What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Zoidberg

First Grade
Many people saying Stewart should be up for supporting actor. There's a long time left in the year but I'd be (happily) surprised if Logan doesn't end up in my top 10 of the year.

myrrh ken

First Grade

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Meh, like I said most of the criticism is pointed at the shows slow pace etc

Im still willing to bet it will be enjoyable even if its the worst of the Netflix Marvel properties

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Movie photos from Thor:Ragnarok if anyone hasnt seen them

0002509893242534535.jpg

000250985800833394.jpg

00025098835354354.jpg

0002509873283273432343.jpg

00025099043543596.jpg

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor...-hela-loki-and-more-revealed-in-9-new-a149491

Timbo

Staff member
So, I got my wisdom teeth removed today. My dentist has a TVs mounted above the chair and he fired up Iron Fist on Netflix during the procedure.

Even high as a kite on happy gas I found Iron Fist baaaad.

shiznit

Coach
So, I got my wisdom teeth removed today. My dentist has a TVs mounted above the chair and he fired up Iron Fist on Netflix during the procedure.

Even high as a kite on happy gas I found Iron Fist baaaad.

Lol... I was just about to come on and ask what everyone's opinion is on it....

I'm 7 episodes in and TBH I'm trying to like it... and there are some aspects I like... but I just seriously can't get over the acting... some parts are just outright corny....

The story itself kinda seems disjointed... obviously I'm only 7 episodes in so there could be heaps I'm yet to see... but I don't get how little we see of his journey to be the iron fist... and because of that a lot of his talk had no context and just sounds like gibberish...

I dunno... there's so many issues with the acting to the weird way they film the fight scenes... I think the lack of origin to how he became the iron fist and what the iron fist even is... or where Kun Lun is... or anything like that... just just do any real justice to the character.

If they needed to do one more TV series to build in to the defenders... they should have gone with the punisher IMO...

Luke Cage had its flaws... most notably killing off what I thought was a good villain in cottonmouth... and replacing him with that stupid idiot in what looked like a cheap power ranger outfit...

But even Luke Cage seems much, much better than Iron Fist so far...

bileduct

Coach
f**k man, I really wanted to like Iron Fist because everyone else was ragging so hard about it, but...

It's f**king atrocious.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's pretty underwhelming, 6 episodes in and it's just taken far too long to get anywhere. Plus the fight scenes aren't in the same ballpark as Daredevil.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Iron Fist is meh. Not horrible but it's pretty uninspiring stuff all the same. Disappointing probably the most apt way to describe it

Finn Jones was terrible. The only thing that made it bareable was Colleen Wing and madame Gow. They were the only 2 compelling characters

I think Marvel seriously need to go from 13 eps down to 10 for their Netflix properties. It wouldn't have made IF any better but it also wouldn't have dragged on so much

bileduct

Coach
Dude I am only 2 episodes in and to me Finn Jones doesn't seem to be the problem. It's the terrible writing. The dialogue is f**king atrocious.

Those two siblings have been written as though they are complete and utter geniuss.

shiznit

Coach
Dude I am only 2 episodes in and to me Finn Jones doesn't seem to be the problem. It's the terrible writing. The dialogue is f**king atrocious.

Those two siblings have been written as though they are complete and utter geniuss.
I hate to bang on about it...

But I think Finn Jones suffers somewhat because we didn't really see his trials and tribulations he went through to becoming the Iron Fist.

All we see is this skinny white hippy dude who looks somewhere between a ballet dancer and Kung fu warrior.

His character just lacks context...

I mean they managed to give Bernadict Cumberpatch a better background and origin storyline to becoming Dr Strange in less than 2hrs than they managed to give Danny Rand in the 13hrs they had to work with for Iron Fist.

Latest posts