What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Blue and Gold Juggernaut.

Incorrect

Coach
In all seriousness, if we hadn't lost Gutho and if Beau Scott returned to the squad come Finals time then I reckon we could have made a legit GF run.... I won't say premiership run because I just can't see how the Storm don't win the premiership this year - everyone else is just playing for 2nd spot...

As it stands, and in light of the clusterf**k that has been Parramatta for the past 7 years or so, I'm glad BA has them playing with some grit and belief, especially with the injuries to key players throughout the year. It's a nice change!

Clifferd

Coach
In all seriousness, if we hadn't lost Gutho and if Beau Scott returned to the squad come Finals time then I reckon we could have made a legit GF run.... I won't say premiership run because I just can't see how the Storm don't win the premiership this year - everyone else is just playing for 2nd spot...

As it stands, and in light of the clusterf**k that has been Parramatta for the past 7 years or so, I'm glad BA has them playing with some grit and belief, especially with the injuries to key players throughout the year. It's a nice change!

I still reckon Parra are a legitimate chance for a prelim birth.

I just can't see them winning a big finals game against Melbourne/Cronulla or Roosters. So if it's a sudden death semi against one of those teams, id back any of them against parra.

But then again what do I know, anyone can beat anyone on their day

T-Boon

Coach
Be a good name for a new club. The Brisbane Juggernauts...or maybe a new womens club e.g. The Sydney Jugs.

The Beaver

Juniors
And who says cheats never prosper?

If you're a shit club, stuff going with a legitimate rebuild. Sacrifice a season, buy up talented players, build a winning a culture, and then when caught release the players you already had that you don't want and keep the players you illegally purchased. It helps even more if you're located somewhere that is a key territory in the fight between rival codes, your punishment won't be as extreme. Good tactic, full credit to the Eels for pulling it off. At least they're playing a relatively entertaining brand of football.

Tiger5150

Bench
Moses contract was up. You guys decided not to re-sign him.
Ahhhhh nup. his contract was up at the end of the season. Asked for a release, was denied it and so intentionally dogged it, dogging his mates in the process for the next three games until we cut him loose. In his last game he had 0 runs for 0 metres and 9 missed tackles. Thats just a weak human.

I have no problem him going to Parra, and with 20:20 hindsight Im relieved he is out of the club. My problem is how he behaved in this team. Not a man, a weak human.

T-Boon

Coach
If you're a shit club, stuff going with a legitimate rebuild. Sacrifice a season, buy up talented players, build a winning a culture, and then when caught release the players you already had that you don't want and keep the players you illegally purchased.

Exactly. Ive been saying this since the Dog got done. I am actually proud of the Eels. It was a good move. The Titans and Knights should do it once they are free of honest owners.

T-Boon

Coach
Ahhhhh nup. his contract was up at the end of the season. Asked for a release, was denied it and so intentionally dogged it, dogging his mates in the process for the next three games until we cut him loose. In his last game he had 0 runs for 0 metres and 9 missed tackles. Thats just a weak human.

True. He didn't exactly cover himself in glory at the end.
But you skipped the bit where Cleary had said something along the lines of "sign, or get off the bus" (something like that). i.e. if you aren't part of the future piss off now. Moses just took him literally and then found Cleary was full of shit when he said that.

Vic Mackey

Referee
True. He didn't exactly cover himself in glory at the end.
But you skipped the bit where Cleary had said something along the lines of "sign, or get off the bus" (something like that). i.e. if you aren't part of the future piss off now. Moses just took him literally and then found Cleary was full of shit when he said that.

Ahh no he actually said 'we are pulling your offer for now to concentrate on woods and Tedesco, once that's sorted if you're still free we will talk.' Moses threw a hissy fit that the club was no longer bending over backwards for him and left. The offer had been on the table for well over 6 months.

Anyways eels fans appear happy to have, tigers fans are very happy he is gone. Everyone's a winner.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Didn't realise you released two rep players to keep re-sign Mitchell only to lose him and few games into his new contract.
Totally comparable situation.......... Not lol.

If I were a Tigers fan I'd be dirty no doubt about it. But your club is just as much to blame as Moses.

Clifferd

Coach
Poor Clifferd would of woken up with some fresh tears on his pillow this morning.

But don't worry mate forget about Moses Josh Reynolds is on his way!!

You act as if Football is my #1 priority in my life

Ever since we've been out of contention I've barely watched nrl apart from our weekly fixture

Enjoy Moses while it lasts because im sure as things start going shit you'll want him out the door asap, he is a very mentally weak human being

And as far as Reynolds goes, still waiting on Moses to debut for NSW and play in 2 GFs lol. Until then Moses isn't even fit to tie his shoe laces...

A few good performances in an already winning culture isn't exactly fap material. He's had similar performances at the tigers and people still thought he was overrated

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
Parra shouldn't get to carried away though. They've beaten a struggling Bulldogs twice, a weakened Dragons an Origin depleted Storm and the Wests Tigers. Their win against Brisbane was very impressive I won't deny that.

Clifferd

Coach
Parra shouldn't get to carried away though. They've beaten a struggling Bulldogs twice, a weakened Dragons an Origin depleted Storm and the Wests Tigers. Their win against Brisbane was very impressive I won't deny that.

I suppose lack of premierships in 37 years and no finals appearances in 8 years will do that to you lol

2 consecutive wooden spoons is pretty impressive though.

Knightmare

Coach
I suppose lack of premierships in 37 years and no finals appearances in 8 years will do that to you lol

2 consecutive wooden spoons is pretty impressive though.

:confused: 37 years ago it was 1980. Parra won 4 Premierships in the next 6 years....

Yes the Eels are playing well but lets look at those 6 wins shall we -

Round 15 v St George: Beat the Dragons 24-10 in a clinical performance. That said the Dragons form had dropped as they'd only won 1 out of their previous 3 games prior to this game.
Round 17 v Canterbury: They beat them 13-12. Not a great triumph that one, but a win.
Round 18 v Melbourne: Yes a 22-6 win against the Storm in Melbourne looks impressive until you factor in Melbourne were missing all their rep players (i.e. Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk, Billy Slater, Will Chambers, Tim Glasby and Cameron Munster).
Round 20 v Wests Tigers: They won 17-16 against a team near the foot of the ladder.
Round 21 v Brisbane: A quality performance against a team that was sitting in the top 4 at the time.
Round 22 v Canterbury: Beat a team travelling 3rd last 20-4.

They have ability I do not doubt, but the quality of the opponents has, on the whole not been that great and their remaining draw is mainly against teams in the bottom half, if not the bottom of the ladder (e.g. Newcastle, Souths).

Latest posts