What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

RedVee

First Grade
Wow!!! Talk about low profile. I've been paying close attention to Fox NRL advertisements and their shows for a while now. Any NRL advertisement barely features any of us scoring a try. We usually get spotted when we are conceding a try. Our players are rarely on any of the shows Matty Johns, NRL 360, etc. The Face to Face show has heaps of players or club icons being interviewed from all other clubs but no Dragons. Our one and only representive is Tonegatti from the Women's team for this series of one on one interviews. Some clubs like the Broncs have had at least 5 of their club reps feature in the series that began in 2023 m and is continuing this year..
The only time we take up Fox time is when they are bashing a Lomax or Hunt type of story.
You do know Emma Tonegato left us before the 23 NRLW season? She is a Shark these days.

maestro1

Bench
You do know Emma Tonegato left us before the 23 NRLW season? She is a Shark these days.
I did actually know that as I remember being disappointed she left. There you go. Haha, they got me. On the cover page for her interview there are two shots of her. The main one in the foreground, she is wearing the Saints strip. In the background she is in the Sharkies jersey.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Sloan has been our most dangerous player in all 3 rounds and the trials. 🤔
The most dangerous and also the only outside back with any serious pace- I can understand Flanno building strong backline defensive combinations (Bird and Lomax) and it has worked on occasions but when Val Holmes put on the swerve and the afterburners last weekend, Bird was made to look slow and cumbersome.

Another "bath" for Bird by a slippery centre like Holmes and Flanno may have no choice but to restore Lomax to centre and bring in Finau or Tui on the wing.

redv13

Bench
Or gets his 4 years which doesn’t help his deteriorating body & consistency. Don’t get me wrong, resign him but 3 years max and mindful of the 4 or 5 backrowers coming through.
Fair call but I’d hate to lose him by squabbling over 1 year. We are not in a position where people spit the dummy on here and say goodbye Hunt, goodbye Lomax, 3 years max for Su’a, goodbye F Molo etc then blow up that we can’t sign decent players and say we’re dog shit etc etc

Last edited:

maestro1

Bench
Face to Face 2023
+ Harry Grant - Storm
+ Liam Martin - Panthers
+ Junior Paulo - Parra
+ Liam Knight - Souths jersey
+ Josh Papalii - Raiders
+ Ronaldo Mulitalo - Sharks
+ Ken Arthurson - Manly
+ Trevor Gillmeister - Crushers jersey
+ Bob McCarthy - Souths/Bulldogs
+ Jeremy Marshall King - Dolphins
+ Steve Renouf - Broncs
+ Patrick Carrigan - Broncs
+ Jarrod Crocker - Raiders
+ Jayden Campbell - Titans
+ Jake Trbojevic - Manly
+ Jamal Fogarty - Raiders
+ Dominic Young - Knights jersey
+ Emma Tonegatti - Dragons / Sharks jersey
+ Will Warbrick - Storm
+ Rebecca Frizzell - Titans
+ Jermaine Hopgood - Parra
+ Daniel Anderson - Roosters
+ Carl Webb - Cowboys jersey
+ Stacey Jones - Warriors
+ Gene Miles - Broncs
+ Andrew Webster - Warriors
+ Petero Civiniceva- Broncs

Face to Face 2024
+ Corey Horsburgh - Raiders
+ Payne Haas - Broncs
+ Shaun Johnson - Warriors
+ Cameron Munster Storm

Broncs - 5
Raiders - 4
Storm - 3
Warriors - 3
Titans - 2
Parra - 2
Manly - 2
Souths - 1.5
Sharks - 1.5
Cowboys - 1
Knights - 1
Roosters - 1
Cowboys - 1
Dolphins - 1
Crushers - 1
Bulldogs - .5
Dragons - .5

Unrepresented clubs
Tigers

maestro1

Bench
The most dangerous and also the only outside back with any serious pace- I can understand Flanno building strong backline defensive combinations (Bird and Lomax) and it has worked on occasions but when Val Holmes put on the swerve and the afterburners last weekend, Bird was made to look slow and cumbersome.

Another "bath" for Bird by a slippery centre like Holmes and Flanno may have no choice but to restore Lomax to centre and bring in Finau or Tui on the wing.
Enter Koula - probably quickest in the game

TheRev

First Grade
Report on Fox Sports website saying the Dragons have had talks with Mitch Kenny.
so hes off-contract for next year.. there will be a few players that probably fall out as a result of them signing May and Tago on big coin.. I wouldnt mind Kenny & Turuva.. but tbh I havent rly watched a whole lot of Kenny, the commentators always rate him.. but hes off the back of a great side.. so no idea..

Murfy

Juniors
Lomax will be gone at the end of the season, potentially earlier if a suitable trade is found. Lomax doesn’t get along with certain players in the squad. Which is causing a little bit of friction amongst the group. Flanagan wants to get off his contract and refresh the squad. Sometimes replacing some of your bigger names who have become comfortable is in the best interests of the club. Wouldn’t be surprised if more were to follow. The club is aggressive in the player market targeting a lot of promising junior talents, as we all some well known and experienced forwards. Jordan Petaia still an option too

Dragon David

First Grade
Here is an excerpt of comments made by Ivan Cleary and Isaah Yeo - coach and captain of Penrith respectively, after the Panthers win against the Roosters last night, which I find would be the same approach by most clubs anyway. The difference is they have had the main core of their players playing for several years together and they know their jobs like the back of their hands. Their systems and culture have been strong for the past 3-4 years and even though they have had to reluctantly have to let go a number of quality players due to salary cap conditions, they still manage to keep it like those players had not left so to speak.

Ivan Cleary says -
“I don’t know if they see it as a bit of a challenge as well, we’ve got great leadership here and everyone just does their job.

“Whether you’ve got Nathan or Fish (Fisher-Harris) or Sorensen or whoever else in there, it’s all the same, we play as a team and everyone’s together.

“Maybe that’s how it works.”

Meanwhile, Isaah Yeo was asked if his team’s style felt different with Schneider calling the shots in the No.7.

“It’s different in aspects and parts but our system and the culture we’ve got at the club it allows people to come in and do their job,” Yeo said.

“We expect that too, we expect that because of how hard they train and prepare and that will give them confidence to perform and do their job.

“It’s obviously different but in a sense it simplifies everyone’s role... we just really nail down on what we know works and what wins games.”

Aaaahhh, just to have this coach and team to be in red and white with a big red V at the front of their jerseys I wish!!

Parko1310

Juniors
Kenny and Turuva would be great signings. Kenny would be the perfect starting hooker for our side for Liddle to then come on either side of half time and carve up. I'd guess Penrith will probably keep him, but maybe can't afford Turuva. Would be a good play to get him and hopefully both.

thebigredv

First Grade
Here is an excerpt of comments made by Ivan Cleary and Isaah Yeo - coach and captain of Penrith respectively, after the Panthers win against the Roosters last night, which I find would be the same approach by most clubs anyway. The difference is they have had the main core of their players playing for several years together and they know their jobs like the back of their hands. Their systems and culture have been strong for the past 3-4 years and even though they have had to reluctantly have to let go a number of quality players due to salary cap conditions, they still manage to keep it like those players had not left so to speak.
All I could do was watch and admire Penrith last night. They came head to head with the star-studded in form team of the competition, carrying a severely weakened lineup who have lost some talent in recent years. No excuses from them, just do every little thing better than the opposition, every little bit of speed, physicality and play as a unit.

And let's be honest, they have built to this level of excellence fairly and squarely over years, not trying to do a souths, roosters or dogs and buy their way there with sneaky payments and TPAs. Remarkable athletes the Penrith boys; steely competitors, and such a happy bunch.

I can only hope our board have been taking notes over the last few years but in comparison we are such a dysfunctional and highly uncompetitive outfit.

BLM01

First Grade
Lomax will be gone at the end of the season, potentially earlier if a suitable trade is found. Lomax doesn’t get along with certain players in the squad. Which is causing a little bit of friction amongst the group. Flanagan wants to get off his contract and refresh the squad. Sometimes replacing some of your bigger names who have become comfortable is in the best interests of the club. Wouldn’t be surprised if more were to follow. The club is aggressive in the player market targeting a lot of promising junior talents, as we all some well known and experienced forwards. Jordan Petaia still an option too
Which players and how do you know? Why wont it be those players that go which will refresh the squad. Those players are likely under performing.