What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Massive respect to both fighters though. Lesnar had a good game plan and stuck to it (avoid Hunts hands at all costs, go for the takedown and ground and pound) and Hunt is an absolute warrior, 95% of fighters would've been knocked out or sumbmitted in that situation but Lesnar could t even really hurt him, guy has a head like an anvil.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hunt is what Hunt's always been- a striker who can knock anyone out if he tags them but who can be beaten on the ground. Nothing's changed there, probably the only surprise in this fight is that Lesnar couldn't finish it when he got Hunt on the ground. I was calling it ether Hunt stand up KO or Lesnar ground and pound KO, didn't think it'd go to a decision.

Hardly schooled either, he defended something like 6/8 of Brocks takedowns, he only stuck a couple of them.

Lesnar obvious prepared well, props to him for that.

McLovin

Staff member
Hunt is deceptively fit. Surprise for me was his stamina and Brock's lack of. Brock just always seems gassed.. Would have been interesting if the fight went another 2 rounds..

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah had it gone 5 I reckon Lesnar would've got tagged on the way in. His takedown game was good but for a guy that big and strong he couldn't really do much other than stay on top once he had Hunt down.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
Decent event today. Don't understand the crowd booing Cormier, do they seriously expect him to play against his strengths and risk a loss just to apease their misguided views on what makes a good fight? Totally moronic.
Aldo was super impressive, probably the best performance bar Cain, if he fights like that he beats anyone at 145 including McGregor, Frankie is no joke but he looked no threat whatsoever.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Lesnar's A sample has come back positive... is anyone surprised? Hunt is giving it to him and the UFC in the media but it'll work out pretty well for him if he ends up getting half of Lesnars purse and the fight ruled no contest.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
And it's the same Estrogen blocker as JonJones Positive test as well, it's not in any Suppliments, so it's willingly taken... Bye brock you Cheat.

shaggs

Coach
Lesnar's second test comes back positive too. No surprises there.
Hunt would be spewing.

It wasn't his B sample. The latest positive was his in comp sample taken on the day of the fight.

B sample isn't back yet.

And it's the same Estrogen blocker as JonJones Positive test as well, it's not in any Suppliments, so it's willingly taken... Bye brock you Cheat.

Yeah that's right. You can get non prescription eatrogen blockers but they don't come up in tests and likely don't even work. Considering he tested to a specific chemical and not some vague increase of red blood cells or test levels, he is pretty much done.

Clomiphene is used by bodybuilders once they come of cycle to stop the body converting the testosterone into oestrogen. I'm surprised they used clomid instead of nolvadex. I reckon he would have been using letrozole or similar during the cycle to stop the test to oestrogen conversion.

It's a dumb thing to do. Clomid primarily is excreted in the urine, whilst nolva isnt

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
They are both dumb as each other, how they figured they would get away with it is beyond me, and even worse on Bones part as he's had nothing else to do bar train,so there is no excuse for him period. where as Brock was always going to need help to catch up to fitness. Bye bye to both.

Wizardman

First Grade
Womens MMA has come a LONG way from even five years ago. Shevchenco and Holm are fighting at a very high level. Great fight.