What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Knights

Meth

Staff member
If so, who comes in? Leon Pryce's son? Maybe Tuala shifts to centre?

Blair

Coach
anyway, Johnson is fit to kick again.
This is a curly one, for a boring Good Friday. Is Johnson a better player when he also has goalkicking responsibilities?

Or is it mute because when he's not kicking he's usually a little injured?

(I think I've answered my own question, but will still post it).

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Is there an argument for CHT? Like, Lussick makes sense with Egan less likely to play bigger minutes first week back in, but if we're really only looking for a short stint at hooker with the potential to offer a bit more utility and impact, is CHT a better option?
I think there probably is, although Lussick is a better hooker and that's the core role you want. CHT probably gives you more flexibility which isn't probably an issue unless there's injuries or requirement to change the backs

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think there probably is, although Lussick is a better hooker and that's the core role you want. CHT probably gives you more flexibility which isn't probably an issue unless there's injuries or requirement to change the backs
I’d use Lussick until we’re confident Egan will get through a game.

Blair

Coach
This game's a rare treat for us in NSW, it's live on Nine! It's not a huge deal for most but for me it is, as I don't bother with non-free TV and streaming.

It was heavily promoted last night, with the Roger v Ponga line. See, Roger's been back five minutes, moved to the number one slot, and he's hyped up to the max. If he stayed at centre he'd be allowed a little more time to settle in.

Leber

Bench
Dylan walker is out. Still not ready. Jazz comes in for him.

Dylan Lucas replaces gagai

Scott

Bench
Just watching our NSW Cup team. Our centres are absolute weapons. We know Ali Leiataua is the goods, but Moala Graham-Taufa looks the goods as well. Powerful ball runner who can beat a man on the outside with speed. Looks like prospect at left centre. We have some pretty good depth at the club.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Totally agree with Andrew Johns about RTS - if the Warriors are to be a threat this year, RTS HAS to be the fullback

Meth

Staff member
Turns out putting CHT on the bench was a masterstroke.
Would be pretty happy if he spends the rest of the year at 14 doing a Lance Hohaia role

Well, yeah, one of those games were circumstances made it look like forethought and genius. I guess Egan may have moved to 6 if we had Lussick on the bench?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well, yeah, one of those games were circumstances made it look like forethought and genius. I guess Egan may have moved to 6 if we had Lussick on the bench?
I think we should definitely learn from this. CHT on the bench provides us with capable backup across multiple positions.

Meth

Staff member
Well, I guess the true test would have been if Egan went down early (which, let's be honest, is more likely). Would we have enough capability at hooker without Lussick to function well.

Harris Tavita is a natural half.