What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

DiegoNT

First Grade
BvS trailer was better and it turned out crap
Snyders films are always obvious they've been filmed in studios and little practical effects.
I can't tell the difference between it and the recent power rangers trailer.
It also look like it's trying to be dark and gritty like the dark knight movies while also being light and fun like the marvel movies

Just saw the new Spider-Man trailer...

Is he fighting Birdman??

I think you will find Michael Keaton is playing the Vulture. The Vulture is a well established villain in the Spiderman rogues gallery. Refreshing that it is someone other than the Green Goblin.

PJ

First Grade
Thought the other 2 Thor movies were crap.

Nothing in the trailer makes me think this will be anything different.

elyod138

Bench
I like Taika... but even I'm abit hesitant over how this goes...

His quirky style doesn't seem suited to a big Marvel cgi action film.
His style suits perfectly with the off kilter GotG side and it seems like that's what they're shooting for. I haven't even seen the other Thor movies, GotG is the only Marvel movie I love, I find the rest too self serious.

I think we're going to get a modern love letter to 80's fantasy movies.

shiznit

Coach
Suits perfectly in with the off kilter GotG side and it seems like that's the ballpark they're playing in.

I must say I did chuckle at the... 'He's a friend from work'... that's Taika's style.

Also... how f**ken hot is Cate Blanchett... I don't think she's EVER looked this f**king hot..

hrundi99

First Grade
Thought the other 2 Thor movies were crap.

Nothing in the trailer makes me think this will be anything different.

It actually looks like a completely different type of film.

I'm not sure what you were watching.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
His style suits perfectly with the off kilter GotG side and it seems like that's what they're shooting for. I haven't even seen the other Thor movies, GotG is the only Marvel movie I love, I find the rest too self serious.

Jeebus, you must hate the DC efforts then.

PJ

First Grade
It actually looks like a completely different type of film.

I'm not sure what you were watching.

OK, so to me it looks a different type of crap.

Hopefully it is better than the other 2 and I might go along but I'm not excited by that trailer.

shiznit

Coach
Any fans of Taika's work... I had something funny pointed out to me...

he left an Easter egg in the trailer...

Over Thor's right shoulder when he's throwing Miljnor at Hela... lol

LNZvaRb4gEC1YsnHIga6Mh_NHR8OBNOCOyt3GgEP7ddWXlyeQMxOZbN6NETjWp_Kj7SH1QbO5Laizb2ezrc5U1W0twlTZAG1twtHMj-BGwKOqNhTEN88ZwbW9qVv0mVJD-r9IDlxUyTxClI=w459-h208-nc

Game_Breaker

Coach

A lot are calling this film Asgardians of the Galaxy since that's the vibe they seem to be going for.