What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rooftop Bacardi Breezer Boys do it again......

Mr Saab

Referee
What the hell did do you expect them to do? Sit in their hotel rooms playing Fish whilst drinking their apple poppas?
So much outrage over a non event.

Now Gus Gould is all over NSW with criticism with his usual expert after the fact analysis. He waxed lyrical over the team and Daley for a game and a half. But now its a bad culture, no leaders etc etc....when he sang the praises of having no more Gallen or Farrah in the team without naming them.

Face it, NSW are just not good enough talent wise in the key positions to compete with QLD. If t the barcardi cousins abstained from alcohol and stayed in their room during down time it would not have made one iota of difference.

betcats

Referee
What the hell did do you expect them to do? Sit in their hotel rooms playing Fish whilst drinking their apple poppas?

Now Gus Gould is all over NSW with criticism with his usual expert after the fact analysis. He waxed lyrical over the team and Daley for a game and a half. But now its a bad culture, no leaders etc etc....when he sang the praises of having no more Gallen or Farrah in the team without naming them.

Face it, NSW are just not good enough talent wise in the key positions to compete with QLD. If t the barcardi cousins abstained from alcohol and stayed in their room during down time it would not have made one iota of difference.

You really are thick as a brick wall. No one has blamed this for the loss for 100th time f**king hell.

Show me where anyone has said if these idiots didn't go out drinking NSW would of won. That's just completely pulled from your ass.

_Johnsy

Referee
Not excusing either, but there is a bit of a difference between being asked to leave a bar because you stepped into the serving area, and going on 8hr drinking binges before critical games. Has also been pointed out that neither did anything illegal but the stakes are so much higher in one scenario. NSW on the precipice of resurrecting their glory days and QLD in 7 years of autopilot dominance.

I don't remember Mal being too hungover to front the media either.

Where they too hungover to front the media?

Is this the same Mal that is offering advice on team culture. Mal "The games given me nothing" Meninga?

OldPanther

Coach
Where they too hungover to front the media?

Is this the same Mal that is offering advice on team culture. Mal "The games given me nothing" Meninga?

No they weren't. That was a strange statement. The thing is with their history they shouldn't have been there at all and this makes it worse. It's the principle of the thing.

MKCS

Juniors
They mentioned in the pre game on Fox today that NSW players missed many media commitments and had come across as complacent in the lead up to game 3. Mix in this incident and it all comes back to one man and that is Daley.

He has to go and nobody like Fittler (Who was my idol as a child) or Johns should be involved either. Get someone who is going to crack a whip like a Geoff Toovey, Des Hasler, Craig Bellamy etc. Daley is clearly soft and the players don't respect him or want to play for him.

Some of his selections are stupid as well. I kind of feel a Bellamy, Hasler or Toovey wouldn't continue to pick players who just can't get the job done.

Daley will be there next year though and we'll cop another loss.

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
They mentioned in the pre game on Fox today that NSW players missed many media commitments and had come across as complacent in the lead up to game 3. Mix in this incident and it all comes back to one man and that is Daley.

He has to go and nobody like Fittler (Who was my idol as a child) or Johns should be involved either. Get someone who is going to crack a whip like a Geoff Toovey, Des Hasler, Craig Bellamy etc. Daley is clearly soft and the players don't respect him or want to play for him.

Some of his selections are stupid as well. I kind of feel a Bellamy, Hasler or Toovey wouldn't continue to pick players who just can't get the job done.

Daley will be there next year though and we'll cop another loss.

Bellamy had 3 years. They were our worst 3 years culminating in a whitewash were we never looked like winning a game. At least in other white wash series the losing team at least came close to winning a game.

Bellamy had some strange selections.
Gidley fullback. Gidley captain from the bench. Brett white, steve turner, wolfman twice, joel monaghan, beau scott in the centres, josh morris on the bench to cover for hooker ( which involved morris going the wing, haybe fullback, gidley hooker), tim mannah etc.

We are still recovering from the 1st bellamy era. No way should he get near the team again.

soc123_au

Staff member
Bellamy had 3 years. They were our worst 3 years culminating in a whitewash were we never looked like winning a game. At least in other white wash series the losing team at least came close to winning a game.

Bellamy had some strange selections.
Gidley fullback. Gidley captain from the bench. Brett white, steve turner, wolfman twice, joel monaghan, beau scott in the centres, josh morris on the bench to cover for hooker ( which involved morris going the wing, haybe fullback, gidley hooker), tim mannah etc.

We are still recovering from the 1st bellamy era. No way should he get near the team again.

Bellamy didnt pick the team. He copped what he was given to work with.

Pedge1971

First Grade

No. I expected them to do something more positive for NSW than they did. That is the point and we lost. Seems like it was a pattern for all 3 games which makes it worse. Never again. Both pricks.

Ok Johnsy let rip u Qld prick!

Zadar

Juniors
And you say this based on what exactly?
I have a few friends of friends that played/play reserve grade footy and they have to document everything they eat/drink, they can't even take panedol without consulting advice from head of team.
If you look at the best at each sport in the world you'll likely find they at the very least abstain from alcohol in their season.
Tom Brady widely regarded as the best quarterback in the NFL does not touch alcohol, I would be surprised if Federer drinks.
The Storm, pretty much the benchmark in the NRL for years have a booze ban in place or at least they did.

I love Federer, greatest attitude in a sportsman I have seen, sponsors,fans and opponents love him, and what was even better is how honest he is, even said after the final he was trashed! Out til 5am having shots and mixing way too many drinks and feeling very ordinary the next day.

The absolute pinnacle of an all round athlete in every sense.

Shorty

Staff member
I love Federer, greatest attitude in a sportsman I have seen, sponsors,fans and opponents love him, and what was even better is how honest he is, even said after the final he was trashed! Out til 5am having shots and mixing way too many drinks and feeling very ordinary the next day.

The absolute pinnacle of an all round athlete in every sense.
This is sarcasm right? lol.
Part of the reason I think Feds would be sober is because that wife isn't letting him do sh*t.

Zadar

Juniors
This is sarcasm right? lol.
Part of the reason I think Feds would be sober is because that wife isn't letting him do sh*t.

Nah 100%, like I said, his honesty is part of his aura.

I'm assuming he doesn't touch the stuff during the event, but he definitely knows how to celebrate his wins.

Shorty

Staff member
Nah 100%, like I said, his honesty is part of his aura.

I'm assuming he doesn't touch the stuff during the event, but he definitely knows how to celebrate his wins.
Ohh after.
Yes what they do after is fine, as they're entitled to celebrate but 100% focus before that.