What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

John moz

Juniors
Any news on the old sizzler at st george leagues still a vacant block .This would be a perfect spot to open as a members bar on game days.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I just think we're one quality winger away from dominating this competition. Say we miraculously pick up Rona and Lomax kicks on to what we all believe he can be... f**k..

1. Dufty
2. Rona
3. Aitken
4. Lomax
5. MacDonald
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

Yum.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
1 DUFTY
2 Korobette
3 Aitken
4 McDonald /lomax
5 Lomax / McDonald
6 Widdop
7 Hunt

Maybe this backline will make some noise .Millward give Koirobette a call .......

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
I just read on the Souths forum that there are rumours Parra are trying to sign Martin Taupau and going big for him. He isn't off contract until the end of 2020. If the rumour is true, then I think we should enter the race for his signature. I doubt that Manly will let him go.

Gareth67

First Grade
I just read on the Souths forum that there are rumours Parra are trying to sign Martin Taupau and going big for him. He isn't off contract until the end of 2020. If the rumour is true, then I think we should enter the race for his signature. I doubt that Manly will let him go.

Frank , your burning the midnight oil aren't you , all good Dragon supporters should be tucked up in bed by now . But as you say I couldn't imagine the Sea Eagle letting him go either , they paid too much money for him .

Although the way he has been playing of late he certainly isn't worth the coin that he is on . The bloke seems more interested in the upkeep of his hair then playing rugby league .

Frank, we've talked about this before haven't we?
You may need an intervention.

Any news on the old sizzler at st george leagues still a vacant block .This would be a perfect spot to open as a members bar on game days.

You ever been to Cronulla RSL or Bowling Club, not sure which, but they turned their bowling greens into an outdoor eating and drinking area.
That would be a perfect for the car park at Sizzler.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Frank, we've talked about this before haven't we?
You may need an intervention.
We need another good prop. If you notice that all of the players that I have said we should sign have been props. They are Pangai, Haas and now Taupau, if he can get a release. If you disagree, with me about those players, then say it. If Ah Mau goes, then we will need another 2 good props.

You suggested the Korbin Simms. He would not be on my shopping list.

If you haven't already noticed, I am very interested in our recruitment and retention.

BTW you don't need to intervene.

We need another good prop. If you notice that all of the players that I have said we should sign have been props. They are Pangai, Haas and now Taupau, if he can get a release. If you disagree, with me about those players, then say it. If Ah Mau goes, then we will need another 2 good props.

You suggested the Korbin Simms. He would not be on my shopping list.

If you haven't already noticed, I am very interested in our recruitment and retention.

BTW you don't need to intervene.

Sarcasm Frank.
But still, I thought Korbin played well again last night, and my thinking is getting the Brothers together to play off each other and inspire each other.
The others you mention, Haas. Pangai we are no chance of getting.
Taupau I could do without, I think he's past his best.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Sarcasm Frank.
But still, I thought Korbin played well again last night, and my thinking is getting the Brothers together to play off each other and inspire each other.
The others you mention, Haas. Pangai we are no chance of getting.
Taupau I could do without, I think he's past his best.
We are no chance of signing Haas or Pangai, if we don't try. You have to be in it to win it.

Frank Facer

First Grade
James Hooper on Foxsports is saying that there are rumours of Taupau to Easts to ease Manly's salary cap issues. I would be happy if they do get him this year as I have backed Easts to win the comp and minor premiership, but I would be even more happy if we got him instead.

Hooper also said that there are rumours that Bird wants out of his contract with Brisbane and that we are closely monitoring the situation. Last year I would have said yes to Bird, but now I would say no. I would rather we spend the money on a good prop like Taupau, Pangai, Haas or Boyd. I don't know where we would play Bird. I don't think we need Bird now either.

Bench
Makes you wonder how all these clubs have money left under the cap. We need a prop and there are a few tipped wanting out of their clubs.
I hope Milward can wave his magic and pick up one

Brutalitops

Juniors
James Hooper on Foxsports is saying that there are rumours of Taupau to Easts to ease Manly's salary cap issues. I would be happy if they do get him this year as I have backed Easts to win the comp and minor premiership, but I would be even more happy if we got him instead.

Hooper also said that there are rumours that Bird wants out of his contract with Brisbane and that we are closely monitoring the situation. Last year I would have said yes to Bird, but now I would say no. I would rather we spend the money on a good prop like Taupau, Pangai, Haas or Boyd. I don't know where we would play Bird. I don't think we need Bird now either.
Bird is a skilled player currently struggling with a poor environment combined with home sickness.

I wouldn't pay a lot but he's the kind of player who could benefit a lot from our current culture and tight playing group

Frank Facer

First Grade
Makes you wonder how all these clubs have money left under the cap. We need a prop and there are a few tipped wanting out of their clubs.
I hope Milward can wave his magic and pick up one
Easts were apparently close to a mil under their salary cap at the beginning of the season

We apparently have quite a bit of cash to spend under this year's salary cap too. I think we still have Thompson's money to spend on this year's cap.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Bird is a skilled player currently struggling with a poor environment combined with home sickness.

I wouldn't pay a lot but he's the kind of player who could benefit a lot from our current culture and tight playing group
What position would you play Bird, if we signed him?

Latest posts