What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The fraud thread

gerg

Juniors
I wouldn’t call him a fraud as he was a good player for a long time, but someone needs to shoot Luke Keary into the sun
Was the best 5/8 in the comp for a few years but too many concussions. I'm surprised he's still playing. Roosters are historically pretty ruthless in moving players on after reaching their used by date.

Apey

Staff member
yes, hence my doubt. Before that, I was certain he was a fraud. But every time I watched the Knights, he seemed to go alright
He was playing well above what we expected of him but this year he has reverted to his talent level.

I'll go with a few dudes who've played more than just 1 or 2 games and been way out of their league such as Pio Seci for manly. More so the ones who have managed to jag a few years of first grade.

Drew Hutchison, Fetuli Talanoa, Dustin Cooper, Dunamis Lui, Travis Waddell, Tesi Niu, Jaxson Paulo, Joe Picker, Billy Magoulias.

To be continued

Meth

Staff member
At the risk of further diversifying precisely what we are talking about, there’s also ‘fool’s gold’. Guys that looked like they were certainties to be something special and turned out to be pretty shit.

The Warriors have had plenty of them. Fisiiahi. Seluini.

Bevan French also springs to mind.

soc123_au

Staff member
At the risk of further diversifying precisely what we are talking about, there’s also ‘fool’s gold’. Guys that looked like they were certainties to be something special and turned out to be pretty shit.

I remember being pretty excited when we signed Seluini. Then absolutely nothing.

Greg Waddell is the poster child though, although that was more just bad luck that he was made of glass.

Karl Filliga is another name that springs to mind, Sharks iirc.

Honourable mention to Viapuna Tia Killifi.

Dunno if it was his debut or just one of his first games but can remember seeing the Fish at shark park one day and thinking geez they've got a good one there. Faded into obscurity pretty quickly, Omar Slaimankhel too.

Nathan Gardner for us, that try he scored against the roosters was pretty quickly overtaken by some of the worst fullback play I've ever seen, though running off Paul Gallen hospital passes repeatedly isn't good for the longevity of someone who weighs as much as a starved whippet.

Reactions: Vee

mongoose

Coach
I'll go with a few dudes who've played more than just 1 or 2 games and been way out of their league such as Pio Seci for manly. More so the ones who have managed to jag a few years of first grade.

Drew Hutchison, Fetuli Talanoa, Dustin Cooper, Dunamis Lui, Travis Waddell, Tesi Niu, Jaxson Paulo, Joe Picker, Billy Magoulias.

To be continued
Travis waddell - i remember him at the Raiders. Had big wraps in NYC but you could have a cuppa tea in the time it took him to pass the ball from dummyhalf.

MugaB

Coach
Josh Schuster.

Not a complete bludger on potential but he has delivered a shit sandwich to Manly fans so far.

Most expensive reserve grader in the NRL? 800k was reported.
C'mon boss, i can do one push up!!!, don't do me dirty like that!!!

ZomboMeme 9916.jpg

My vote will be for the ever present and very non threatening Aa-Ron Wooods, the face on the NRL in vegas, not one game played this season

Last edited: