What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The press conference

adamkungl

Immortal
Did the NRL have access to players tax records? If not, I don't see why they wouldn't have declared their full income

gronkathon

First Grade
I think that the discussion in regards to moving forwards is the only real positive to take out of this press conference.

If done correctly I am not opposed to an amnesty period in principal but not if it allows all 4 marquee players to remain at the Storm but in a way that they can field a competetive siide.

:lol: @ Chambers getting paid extra though

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
no mention in the whole thread of news reaffirming their support for the franchise?
Indeed they did.

Three priorities mentioned:

- News committed to funding the club. With the fines etc this year, it cost them $14m. Normally it costs $6m.

- Finding new CEO

- #1 priority is establishing the 2011 playing roster.

Evolution

Juniors
Bellamy, Vail, and one player manager co-operated. The rest didn't.

The independent members were punted because they are failing their duties to the club - Hartigan believes the urgency is for the roster for 2011 be sprted out - instead these twats are in court whinging at the penalty.

How were they suppose to negotiate new contracts when they NRL will not let them do so?

Ryan and Maher have been trying to figure out the roster for next year but until they NRL will let them sign a player to a contact their hands are tied. They also needed to know how much money they needed to shead.

They only thing they can do at this moment in time was get new sponsors to the club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hartigan saw fit to sack members of the current board as they did not assist the forensic auditors one iota with the investigation.

This then begs the question, why wasn't the same action taken to the entire playing group who also refused to assist investigators, given that the players association was ore than happy with the confidentiality clauses deloittes had n place for the investigation ?

Absolute scum of a cub.
Yep, the hardest part of the whole affair was to tell the poor players :lol:, "it would be like a stake through their hearts" :roll: Oh the poor dears, what about every player from every club that had been cheated by these Merkins the last 5 years????

_Johnsy

Referee
Crap. Beestinghead will just blame Gallop and whinge that the Storm were right to cheat to keep the players they "developed" from interstate.

Gus is the village idiot on this one.

I was coming from the view point that he is usually not afraid to ask the hard questions, hopefully he will do so tonight.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How were they suppose to negotiate new contracts when they NRL will not let them do so?

Ryan and Maher have been trying to figure out the roster for next year but until they NRL will let them sign a player to a contact their hands are tied. They also needed to know how much money they needed to shead.

They only thing they can do at this moment in time was get new sponsors to the club.

WTF? Ryan and Maher are independent directors, why would they be focussed on the roster, especially when they should be focussing on the investigation and it's surrounds.

They now know how much money needs to be shed.

natheel

Coach
& rightfully so

oh definatley but itll be the same tripe he dishes up giving gallop a serve etc where it is now evident the Storm are the ones who need the serving!!!

this storm thing has really put the NRL in dissaray and they have made a mockery of the NRL!!

Loudstrat

Coach
No - but lately he's been asking the f*cking stupid questions.

Where's all the irrational Storm supporters?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Indeed they did.

Three priorities mentioned:

- News committed to funding the club. With the fines etc this year, it cost them $14m. Normally it costs $6m.

- Finding new CEO

- #1 priority is establishing the 2011 playing roster.

and they won't be selling the club till they are competitive, clean and have good support

this may take 3 years according to Hartigan

News also think this will not set back establishing an IC. he said the only thing slowing that down was the QRL

gronkathon

First Grade
I was coming from the view point that he is usually not afraid to ask the hard questions, hopefully he will do so tonight.

I wish that was the case but from his rants this year I think we will see agenda Gould.

Alternatively a 15 minute rant about O'Sullivan being a fine man etc etc

hmm

i dont believe it.

not co operating implies you have something to hide.

the players knew.

i wouldnt sign them on character alone.

except for slater

and cronk

and inglis....

_Johnsy

Referee

The NRL offered to go into mediation with a judge & for the outcomes to be binding. They had an opportunity to sort this issue out with a court judge overseeing the entire process. But no the merkin of a club flatly refused. Selfish scum.

Evolution

Juniors
WTF? Ryan and Maher are independent directors, why would they be focussed on the roster, especially when they should be focussing on the investigation and it's surrounds.

Maybe because that is the reason we told they were all sacked.

gronkathon

First Grade
The independant directors simply wanted Gallop in open court and to embarass the NRL as much publicly as they could.

I thought that motivation was clear from day 1

Loudstrat

Coach

So who should worry about the squad for 2011? Or do they knock it up over a barbie next February after skiing day behind Inglis' boat?

Latest posts