What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
Not even flashbacks?
They show a few little flash backs but none of his actual training... none I could remember seeing.

They don't even explain anything about Kun Lun... which i thought was a pretty important part of why he was away for so long...

I dunno.... they left out a heap of stuff I thought they could have fleshed out... especially considering how f**king slow the story is... it's not like they omitted it because they didn't have enough f**king time to fit it into the 13 episodes...

Mind you... I'm only 7 in so maybe I'm jumping the gun...

bileduct

Coach
I'm up to episode 9 and I gotta say that I'm enjoying it more than I was initially and I'm a lot further into than I got into Luke Cage.

The dialogue is still pretty awful though, which is probably my biggest criticism of the show. Sometimes it feels like watching one of those terrible CW shows from the DC universe or the other crappy Marvel non-Netflix shows.

That said, I've noticed that a lot of people are primarily complaining about the fight sequences. They are pretty average for a television and they didn't bother me at all. Daredevil had some f**king great fights, but then they became way too repetitive which undermined the quality of the choreography. I can still watch the original Star Wars trilogy without being bothered by some of the worst sword fights of all time, so whatever.

shiznit

Coach
I don't want get into too much of a flame war over it... But Luke Cage is pretty far ahead for mine...

Not that Luke Cage was that good... I think it was pretty fairly behind Daredevil and JJ.

But Iron Fist is bad on sooo many levels...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Personally, I thought the fights in Daredevil were ok - not great, but good.

I also thought Jessica Jones was terrible; its only saving grace was an unbelievably good David Tennant as Killgrave.

And I'm enjoying Iron Fist.

Also, I disliked Logan.

Maybe I'm broken...?

elyod138

Bench
If you're not watching Legion, do yourself a favour. IMO, the best comic book based TV show and better than the majority of the movies too. It's from the creator of the Fargo TV show, which is also brilliant.

Jono078

Referee
New Justice League trailer has dropped. Lot of people saying it's awesome but for me it does nothing to get me more excited about the movie.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I liked it.

But then, I've been waiting to see Aquaman on the big screen for a long time, and he's being played by one of my favourite actors in Jason Momoa (that casting looks spot on), so I'm pumped for the film.

PJ

First Grade
Did nothing for me.

Daughter who watches all the comic book films with me watched it and says she'll pass.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
If you dont think it looked good then you dont have a soul. Hell, even Fred said he kinda liked it

Real talk though, Im apprehensive. It all looks flashy and great but so did BvS and it turned out to be pretty bad story wise

bileduct

Coach
Justice League trailer looks f**king awesome!

There's too many of these films coming out these days so I'm gonna have to start skipping a few. I have zero interest in Spiderman and Thor, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 looks like a massive turd.

elyod138

Bench

There's too many of these films coming out these days so I'm gonna have to start skipping a few. I have zero interest in Spiderman and Thor, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 looks like a massive turd.
Thor and GotG2 will be two of the best I think. They're the only ones I'm interested in, both have great writer/directors.

shiznit

Coach

You serious??

GotG2 and Ragnarok are probably the most intriguing of the comic book films coming out...

Ragnarok especially... considering the second Thor was pretty meh... with Taika in charge I think people are genuinely interested in how looks.

Agree on Spider-Man... i kinda really looks like a way for Sony to cash in on the MCU money making monster.

As for Justice League... The trailer looks pretty awesome. I'm probably more interested at this stage in Wonder Woman... it actually looks much, much better than I originally thought it was going to be.

If WW can build nicely... JL will be a much better film for it IMO...

Game_Breaker

Coach
If you dont think it looked good then you dont have a soul. Hell, even Fred said he kinda liked it

Real talk though, Im apprehensive. It all looks flashy and great but so did BvS and it turned out to be pretty bad story wise

BvS trailer was better and it turned out crap
Snyders films are always obvious they've been filmed in studios and little practical effects.

Latest posts