What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tevita Pangai Junior quits NRL to take up boxing

Fangs

Coach
I'm not too concerned about the Dogs.

They've had some decent results in the lower grades. Recruiting players from winning clubs for the most part. The standards will continue to lift.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Its more than that one thing , look back at recent performances , recruitment and paying overs , juniors ignored for blow'ins. For the players your mob keep buying the effort is terrible . Players are more interested in their lifestyle and side hustle business interests than putting in the footy work.

haha. What Bulldogs players are the only ones with side hussles? Just like to put the boot into Addo Carr cause I think he is the only real one with one.

As for the rest. Des dismantled most of our junior pathways. Gus is rebuilding them, formed relationships as far as NZ and with the Toowoomba Clydesdales to become a feeder club. They will produce players and it takes time.

Best part will be the senior players all being fit this offseason and with no real rep games, all the guys will be able to work together this offseason to bring up the standard. All clubs at times go through periods like this and it's a good chance to review if what you are doing is right. I'm happy with where the club is headed. Maybe you want to stop watching NRL360 so much and believing everything that comes out of Buzz's mouth.

Chimp

Bench
I’m sure Ciraldo is doing the right thing, but questions still have to be asked - their 2023 squad is much better than 2022, but has performed worse.
2022 included lots of upheaval with a coaching change, yet still performed better.
The fact they’ve gone backwards (quite dramatically) instead of forward should not be overlooked.

Wb1234

Referee
Mason on social media is defending the coach as he would as he’s on the coaching team

Ciraldo was also quoted some days panthers players were at training till 530

do other clubs have the same training hours ? I suspect not

if anyone has a time line of a usual training day that would be good

Danish

Referee
Mason on social media is defending the coach as he would as he’s on the coaching team

Ciraldo was also quoted some days panthers players were at training till 530

do other clubs have the same training hours ? I suspect not

if anyone has a time line of a usual training day that would be good

dennan Kemp has gone over a typical training day before on his show. It was preseason schedule though so longer than normal. That was basic tradie hours if I recall, around 7:30-3pm.

I would be surprised if players weren’t in the facility for at least 5 hours a day if not closer to 7. Obviously they aren’t gonna be in physical training that whole time but when you add in recovery, physio, nutrition, video sessions, and skills training there is plenty to kee them busy for a full work week

dogslife

Coach
dennan Kemp has gone over a typical training day before on his show. It was preseason schedule though so longer than normal. That was basic tradie hours if I recall, around 7:30-3pm.

I would be surprised if players weren’t in the facility for at least 5 hours a day if not closer to 7. Obviously they aren’t gonna be in physical training that whole time but when you add in recovery, physio, nutrition, video sessions, and skills training there is plenty to kee them busy for a full work week
I might be in the minority, but I reckon if you're getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play a game for a living, I don't particularly care if you have to do an 8 hour day. 5 of which is probably spent watching video

MugaB

Coach
I might be in the minority, but I reckon if you're getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play a game for a living, I don't particularly care if you have to do an 8 hour day. 5 of which is probably spent watching video
f**k me drunk, if i was getting paid to go to the gym and work out, watch videos, and play rugby league all day, I'd be there an hour early, and stay for 10 hours, gotta think Josh Reynolds would be loving it if he was able to stay on, these kids these days are completely spoon fed and wouldn't know hard word unless it bit them in the arse...
Go lay a few bricks on a worksite, then you can whinge about coming in late

some11

Referee

If there's good comradery in the squad those sessions fly by, obviously what's happening at the dogs is typical from a club that is trying to build from the ground up.

Slammin

Juniors
I think I'll side with the players on this one.

If your training team involves WIllie and O'Meley good chance it's going to be some toxic, pointless and idiotic training sessions.

Danish

Referee
I think I'll side with the players on this one.

If your training team involves WIllie and O'Meley good chance it's going to be some toxic, pointless and idiotic training sessions.

so that ends our video session analysis of scar face.

Now all your forwards grab your tiger balm and head off with Ogre. Leadership team, your with willie for his media training seminar