What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Timer

Coach
Well IMO LAM has a lot more playing ability than Graham but we have an issue that our team at this point is rudderless without Graham.
So see you later Latimore, Allgood and Luc so you can keep LAM and then you promote Kerr and Lawrie.
If they don't deliver offload them as well.
Whilst many in here were over the moon with the Graham signing the simple fact is it was always going to put pressure on retention and we now risk losing a player who is hitting his straps so we can keep an ageing player whose best input is leadership.

hewi

Bench
Well IMO LAM has a lot more playing ability than Graham but we have an issue that our team at this point is rudderless without Graham.
So see you later Latimore, Allgood and Luc so you can keep LAM and then you promote Kerr and Lawrie.
Whilst many in here were over the moon with the Graham signing the simple fact is it was always going to put pressure on retention and we now risk losing a player who is hitting his straps so we can keep an ageing player whose best input is leadership.

Good post.

Bench
Canberra have a few forwards coming off contract this year. Might be worth a look.
Maybe he LAM goes look inside the club first.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Latimore, Allgood and Luc, would probably all be on pretty low contracts and would then have to be replaced with others on low contracts.

To be brutally honest I haven’t seen anything from Luc, even given his limited chances that would suggest he’s going to make it in first grade.
Latimore and Allgood I could do without.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'm sure Leeson's manager agent will persuade him to accept the biggest offer in what will be possibly his last. It will not be loyalty that keeps him, it will purely be "show me the money" Unfortunately, I expect LAM will be elsewhere in 2019 and that's the nature of the beast and cap!

The Roosters have countered with an offer of their standard first grade contract, no third party payments and no back end arrangements.

I believe it’s $1 million a year.

BennyV

Referee
LOL@bench prop - he is our second best prop and next year he will likely be a starting prop. If we arent offering him close to the knights deal, we are silly - Lawrie and Kerr are a few years off being starters and with Graham losing impact over the next few years, our power game will be f**ked. We aren't going to get a like-for-like replacement for cheap.

Also, isnt there already an Ah Mau thread?

MilanDragon

Juniors
That’s a very good offer. If I’m LAM I’m taking that, unless the dragons get within say 50k per season(after tax it’s not much of a difference and he’d be given a job post playing career potentially).

Nor can we create salary cap space by getting rid of some of the other props as they would be on base salary and their position has to be replaced by at least base salary.

Vaughan’s contract I believe is front loaded.. which may mean there is extra room for LAM by next season or even if the Dogs are picking up part of Graham’s contract.. which we hopefully front loaded (especially if we have space this season).

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Crusaders or Canes will take the title this year. You may indeed get your treble. Don't follow AFL though.
gw's equal favorite so it's a chance I guess drag where you from maybe not Auckland where I worked 5 yrs long time ago the boss was playing for Auckland ranfurly shield wow hard boys back then 1975 before your time drag

Drag Queen

Bench
gw's equal favorite so it's a chance I guess drag where you from maybe not Auckland where I worked 5 yrs long time ago the boss was playing for Auckland ranfurly shield wow hard boys back then 1975 before your time drag
Nope a Southy here. Dunedin. I remember being dragged to the Carisbrook house of pain as a kid. Jeezuz that was an effing freezing place.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Nope a Southy here. Dunedin. I remember being dragged to the Carisbrook house of pain as a kid. Jeezuz that was an effing freezing place.
No worse than the basin reserve drag I'm sure boy they tried to kill each other back then after the game like brothers .....strange that

Brutalitops

Juniors
Some bloke on Brisbane radio said Jack Bird is quite down all around right now, not to mention very homesick, and will seek a release to return home at the end of this season.

I wish him the best but would hope 'home' means Sharks and not Dragons. He's just not been the same since winning the GF

Slippery Morris

First Grade
There was a rumour that there was a virus that swept through the club last week which had some impact to the lacklustre performance of some players. Did that end up being true. It came out before the game not after and it was in one of the twitter feeds from Moley or Reading the Play.

Latest posts