What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Blue and Gold Juggernaut.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ryhno has mysteriously combusted...lol

I hope so...he's the biggest Eels trol going.

Gives us honest Eels fans a bad name.

I'm disappointed we lost, but I can't complain - we finished 4th. Fourth!

The last time we played Finals football, Pitbull was number one in the charts!

I hate the media talking us up, because, frankly, we were never going to be a realistic chance to win the Premiership in 2017 - we are inconsistent, inexperienced, and rely heavily on Semi.

But I really enjoyed the ride - and even though we lost both our Finals, I don't feel we embarrassed ourselves; losing to Melbourne by 2 is no disgrace, and losing to a Cowboys team that still has Morgan (he is pure class, tbh), Taumalolo, Lowe, Bolton, Coote, Granville, by 8 is no disgrace, either.

Imo, depending on who else we can sign, we are 12 to 18 months away from being a real chance.

STORM.99/07

Bench
I hope so...he's the biggest Eels trol going.

Gives us honest Eels fans a bad name.

I'm disappointed we lost, but I can't complain - we finished 4th. Fourth!

The last time we played Finals football, Pitbull was number one in the charts!

I hate the media talking us up, because, frankly, we were never going to be a realistic chance to win the Premiership in 2017 - we are inconsistent, inexperienced, and rely heavily on Semi.

But I really enjoyed the ride - and even though we lost both our Finals, I don't feel we embarrassed ourselves; losing to Melbourne by 2 is no disgrace, and losing to a Cowboys team that still has Morgan (he is pure class, tbh), Taumalolo, Lowe, Bolton, Coote, Granville, by 8 is no disgrace, either.

Imo, depending on who else we can sign, we are 12 to 18 months away from being a real chance.
Your team gave you lots to cheer about this season so you should be happy. Congratulations for making the finals.

t-ba

Post Whore
Good season.

I think if Gutho stays fit next year they'll be a big shot. And that makes me feel dirty. Can't imagine much worse in this world than Parra being a credible premiership threat spearheaded by one of our local juniors.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Good season.

I think if Gutho stays fit next year they'll be a big shot. And that makes me feel dirty. Can't imagine much worse in this world than Parra being a credible premiership threat spearheaded by one of our local juniors.

I can imagine it'd suck for Manly fans.

He's been a huge loss for us - imo, he was our best player this season, even above Brown.

He just made things look easy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Your team gave you lots to cheer about this season so you should be happy. Congratulations for making the finals.

Thanks, mate.

I'm stoked we even made the Finals, after a long drought.

And I reckon we put up a fair fight - but we are simply not on the same level as the Storm, Roosters, and Cowboys yet.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

t-ba

Post Whore
I can imagine it'd suck for Manly fans.

He's been a huge loss for us - imo, he was our best player this season, even above Brown.

He just made things look easy.

It was a choice we had to make at the time. I think his injury in 2015 played a big part in it. I'd say on the balance the Trbos are a better deal but jeez it's a bit rubbish. We're lucky to produce a couple of decent first graders from our catchment a decade and there are now three out and out superstars in the space of a few years. And then one joins the old enemy.

Must be how Parra feels every time we nick one.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It was a choice we had to make at the time. I think his injury in 2015 played a big part in it. I'd say on the balance the Trbos are a better deal but jeez it's a bit rubbish. We're lucky to produce a couple of decent first graders from our catchment a decade and there are now three out and out superstars in the space of a few years. And then one joins the old enemy.

Must be how Parra feels every time we nick one.

Yeah, I can sympathise. It's rough.

I just hope (for Gutherson's sake, not even Parra's) that he's able to come back from this latest injury without major repercussions. The kid deserves some good luck.

Canard

Immortal
Think it was Gordo who overheard hindmarsh telling somone he was being rested for the Gf with his injury and had to remind nathan there was still a game about to kickoff in front of him

Didn't Brian Smith deliberately turn up late (at half time) for a final against the Warriors one year(2001?) to ensure the players would be ready if this happened on GF day??

Tommy Smith

Referee
I know he had them play with 12 men for a portion of a game so they could experience playing a man down.

Talk about over preparing your side to the point of making them nervous.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
only just noticed this thread so no idea what's been said so far....

but we'll get gutho and bev back next season so we should improve and we're looking fine in the backs, we may even get semi back before finals who knows...look at what happened to barba's "3 year deal" at the same club semi is going to.

the news story about chasing tlolo earlier his year says to me that ontop of signing evans we''ve still got another big name forward to add.

a whole preseason of norman gutho and moses together in the spine should see moses lift his game to an even higher level. and if he does it won't take long before we hear whinges about us being under the cap. onwards and upwards blue and gold

no name

Coach
the game knights played Storm. knights went into the game as favorites as they had won three games in a row.(media forgot the fact Storm had won 4 in a row)
Lol the team coming 16th favourites against the team coming first.
The Knights were paying $4.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
the game knights played Storm. knights went into the game as favorites as they had won three games in a row.(media forgot the fact Storm had won 4 in a row)
Do you sit around and wait for a chance to respond to anything you perceive as anti storm and whiners about shit?

Latest posts