get some confidence back in his game as well as having the chance to play in his preferred spot in the halves.

It's taken him a while to work this out hasn't it?

vvvrulz

Coach
Maumalo got a life, we're in trouble if JT exposes him. One out of two holes fixed isn't bad I guess.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Maumalo got a life, we're in trouble if JT exposes him. One out of two holes fixed isn't bad I guess.

Hopefully Ayshford can nurse him through the next few games.

You're right about JT though. It'll take a miracle for him not to target Maumalo.

Meth

Staff member
It was either going to be Lolohea or Maumalo.

I am on board with Lolohea being dropped and put in the halves this time...what about Hingaro?

vvvrulz

Coach
Hopefully Ayshford can nurse him through the next few games.

You're right about JT though. It'll take a miracle for him not to target Maumalo.

Yeah Fus and Ayshford are going to be crucial in babysitting him.

Team is solid otherwise, now let's see if we fight for our season.

Won't need Lolo next year, we will have Foran remember! :)
Cappy loves his big outside backs!
Maumalos effort last week was pathetic when getting to the ball!
Hopefully we have watched the Cowboys game from last week and just to see the chase JT had on one of his kicks to get the ball back. That should be he effort expected.
But also so we know how to shut JT down as Rooster did a good job.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Maumalo is a robotic, non try scoring, no evasive skills, slow coach winger.

He can hit it up and do the odd (1 is odd) hit on d.

Thats pretty much his League C.V. :confused:

WithTheDawn

Juniors
I wish we just had two clones of Fusitua so we could put them as the entire back three. Would be pretty solid then.

Geez, such an important game, we really are essentially done for this year if we can't win this. So frustrating that we have put ourselves in this scenario when all we needed to do was win three very winnable home games. 9th again I reckon...

At least if the game is going poorly and our season is fading away we can switch to the All Blacks and watch a professional team win. Can't believe those are on at the same time again, could have been a nice double header (you know, in theory...).

JJ

Immortal
Predictable to a degree, but surprised Lolohea is gone, he'll be back in a week

Really hope Afoa gets a run, Maumalo will get a working over I imagine

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Best time to come up against Cowboys, they're looking tired. If we turn up to play, we're in with a chance. If Thurston has an off night I'd say we'd be close to certainties. We've had our shit game, dropped the one we were expected to win, now lets storm home with a big win against the Cows in their territory!

Warriors by 10

Meth

Staff member
I would have rather has Lolohea on the wing than Maumalo, but it is what it is.

This year has really been a breakthrough year for Fusitua, but he still has some worrying defensive issues that are less obvious when he's at fullback and probably most obvious when he's at centre.

Blair

Coach
...At least if the game is going poorly and our season is fading away we can switch to the All Blacks and watch a professional team win. Can't believe those are on at the same time again, could have been a nice double header (you know, in theory...).

I've been forced to go to the rugby and, whilst at the game, I don't want to hear from nothing or nobody about the Warriors until I get home about 1am and log on to the game day thread.

I want youse all buzzing! I could probably find out if we've won by opening the 3-2-1 thread and checking the first few posts. If Johnson, Fusitua and Thompson get the points then it's likely we've won. If Matulino gets three then we've almost definitely won.

Meth

Staff member
I've been forced to go to the rugby and, whilst at the game, I don't want to hear from nothing or nobody about the Warriors until I get home about 1am and log on to the game day thread.

I want youse all buzzing! I could probably find out if we've won by opening the 3-2-1 thread and checking the first few posts. If Johnson, Fusitua and Thompson get the points then it's likely we've won. If Matulino gets three then we've almost definitely won.

But if it's

3- Mannering
2- Luck
1- Friend

Blair

Coach
But if it's

3- Mannering
2- Luck
1- Friend

We'd have lost 38-6. Mannering and Luck played their hearts out stopping sixty, Friend was also busy (an eighty minute hooker) and scored our only try.

Give me the other scenario any day. 26-10 win, tries to Johnson, Fusitua, Thompson and Matulino. Johnson five from five.

Latest posts