What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tevita Pangai Junior quits NRL to take up boxing

Walpole

Juniors
TPJ might be able to beat up a few truck drivers and fat bouncers but as soon as he gets in with someone who has some skill and heart he'll be back in the NRL.

Vic Mackey

Referee
As others have said theres no way in hell anyone walks away from $750k for nothing. Definetly a golden handshake form Gus, 2 fights against bums in the off season then signing with a different club in February.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s no secret Storm are looking to bolster the pack. Can see him there on a reduced contract next year.

ps It’s good to see players are really worried about concussions and risk of CTE and are dropping RL for lower risk sports like boxing lol

*wants out of the bulldogs, citing he wants to box as an excuse.

Why is it always boxing? can't they just make up some shit like weightlifting, ballet or cycling?

Go the Joey Champness (a-league route) and go to LA to record a rap album.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
For me this smacks of Gould covering his own backside.
I had a chat to TPJ once about his junior playing days , mainly union as he played against my kids a few times.
Nce fellow and I do hope he is not being manipulated by others for their own benefit

Danish

Referee

Poor doggies players.

Tele also now reporting a player walked out of training as has said he’s not coming back because he was “forced to” wrestle 12 team mates after being late to training.

Some of these players are in for a rude f**king awakening in 18 months when they can’t find a club and need to start labouring for a living

Dogs Of War

Coach
It’s all falling apart there isn’t it ….ha ha what a club

How is it falling apart? CC is setting standards, standards the players haven't heard of since Des was there. If some players don't want to buy in, well see you later. He has had time now to see what was happening at the club, who was going to step up. And those whispers coming out of the club suggest that there is a small group of players who were just happy to get their paydays.

If we keep accepting those standards then we are going to be a joke. CC has drawn that line in the sand now and put the squad on notice for what I expect to be a brutal offseason which after how the last half of the season played out effort wise, was to be expected. I don't think he is asking the squad to do anything more than what was happening at the Panthers training.

King-Gutho94

Coach
How is it falling apart? CC is setting standards, standards the players haven't heard of since Des was there. If some players don't want to buy in, well see you later. He has had time now to see what was happening at the club, who was going to step up. And those whispers coming out of the club suggest that there is a small group of players who were just happy to get their paydays.

If we keep accepting those standards then we are going to be a joke. CC has drawn that line in the sand now and put the squad on notice for what I expect to be a brutal offseason which after how the last half of the season played out effort wise, was to be expected. I don't think he is asking the squad to do anything more than what was happening at the Panthers training.
Problem is once the rot has set in its takes twice as long to get rid of the rotten apples. And will Ciraldo be given enough time to turn it around.

Look at the tigers Madge tried to train them like Souths and flog them to the ground and got agitation from the players.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Problem is once the rot has set in its takes twice as long to get rid of the rotten apples. And will Ciraldo be given enough time to turn it around.

Look at the tigers Madge tried to train them like Souths and flog them to the ground and got agitation from the players.

How has that worked out for the Tigers? Gus seems to be recruiting only from clubs who have been successful recently, and really those that don't want to get on board are being shipped elsewhere. I think the playing squad knows what is coming and those who don't want to do that are agitating to get out before it's all too late.

You look at the Broncos when they got the wooden spoon. It didn't take that much to get rid of the dead wood and set new standards. Better squad to start with, but had a similar issue with guys who weren't putting in as hard as they should have been. Get rid of those guys and everything starts getting better.

Last edited:

Nealo 12

Bench

Its more than that one thing , look back at recent performances , recruitment and paying overs , juniors ignored for blow'ins. For the players your mob keep buying the effort is terrible . Players are more interested in their lifestyle and side hustle business interests than putting in the footy work.

Wb1234

Referee
Webster and ciraldo were both Penrith assistants

baz was a panthers assistant too

fox Burton kikau

will Chriton make a difference ?