What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Storm

Tiger05

First Grade
There's no excuse for that moses miss, no excuse. That HAS to be kicked. 15m out, right next to the posts with hardly any pressure. A guy who wants to play in the halves at NRL level must kick that.

It's unforgivable.

I agree, To add to that he made a bunch of of poor passes. I think Moses is great but I'm not sure he is a first grade player at the moment,

gordsy

Juniors
Give up a try five minutes each side of half time check
More then 6 stupid midfield bombs with no chase check
Brooks hogging the ball and running without any idea or purpose check
Moronic choices when players get injured , like Lovett to centre instead of Lawrence check
Leagues slowest line speed so opposition teams can make 50 yards every set of 6 check

I know Taylor is garbage but it's not like this other stuff is new.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The biggest positive to come from today's game is that Chris Lawrencd has become our best back rower since Ellis.

Tiger05

First Grade
Give up a try five minutes each side of half time check
More then 6 stupid midfield bombs with no chase check
Brooks hogging the ball and running without any idea or purpose check
Moronic choices when players get injured , like Lovett to centre instead of Lawrence check
Leagues slowest line speed so opposition teams can make 50 yards every set of 6 check

I know Taylor is garbage but it's not like this other stuff is new.

I saw Lovett running it today and I thought he just doesn't have the ability to play at speed. Brooks to me was great today.

The line speed though makes a difference.

Tigerted

Juniors
Can't fault the effort this yr.

Rowdy was exceptional again.

The f**king refereeing hurt us although I'd like us to be able to overcome unfavourable decisions & still win the game.

If we had a genuinely high quality & experienced playmaker who was worth anywhere near 600k we'd be sitting on 10 premiership pts.

Damn gets difficult next week down in the capital after they got smashed again today.

I thought Rankin had another strong game today. Although we copped two down his wing, one was a bomb which was hardly his fault (Milone ran the worst block of all time there) and the other was while Teddy was down and they used the extra man. May be worth keeping him in the side.

I thought JAC had an okay debut, although he clearly has a few errors in his game which he can sort out with some game time. JJ seemed very slow, and probably needs to go back to reggies and work on his fitness. The pace seemed a little beyond at this stage.

Edwards in attack he is on par with Buchanan. He came up with some strong defence which we lack, including one time on halftime he went for the shot and left a yawning gap that probably should have cost us a try. THat may have been a year out of firsts, but the guy definitely has some value to us defensively. Even his attack can improve.

wittyfan

Referee
There's no excuse for that moses miss, no excuse. That HAS to be kicked. 15m out, right next to the posts with hardly any pressure. A guy who wants to play in the halves at NRL level must kick that.

It's unforgivable.

Can happen to the greatest of players tbh.

Tigerted, must be so he can play NSW Cup because Moses Mybe and Reynolds are laps better than him.

And there were some silly mistakes but overall that for me, was a good effort by the'team'.

Last edited:

Tigerted

Juniors
Old time tiger I totally agree as its not a logical fit although Hasler may be eager to play Reynolds of bench as he can cover hooker but it would be regressive as the current dogs 6 & 7 are light yrs ahead of brooks.

The other aspect which I find dubious is how could u justify paying him anything near what he's earning from the extremely generous WT.

phenisha

Juniors
maybe it's just me watching the game at the pub but i though there were a few calls against the tigers.

first half. tigers make half break. ref stops play to help player concussed or down. second half same thing happens to Teddy but ref allows play on (whilst on the attack) whist teddy down they score down the other end, player is then on report (for the strike on Teddy) whilst we are disadvantaged.

Obvious professional foul to stop Lawrence scoring. 10 in the bin. second half moses intentionally tripped . Only a penalty.

At what point is it considered cheating? I guess there is great risk reward reward if you play close to the edge in terms of rules. you win the game and get off at the judiciary.

PS i may be biased (and drunk) :)

BuffaloRules

Coach
Tough loss boys...

Was at the game...

Not sure how noticeable it was on TV but they had a strong wind behind them in the second half and you would have thought with an 8 point lead they should have been sweet...

Got some dud calls against them ( par for the course) but they had their chances...

One day they will get the rub of the green...

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Btw I keep hearing from good sources that brooks is going to the dogs.

Maybe Canterbury are pressing hard the point of being able to play behind a dominant pack, wonder what you could do................... WT sure cant beat that advantage to his potential growth in the game. WT are a long way behind clubs with good packs, with no quick or even forseeable remedy in sight - and Brooks and Moses know it.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Brooks has issues with his passing and kicking game...

IMO these go beyond playing behind a dominant pack...

If the Tigers get outbid for his services than so be it...

Do everything to keep Teddy and Moses though..

Tigerted

Juniors
Phenisha u r not biased or drunk because u state absolute fact.We were on the receiving end of a no. of diabolical decisions.When u consider we were w/out 4 of our best players & teddy was down when they scored & we lost him to head bin it was a commendable effort.If only Moses could've kicked that field goal from in front of sticks.It reminds me of that failed attempt by his uncle in '89 GF although not of as great consequence.Moses did play very well & his commitment in defence for a little guy is admirable.We need him to work diligently on his kicking game coz I'm confident he can be a genuine star.

Vic Mackey

Referee
maybe it's just me watching the game at the pub but i though there were a few calls against the tigers.

first half. tigers make half break. ref stops play to help player concussed or down. second half same thing happens to Teddy but ref allows play on (whilst on the attack) whist teddy down they score down the other end, player is then on report (for the strike on Teddy) whilst we are disadvantaged.

Obvious professional foul to stop Lawrence scoring. 10 in the bin. second half moses intentionally tripped . Only a penalty.

At what point is it considered cheating? I guess there is great risk reward reward if you play close to the edge in terms of rules. you win the game and get off at the judiciary.

PS i may be biased (and drunk) :)

You are right, we copped some howlers. I was seething when they pulled up play for Glasby, he was 20m behind the play FFS. Then they don't do it for Teddy and the Storm score. Then they replay it and decide it should have been a penalty but can't do anything about it!

Lawrence should have been a penalty try, no doubt.

The koro try pass was a mile forward. The Lawrence no try (which was correctly called forward) wasn't even half as forward as the koro one.

But hey we're expected to lose so the media won't care. The shit teams always cop the crap calls, unfortunately we have to deal with it.

macnaz

Staff member
While its a feel good story to have 2 guys playing together since juniors it probably isnt doing much for their development. 2 rookies together is like the blind leading the blind . Im not sure who id rather keep , but 1.2 to 1.6 million for both isnt wise imho . I really think we need a stable 7 and a play making 6 .

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Just want to make a comment on goal kicking.

Yesterday Kev Naiquama scored about 5 to 6 feet in from the corner yet Rankin took it about 1 or 2 feet in from touch and missed the goal by about a foot. Maybe I cheated when I lined up kicks but gee, I'd be pushing the refs a bit more.

I'm told every inch counts.

Latest posts