What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2022 World Cup may not take place in Qatar

thorson1987

Coach
No worries. I'm just surprised so few soccer fans here had heard about this... Saw it on ABC news, online publications, comedy channel and read about it on other forums when it came out.

I agree with your central point though - this Qatar event is in need of a serious boycott.

What makes you think no one in here heard of it?

I watched it awhile ago and thought it was pretty funny, like I do the majority of John Olivers skits.

RoosTah

Juniors
How is that 'clear?'

Just because I'm not carrying on like a 19 year old political science student, doesn't mean I don't 'know about Qatar'

Hahaha no offence dude, but with 29K plus posts to your name and most of them in the politics section of this Rugby League forum I find that comment just hilariously funny.

Seriously, you carry on more like a 1st yr uni student than anyone here.

strong_latte

Juniors
How is that 'clear?'

Just because I'm not carrying on like a 19 year old political science student, doesn't mean I don't 'know about Qatar'

Do you often demand sources for things you're already aware of? Oh, and as you're the forum's resident LNP/Abbott fanboi, I'll ignore the politics student comment.

Jimbo

Immortal
I am not aware of 4,000 workers being murdered, as you originally claimed

That's why I asked you to source it

I'm not at all surprised that you're unable to do so though

strong_latte

Juniors
I'm just gonna go ahead and assume your education lacked a tertiary component, but if you go have a look at the grammar rules on past versus present and future tense, you'll notice that in my original post I neve used the 'past' tense, which indicates the process is not a complete one.

Here, see for yourself:

A little late to post this news, but didn't Septic Tank Blatter affirm his full support for the wholesale murder of 4000 immigrant slave workers in Qatar, thus ensuring that the 'beautiful game' would certainly have its show piece played in what is fast becoming the world's first ever stadium system to double as a mass grave?.

What's more, in the follow up post I specifically state that Qatar is "on track" to reach that number.

Again, I understand the english language can be tricky, but do try to pay attention. It might help if you turn off that silly EPL nonsense you're pretending to have some sort of connection to beyond its pretty t-shirts.

Jimbo

Immortal
I'm not sure where you obtained your education, but I learned about grammar before reaching the tertiary level

May I suggest that you find a more worthwhile pursuit than scouring the internet looking for things to be outraged about

strong_latte

Juniors
I'm not sure where you obtained your education, but I learned about grammar before reaching the tertiary level

May I suggest that you find a more worthwhile pursuit than scouring the internet looking for things to be outraged about

Yeah, I wouldn't want to end up like some loser with 29 thousands posts to his name plugging the LNP on a footy forum...

Jimbo

Immortal
Yeah, I wouldn't want to end up like some loser with 29 thousands posts to his name plugging the LNP on a footy forum...

It would be better than being a loser with a couple of thousand extracts from Green Left Weekly

Jimbo

Immortal
Not at all latte boy, I can do much better than that when necessary. You're just not worth any effort

Feel free to keep telling yourself how clever you are though. Your posts suggest otherwise

RoosTah

Juniors
Can someone get me some popcorn? This shit is funny. :D

Loving your efforts there especially Jimbo - telling someone they're not worth the effort after you've prattled on for pages.

What is kinda funny though is that it's usually the latte drinkers who are more partial to soccer, whilst conservatives (Australian and American ones at least) tend to think it too effeminate and basically un-Australian/American in my experience. It's one of the few areas me and my LNP volunteering brother in law agree on. It's even bigger in the U.S. - I remember watching FOX News whilst over there and Sean Hannity was on some rant on how the MLS was emlematic of the "pussification" of America. Don't generally watch that stuff, but man it was funny.

Jimbo

Immortal
Can someone get me some popcorn? This shit is funny. :D

Loving your efforts there especially Jimbo - telling someone they're not worth the effort after you've prattled on for pages.

I have posted eleven times, which is probably less than your comrade

What is kinda funny though is that it's usually the latte drinkers who are more partial to soccer, whilst conservatives (Australian and American ones at least) tend to think it too effeminate and basically un-Australian/American in my experience. It's one of the few areas me and my LNP volunteering brother in law agree on. It's even bigger in the U.S. - I remember watching FOX News whilst over there and Sean Hannity was on some rant on how the MLS was emlematic of the "pussification" of America. Don't generally watch that stuff, but man it was funny.

That's what happens when you over-generalise, I suppose

RoosTah

Juniors
That's what happens when you over-generalise, I suppose

Fair enough. It's still pretty unusual though... just out of curiosity, were you born in Australia? I've known my share of conservatives who are immigrants and like soccer because of their family, but white Australian conservatives who like soccer are a rarity unless they've got a strong and recent British connection (and if their family is conservative it usually means they're bigger union than soccer fans).

Jimbo

Immortal
Born in Australia, as were my grandparents

And union is a game for private school boys when they're not rowing

Latest posts