What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

SDM

First Grade
Galloway hits harder in defence. Weyman is a powderpuff, he got beat up by Piggy FFS

Hutty1986

Immortal
Galloway doesn't run hard enough. He walks at the line then drags the players along for 10 metres. It's effective I suppose but I'd like to see him hit the line at speed and he never does.

Pending this weekends fixtures;

1. Hayne
2. Morris *
3. Gasnier
4. Idris *
5. Uate *
6. Soward *
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Farah *
10. Tolman
11. Learoyd-Lahrs
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Mannah *
15. Galloway *
16. Houston *
17. Gidley

*These dudes aren't locks imo but the rest are. Other players that could crack a spot;
Michael Gordon
Will Hopoate
Josh Dugan
Josh Morris
Jarrod Mullen
Michael Weyman
Trent Merrin
Dan Hunt
Michael Ennis
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Simon Dwyer
Chris Heighington
Beau Scott
Greg Bird
Dean Young

I really think that if Simon Dwyer has a blinder against the Bunnies he's a real possibility. A lot of the former NSW origin old boys rate him. The only ones with a real chance other than that are Mullen, Weyman, Merrin, Hunt, Ennis, Scott, Bird, Young and Gidley. However I don't think I'd select any of them without injuries playing a part. I'd be reasonably comfortable with the 17 I selected. I do fully expect that Farah and Galloway will get overlooked though because they play for Wests Tigers and Bob Fulton hates Wests.

Dywer looks like a hell of a prospect, I think he is worth a run sometime during the series

Bulldog Force

Referee
  1. Josh Dugan
  2. Brett Morris
  3. Mark Gasnier
  4. Jamal Idris
  5. Akuila Uate
  6. Jamie Soward
  7. Mitchell Pearce
  8. Kade Snowden
  9. Michael Ennis
  10. Michael Weyman
  11. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
  12. Ben Creagh
  13. Paul Gallen (c)
  14. Aiden Tolman
  15. Greg Bird
  16. Tim Mannah
  17. Luke Lewis

timka4

Bench
Interesting to see Peter Sterlings team. A few bad decisions IMO with player selections. Especially the forward pack and bench.

Peter Sterling's NSW Origin squad
1. Michael Gordon
2. Brett Morris
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward (pending fitness)
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Paul Gallen (capt)
Interchange
14. Dean Young
15. Jamal Idris (assuming Kurt Gidley unavailable)
16. Tim Mannah
17. Keith Galloway

It's not overly bad, but there are a few of bad picks.

Link Below
http://www.nrl.com/peter-sterling-picks-his-nsw-origin-lineup/tabid/10874/newsid/62721/default.aspx

Pazza

First Grade
Hayne is the only attacking playmaker we have who name can be mentioned in the same breath as players like Benji, Thurston and Lockyer! With players like Soward, Mullen and Ennis, we really do need Hayne there for his X factor!

Only NSW would leave their best player for the past 2 series out because his club form hasn't been amazing! Doubt very much QLD will leave out Inglis cause has been complete rubbish this year!!!

timka4

Bench
its only Sterlo's pick, Hayne won't be left out. He is probably just showing his hate for the Eels through not picking hayne though

Tweed Titan

Bench
Only in NSW could people pick teams that don't include their best and most proven players because they didn't score 4 tries or run for 250 metres last week.

Short term form is becoming extremely overrated IMO.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Questions need to be asked when Creagh and Ennis are still considered for selection. NSW might as well hand QLD the series now.

Hayne must be there and as Marshall said last night, attacking football is the way to beat QLD. Farah - Pearce - Jennings - Hayne.

jbl31649

Juniors
Soward was very good tonight, but Creagh barely saw him. Shouldn't be selected considering Origin is a lot faster.

Interesting to see Peter Sterlings team. A few bad decisions IMO with player selections. Especially the forward pack and bench.

Peter Sterling's NSW Origin squad
1. Michael Gordon
2. Brett Morris
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward (pending fitness)
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Paul Gallen (capt)
Interchange
14. Dean Young
15. Jamal Idris (assuming Kurt Gidley unavailable)
16. Tim Mannah
17. Keith Galloway

It's not overly bad, but there are a few of bad picks.

Link Below
http://www.nrl.com/peter-sterling-picks-his-nsw-origin-lineup/tabid/10874/newsid/62721/default.aspx

that team would get smashed by 30