What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

emack

Juniors
Hunt is obviously disgruntled and this year is over for us anyway so I think I read somewhere here on the forum that someone said/heard (i know, not reliable) Hunt to the Roosters now and Ryles to us now with no $$$ to change hands? Gives us a great head start on next year....................

Last edited:

offiah

Juniors
A lot more work to be done though. I can see why Ryles would prefer the Melbourne gig, as all the right systems are in place already. You just need to maintain those and make minor adjustments as things go along. Plus having smart people around you on top of having Bellamy as a sounding board. Compare that to having Ben Haran and the rest of the team we have.

mattchuot

Juniors
Have seen a lot of “who would want the job” type comments, IMO it’s one of the best coaching gigs one could ask for, especially for a first timer. Very little expectations and the club basically in the worst position in its history.
Not too mention the fact that the new coach will have so much salary cap space to play around with. I believe there is only a handful of players signed beyond 2025 so whoever the new coach is they can build the roster they want without too many long-term contracts to juggle.

dannyt

Coach
Since Bennett left the Board's selection of Head Coach and been poor and so, it has had to sack them all. Now they go for another old boy rookie. Here we go again.
Well, our preference before hook was Fitzgibbon but he didn't want to break his agreement with Uncle Nick. You could argue Fitzy is an "old boy", but he's been out of the system for so many years that he really is an outsider. He's done OK with the Sharks.

I also think that Ryles has been out of the system for too long to be considered an "old boy". On the other hand, Hornby and Young really are "old boys".

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

touch of class by the club

great to see Kevvie making it happen also

Benny is a champ

if he had an elite halfback and FB like a Melbourne, Roosters, Storm he would go down as a seriously determined 300 game player with impact

Good one Benny

He has done it on one leg with a mistake riddled pack, inferior coaching and a lack of quality play makers in the spine

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench

touch of class by the club

great to see Kevvie making it happen also

Benny is a champ

if he had an elite halfback and FB like a Melbourne, Roosters, Storm he would go down as a seriously determined 300 game player with impact

Good one Benny

He has done it on one leg with a mistake riddled pack, inferior coaching and a lack of quality play makers in the spine
Agree with your comments but can I just remind you that Benny was requesting that the inferior coaching remained as the HC.

Mjab

Juniors
Hornby as an assistant coach is far more qualified of anyone else we might land (such as Carr and Woolf).. I just don't understand what his motivation would be to make that horizontal move, unless he just wants to vary his experience.
He is the last premiership winning captain and I suspect has a strong bond
to the club

I just heard that it will be Ryles with Hornby and Young assistants

I just hope that it’s not Flanagan GM , please. No

and get rid Haran please

Latest posts