What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Rabbitohs

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Ugg. Would have liked to see Beale retain his spot.

But none of that matters much if the forwards dont front up bigtime. We need to at least stay even in battle of the middle.

Beale is stiff, he was bloody great after a long injury layoff. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in a starting centre spot by the middle of the season, injuries or no injuries to Kata and Hiku.

Big test for our forwards.

TheDMC

Bench
I’d love to see roger at 6... Hiku did fine at fullback but he will be mud in the halves. I reckon rts would kill it as the running half.

Thoughts?

Benek

Juniors
He's such a damn fine fullback though. I dont buy into the idea of rearranging the entire spine and playing people out of position just because our 7 is injured.

JJ

Immortal
I’d love to see roger at 6... Hiku did fine at fullback but he will be mud in the halves. I reckon rts would kill it as the running half.

Thoughts?
Be interesting, I've always wondered how Johnson would go at the back, but neither will happen

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
He's such a damn fine fullback though. I dont buy into the idea of rearranging the entire spine and playing people out of position just because our 7 is injured.

Its a bit like the debate about Fus covering centre. Both he and Roger are near the best in the game in their main positions so we potentially lost too much moving them. One bonus of Hiku being closer to the ruck is he won't get isolated on defence as much, and Beale is a much better 1 on 1 defender.

Big Marn

Juniors
Henry Perenara is a Video Ref for our game. Is that like a demotion after the Storm-Manly fiasco?

edit. just saw hes reffing the tigers - dogs game. Hes a busy chap this weekend.

TheDMC

Bench
Its a bit like the debate about Fus covering centre. Both he and Roger are near the best in the game in their main positions so we potentially lost too much moving them. One bonus of Hiku being closer to the ruck is he won't get isolated on defence as much, and Beale is a much better 1 on 1 defender.

Yeah the defense is a good point. Still I would like to see it!

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade

Thoughts?
Roger at 6 should go well. My only question is - can he spark that left side of Mannering, Kata and Maumalo?

Apart from one dumb as f**k play, Hiku went ok at the back. Hiku played 6 for the Kiwis but it doesnt mean he was a good 6. That was just another example of the lack of depth the Kiwis have in that they made someone who never played stand-off in the NRL, a stand-off in the test jersey.

hitro

Juniors
If Wayne Bennet gets squeezed out at Brisbane maybe he would like to put the band back together with Kearney at the Warriors??

vvvrulz

Coach
Disappointed to see initially Beale second choice behind both Hiku and Kata.

I don't mind Hiku being a stop gap at six now that we've lost Lino, RTS could certainly handle six but we'd lose so much from it. I'm generally happy with our depth, it's our up and down defence that will define this season.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If Wayne Bennet gets squeezed out at Brisbane maybe he would like to put the band back together with Kearney at the Warriors??

No thanks. Wayne is a shit person. I don't want him near our club. He uses every club he goes to for his own devices, does things solely that suit Wayne, then has the temerity to suggest the NRL has an anti-Broncos agenda when they've served the draw up on a platter to them for years.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Disappointed to see initially Beale second choice behind both Hiku and Kata.

I don't mind Hiku being a stop gap at six now that we've lost Lino, RTS could certainly handle six but we'd lose so much from it. I'm generally happy with our depth, it's our up and down defence that will define this season.

Yeah, no thanks to RTS to 6. His last line defence has been fantastic this year, I'm sure he's a good organiser, his metres are vital at the back, he's sound in the air, just so many reasons I wouldn't like to move our best player into another position - even though he's probably better than the next best option.

I'd put Hiku there, he's done it before. Beale back in the centres would be deserved too.

jaseg

Juniors
Yeah, no thanks to RTS to 6. His last line defence has been fantastic this year, I'm sure he's a good organiser, his metres are vital at the back, he's sound in the air, just so many reasons I wouldn't like to move our best player into another position - even though he's probably better than the next best option.

I'd put Hiku there, he's done it before. Beale back in the centres would be deserved too.

Agree with the first bit, but not the last. I've seen Hiku at 6, he was atrocious. Would prefer to see Tohu, Cook, Lawton or even CHT (who probably isn't even eligible) or Perham (also probably not eligible, too young and maybe currently injured?) over Hiku in the halves.

While Hiku was generally good at fullback last week (that dopey play aside), the drop off from RTS was significant. He's been our best player all year, and you should probably find a way to play your best player in his best position - particularly when that position is a high-value one to the team.

Meth

Staff member
1- RTS
2- Fusitu'a
3- Hiku
4- Kata
5- Maumalo
6- Green
7- Lawton

minimal disruption

vvvrulz

Coach
These injuries are such a shame, the one year we're playing like we mean it we have to field our third best halfback

Rich102

Staff member
But who is our third best halfback?
Must say I think Lawton may be a good option.