What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Storm

Meth

Staff member
This game is on Wednesday- so, I'm assuming Harris won't recover.

Injuries mounting up

1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Hiku
4- Gelling
5- Maumalo
6- Green
7- Johnson/Lino
8- Afoa
9- Luke
10- Paasi
11- Mannering
12- Papali'i
13- Blair

Res- Tevaga, Sao, Lisone, Gavet/Vete

MKEB...

Staff member
Kata needs to learn that defences are awake to the fact that when he is at dummy half...he will try and bulldoze the line. The opposition worked this out last year, and I am sure they will work it out this year as well. But his defence has got back to near 2016 level. But what we have learnt is that Gelling has a different running game and a not too bad defensive game.

You choose...

Beale and Ayshford... wow. Beale hasnt played a game. And Ayhford has done f' all wrong really.

sup42

Juniors
Harris should be out for months.

He was knocked unconscious and it was his second head injury in one match ( knee to the head by Sims).

Poster on the other forum has Harris out for the Tigers game also...and hes requiring daily assessment ( nasty bang then).

sup42

Juniors
Gavets not ready till the Tigers game.

I would like to see Sao in for Lisone.

Sick of seeing Lisone scored on with the big holes he leaves in the line.

Tevanga missed too many tackles.

1. Rts
2. Fus
3. Beale if fit, there has to be repercussions for Hikus poor tackles
4. Gelling
5. Ken
6. Green
7. Sj/Lino
8. Bunty
9. Luke
10. Paasi
11. Blair
12. Papalii
13. Mannering

14. Lawton
15. Sao
16. Vete
17. Satae

Simple philosophy of selection, you miss tackles you're out
Depth at the club is good enough to establish this Storm rule, no tackle no play.

Leber

Bench
Same team, Papali starting for Harris, Sao on the bench for Papali and Johnson in for Mason.

Only thing Kearney can/should do really.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’m not convinced by Tevaga but we probably need him as injury cover for Luke and we still get more value out of him than someone who is just there purely as a reserve (like Gelling was in his first two appearances)

Penrose_11

Juniors
“I would like to see Sao in for Lisone.”
“Sick of seeing Lisone scored on with the big holes he leaves in the line”.

Unsure why Sao has gone down in the pecking order?? He was the starting lock forward for 1st 2 games, then benched, then gone. He came on late V Raiders and provided some massive D that seemed to change momentum in our favour and then had a couple offloads leading to our late try before SJs 2 drop goals. There was a head knock in one game that might’ve caused problems but he’s been playing Reserve Grade so should be fit enough for 1st’s.

Long story short - I’d have Sao in my 17, especially with Harris now probably missing for a week or 2.

vvvrulz

Coach
Yeah Lisone is starting to burn my patience; he's enjoyed a very luxurious run at first grade since we had no one better, but with lots of able contenders it's time for an ultimatum.

sup42

Juniors
Kearney being who he is:

when a player who has been playing well suddenly no longer gets selected, it historically is because of off field stuff.

The punishment usually lasts months ( going off his history) or indefinite.

Kearney is strict. He has that my way or the highway from his Paramatta and World cup mistakes ( too trusting of his players).

Kearney also practices the Bennett thing around good footballers being good people.

I'm not going to suggest any rumors around Sao because there are none.

But when Kearney took over you could tell two things....one was that a lot of heads would roll....two was that he would employ loyalists only.

Fortunately for us he had links with Blake Greem through the network, so Green met the criteria....otherwise those standards could be self limiting in the short term.

It's interesting that Kearney used Loyalty to keep RTS, convince Harris to come, and to get Blair to earn his money here.

It's ironic that the Warriors old bro culture ended up alienating a lot of the younger players ( per Jazz Tevanga). Most were too scared to be part of the top side.

Now the young guys, and the senior players have very clear and simple roles, the squad has found equilibrium and harmony themselves. Player lead culture ( hardly original ) has turned a lot of very average performers into a formidable group.

I look with interest to see who's been a good boy when the team is picked today.

Latest posts