What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

siv

First Grade
That Union only started referring to the game as "Rugby" in the 90s is a hot take.

Did you mean the 1890s?
It would be interesting to see the name evolved

As RL in England was known the the Northern Union for almost 40 years

ash the bash

Juniors
What's accommodation like price wise?
Im paying about $ 3,500/- USD for the room for 9 nights. You can get rooms for a hell of a lot cheaper including the Mandalay Bay or other hotels on the strip. There is a lot of competition, basically half the hotels on the strip are owned by MGM/Caesars so my advice would be to book direct with them. Can get a lot more perks that way. For us it was a toss up between Mandalay Bay or the Bellagio. The Bellagio is better located with MB down the southern end of the strip. Mandalay Bay has the bigger rooms which ultimately helped the decision.
We are travelling from the Maldives, BC on SQ is about 12K USD return.
Have not booked any shows yet will def want to check out the Sphere while there and maybe do the chopper ride to grand canyon which everyone recommends. Not going to be a cheap week but it's not everyday that Souths play in Vegas. Not a gambler so gives me more space on budget :)

Canard

Immortal
Im paying about $ 3,500/- USD for the room for 9 nights. You can get rooms for a hell of a lot cheaper including the Mandalay Bay or other hotels on the strip. There is a lot of competition, basically half the hotels on the strip are owned by MGM/Caesars so my advice would be to book direct with them. Can get a lot more perks that way. For us it was a toss up between Mandalay Bay or the Bellagio. The Bellagio is better located with MB down the southern end of the strip. Mandalay Bay has the bigger rooms which ultimately helped the decision.
Have not booked any shows yet will def want to check out the Sphere while there and maybe do the chopper ride to grand canyon which everyone recommends. Not going to be a cheap week but it's not everyday that Souths play in Vegas. Not a gambler so gives me more space on budget :)
That's awesome, I heard it was $3.5k a night for the F1

Gobsmacked

Bench
Will you be my friend?

snickers007

Juniors

Mandalay Bay will be fine to get around. You have the internal monorail to Luxor & Excalibur - and then right across the road to MGM Grand monorail to unlock the rest of the strip.

Re Grand Canyon - I've done a plane in/out with a chopper ride, boat ride and on-foot explore once at the canyon. Definitely a cheaper option than a chopper there and back.

ash the bash

Juniors
Mandalay Bay will be fine to get around. You have the internal monorail to Luxor & Excalibur - and then right across the road to MGM Grand monorail to unlock the rest of the strip.

Re Grand Canyon - I've done a plane in/out with a chopper ride, boat ride and on-foot explore once at the canyon. Definitely a cheaper option than a chopper there and back.
Thanks for that, yeah getting around the strip seems pretty easy with monorail. Only need to get a Uber/cab if heading into Fremont street aka old Vegas.

What do you recommend for the canyon trip ? Takes about 3-4 hrs get thr by car ?

horrie hastings

First Grade

Sounds like a great trip Ash. With the Grand Canyon when i was there in 2014 we just booked a small bus tour which took about 4 and half hours to get there, think it left Vegas about 5 -5.30 am for the trip, There were a few electrical storms when we were at the Canyon so there were no helicopter flights at the time.

This is worth a look if you like some of the old history of Vegas. Don't think they were doing the night tours when i went in 2014

Hoover Dam is worth a trip also, it is fairly close by so assume there would be tours there, the friends we stayed with drove us out there.

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
PR tour is set to run from December 9-15. Players being sent across are Aaron Woods (Manly), Adam Reynolds (Brisbane) & Campbell Graham (Souths). Roosters haven't confirmed their ambassador yet.

PR events starts at the Raiders-Vikings NFL match on Sunday, December 10. Official media launch will be Tuesday, December 12.

Supposedly there will be something happening every day, will be interesting to see what impact it has on ticket sales.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
PR tour is set to run from December 9-15. Players being sent across are Aaron Woods (Manly), Adam Reynolds (Brisbane) & Campbell Graham (Souths). Roosters haven't confirmed their ambassador yet.

PR events starts at the Raiders-Vikings NFL match on Sunday, December 10. Official media launch will be Tuesday, December 12.

Supposedly there will be something happening every day, will be interesting to see what impact it has on ticket sales.
That's a very average bunch of players and they have zero charisma

Wb1234

Referee

Any chance we sell this out or is that a pipe dream ?

Latest posts