What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Roosters

Leber

Bench
Surely tevaga goes on to the bench. lawton is good but he isn't an 80 minute player.

Isaac is a big loss given Shaun is already out. Not confident, sooner or later the Roosters will stop laying goose eggs.
Lose anyone else during the play of importance, Green, Harris or RTS and it's a recipe for a 50 point game (not in our favour)

Blair

Coach
Three PM kick-off (here in AEST) is a bit of a flat feeling. It's too early to get on the beer, if I did I'd be on the nod by six PM and that'd be my Saturday night gone!

Still, it's game-day, great season thus far. It doesn't get much better.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
I've just had a thought leading up to this game (what, with reminiscing all week about that extraordinary night versus the Chooks in '08).

With all this talk of probably making the finals this year, does anyone remember the feeling when we lose one?

Reactions: JJ

Meth

Staff member
Lolohea and Godinet playing reserve grade for the Magpies, along with Chris McQueen. Decent looking Magpie team. Must be humbling for Lolohea to be in the curtain raiser to the Warriors game.

JJ

Immortal
Lolohea and Godinet playing reserve grade for the Magpies, along with Chris McQueen. Decent looking Magpie team. Must be humbling for Lolohea to be in the curtain raiser to the Warriors game.
LOL, yeah, he really needs to do more work - he's surely got enough talent

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
You guys still got Napa and it'll be interesting to see if our hard runners like Bunty will still be running it straight when he's on.
Call me the nostradamus of the NRL. I knew Napa would smash guys and I dont remember Bunty running it hard and straight to Napa and its probably good that he didnt but some might see it as chickening out after consistently doing it weeks prior.

JoeD

First Grade
Based on what?
Now that he’s basically come out and said it in the media - I happened to be talking to him before Christmas and I asked him how he thought this season would go and he said he didn’t know but hopefully it would be good because it was probably his last. I asked if he would consider a super league retirement contract but he dismissed that pretty much outright.

JJ

Immortal
Call me the nostradamus of the NRL. I knew Napa would smash guys and I dont remember Bunty running it hard and straight to Napa and its probably good that he didnt but some might see it as chickening out after consistently doing it weeks prior.
Pretty sure I saw Blair running in the opposite direction

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Pretty sure I saw Blair running in the opposite direction
Oh him especially. Pfft...Running into the tender arms of the halves...

To be fair to Blair, at least he's consistent with his powerless hit ups. He never runs with the intent to bust.

Its these...'run hard all season guys and then chicken out when they see Napas angry' types that really annoy me. Our forward momentum dissapears and then we go from hero to zero, literally. Makes me wonder why we give these guys 321 points when they didnt even actually score any game points. 80 mins and zer0.

f**kin useless.

Blair

Coach
Oh him especially. Pfft...Running into the tender arms of the halves...

To be fair to Blair, at least he's consistent with his powerless hit ups. He never runs with the intent to bust.

Its these...'run hard all season guys and then chicken out when they see Napas angry' types that really annoy me. Our forward momentum dissapears and then we go from hero to zero, literally. Makes me wonder why we give these guys 321 points when they didnt even actually score any game points. 80 mins and zer0.

f**kin useless.

I get you, Zero, but yes to be fair on Blair that's not his go. He doesn't go head-on into a 'hitman' like Napa. I prefer him doing his solid defensive work around the ruck, his off-loading in attack, along with some annoying grub-stuff to get a psychological edge over opponents.

I don't see him as a Rubin Wiki-type player, one who can stop bigger, angrier guys in a collision.

Last edited:

Latest posts