What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"That's not a forward pass you clown!"

Raiderdave

First Grade
Anyone arguing it is backward please get eyes checked. As johns said, terrible technique by Austin. need to torpedo those ones. No problems with the call. You can't rely on the ref watching your hands for those

Lol
Only an ignorant mong would not know that pass is ok.

And
Then there's you !!
: )

some11

Referee
"This is how disgraceful this stupid bunker's become. I mean that is an obvious decision where they can overrule it, even though they can't overrule on forward passes."

:)

myrrh ken

First Grade
the hand positioning is neutral at best. Austin shouldn'tve left it in the hands of the officials. Had time to spin it. Poor

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Austin was just trying to shovel the ball out wide. He isnt the most technical half in the comp.

As has been said its irrelevant but its a weird lucky dip for forward passes. Blatantly forward short balls are let go all the time but a textbook example of the ball travelling foward with momentum gets ruled forward.

rupertpupkin

Juniors
2djc45.jpg

Thanks for that. Much obliged.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Yeah I agree about the inconsistency of the calls. The pass to the Chad try in the Sharks game could've easily been called back. But that's one of the last domains re reffing

Raiderdave

First Grade
Thank you for realising I'm not an ignorant Mong. Pass was okay but I understand why the call was made. Enjoy 2017 chump

hahahhaha

kindly remove yourself from this debate as you clearly have NFI about it

oh and I will Enjoy 2017 chump
We'll have another outstanding year
& will get to play a prelim final in Canberra if we qualify to host it

yaaaaaayyyyy ; )

The_Shield

Juniors
The whole backwards out of the hands is the stupidest rule in the game imo. If a ball goes forward it's a forward pass. Just because they try to throw it backwards doesn't make it not forward

The_Shield

Juniors
Oh and also, I don't know if anybody has mentioned it or not but the Thurston pass that everybody was calling an NFL pass against the sharks, didn't even go forward

Raiderdave

First Grade
The whole backwards out of the hands is the stupidest rule in the game imo. If a ball goes forward it's a forward pass. Just because they try to throw it backwards doesn't make it not forward
hahahahahha

seriously ?
so if theres a strong breeze behind a side with the ball
they throw a pass 1 metre backward & the breeze blows it 2 metres forward

its their fault theres a breeze ? LOL

what is it with you complete idiots who know nothing about the game

Pete Cash

Post Whore

Dont they teach physics in queensland. The ball goes forward almost every pass lol

The_Shield

Juniors
Like I said, just because they try to pass it back doesn't make it not a forward pass.

Do you give try's for trying to ground the ball but losing it? Is it a tackle if you try to tackle someone but miss?

It's no different to trying to throw the ball back but having it go forward

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Just watch the above video it only goes for a few minutes.

Any pass where the players are moving at speed will end up with the ball in front of where it started. Therefore it has moved forward

Its just momentum

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No way! The Kiwi commentators on Sky/Fox are already blatantly one eyed and biased enough as it is! The ones on Nine would be even worse!
Kiwi commentators? The audio is from David Morrow on Macquarie Radio (2GB)

Latest posts