What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Home

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep. I went on a little rant about that a few weeks ago. Cappy seemingly just flat out doesn't know his strongest team, or even anything close to it, despite being the head coach for about two and a half years. Perhaps the simplest sign (and there are many) of a coach out of his depth.
I agree to a point, however we do seem to have certai positions (bench prop is the obvious one, as well as 3rd winger) where we seem to have a lot of players of similar ability. The prop situation was also exacerbated by the pills and red bull incident given that it involved three of them.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's 32 now, we matched last year's competition-wide record (Panthers) with Bunty last week. And it's still only 2/3 of the season in, with Hingano still likely to make an appearance at some point. And a sneaky appearance for Ali too, perhaps (if we can afford to do it with competition points on the line).

Wouldn't get further than that, at least, with the next guys looking like Lino (would need lots of halves to go down), CNZ (unlikely this year without major injuries to centres), Wells (injured and even more unlikely than CNZ), Niukore, Clark & Ogden (too soon, too many guys in front of them). Then again...

lol....

It is too. That is truly incredible. What's the bet we see that number rolled out at some stage to attempt to paint a picture that we were ravaged by injury this year? Actually, the better exercise would be to count the number of FGers that have been dropped or have played NSW Cup. Most of the squad, right? And I'd include Issac Luke in that, with his pseudo knee injury and benching.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
We honestly could not have had a friendlier draw this year, not to mention the Eels (apparently) gifting us another spot upwards.

On that subject, how good is it that management banished the idea of Eden Park games and a million jersey designs.
Hey at least they're doing something right.

Those things were banished when Wayne Scurrah left. They were his legacy. He had f*ck all idea how to do anything else.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It is too. That is truly incredible. What's the bet we see that number rolled out at some stage to attempt to paint a picture that we were ravaged by injury this year? Actually, the better exercise would be to count the number of FGers that have been dropped or have played NSW Cup. Most of the squad, right? And I'd include Issac Luke in that, with his pseudo knee injury and benching.

Luke had personal family issues at the start of the year- he really should've been put on leave but at the time he and the club thought it was better to keep playing.

jaseg

Juniors
I agree to a point, however we do seem to have certai positions (bench prop is the obvious one, as well as 3rd winger) where we seem to have a lot of players of similar ability. The prop situation was also exacerbated by the pills and red bull incident given that it involved three of them.

The pills incident really only gives leeway to one, maybe two of that number - Lane & Lousi, since the others have all played games other than that one. Even then, Lousi only playing one is likely down to his season ending injury. And in all honesty, I don't think Lisone/Vete are of similar ability to Gubb/Gavet.

Actually, I was wrong on the count - we've actually already broken the Panthers' record from last season and currently we are sitting at 33 players used.

Bunty Afoa
Matthew Allwood
Blake Ayshford
Raymond Faitala-Mariner
David Fusitua
James Gavet
Charlie Gubb
Ben Henry
Ryan Hoffman
Konrad Hurrell
Shaun Johnson
Solomone Kata
Shaun Lane
Thomas Leuluai
Jacob Lillyman
Samuel Lisone
Tuimoala Lolohea
Sione Lousi
Issac Luke
Simon Mannering
Ben Matulino
Ken Maumalo
John Palavi
Nathaniel Roache
Jeff Robson
Ligi Sao
Toafofoa Sipley
Jazz Tevaga
Bodene Thompson
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Manu Vatuvei
Albert Vete
Jonathan Wright

That's shocking.

Blair

Coach
Those things were banished when Wayne Scurrah left. They were his legacy. He had f*ck all idea how to do anything else.

When searching to buy a Warriors jersey on Ebay you can see most, if not all, of Scurrah's creations. It's truly farcical. What sort of club did he think we were (or wanted to be)?

Blair

Coach
Righto, this is my first use of the nifty image uploader on our upgraded site...

I thought I'd show a pic of the Warriors in the top-eight, just for safekeeping...

nrl_topeight_sat9july16.JPG

Izz

Bench
Hey we'll still be there at the end of this round, thanks to the Eels getting docked... :D

Blair

Coach
Hey we'll still be there at the end of this round, thanks to the Eels getting docked... :D

Yes, it no longer matters whether a more Origin-weakened Sharks lose to a less Origin-weakened Panthers by more than four points.

Although. it'd be better still if Penrith lost.

Blair

Coach
The pills incident really only gives leeway to one, maybe two of that number - Lane & Lousi, since the others have all played games other than that one. Even then, Lousi only playing one is likely down to his season ending injury. And in all honesty, I don't think Lisone/Vete are of similar ability to Gubb/Gavet.

Actually, I was wrong on the count - we've actually already broken the Panthers' record from last season and currently we are sitting at 33 players used.

Bunty Afoa
Matthew Allwood
Blake Ayshford
Raymond Faitala-Mariner
David Fusitua
James Gavet
Charlie Gubb
Ben Henry
Ryan Hoffman
Konrad Hurrell
Shaun Johnson
Solomone Kata
Shaun Lane
Thomas Leuluai
Jacob Lillyman
Samuel Lisone
Tuimoala Lolohea
Sione Lousi
Issac Luke
Simon Mannering
Ben Matulino
Ken Maumalo
John Palavi
Nathaniel Roache
Jeff Robson
Ligi Sao
Toafofoa Sipley
Jazz Tevaga
Bodene Thompson
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Manu Vatuvei
Albert Vete
Jonathan Wright

That's shocking.

Look on the bright side, jaseg, that's some squad depth!

(and they say 'depth wins premierships').

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Yep the upside is we look pretty injury proof.... except of course at #7. If SJ goes down again it'll be the same deal as last year

jaseg

Juniors

hahah, I suppose...

Although "they" are wrong. Lack of injuries/good timing of injuries wins more premierships than depth...

Izz

Bench
Yes, it no longer matters whether a more Origin-weakened Sharks lose to a less Origin-weakened Panthers by more than four points.

Although. it'd be better still if Penrith lost.
Well, Panthers got thumped, so the better thing happened

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
5 winnable games coming up. If we're not solidly top 8 in 6 weeks barring serious injury, heads should roll.

Blair

Coach
Well, Panthers got thumped, so the better thing happened

Yeah, a good result for us and a crucial loss to them. The Panthers look to have the wobbles.

Our situation is looking better and better. As said already, if we fail to make the eight from here it would be shameful.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Actually 7 winnable games, only really putting a line through the Cows in Townsville. We probably need to win 4 of those minimum to make the finals, and 6 to avoid a shitty road trip and a first round exit. Though if the top 3 stay as they are I'd actually rather finish 8th than 6th or 7th, we could roll the Sharks in Sydney but I can't see us taking NQ or Melbpurne at home.

vvvrulz

Coach
Actually 7 winnable games, only really putting a line through the Cows in Townsville. We probably need to win 4 of those minimum to make the finals, and 6 to avoid a shitty road trip and a first round exit. Though if the top 3 stay as they are I'd actually rather finish 8th than 6th or 7th, we could roll the Sharks in Sydney but I can't see us taking NQ or Melbpurne at home.

We traditionally do well in Melbourne, absolutely no chance in Townsville though.

TheDMC

Bench
Maybe the 32 players thing is a cunning plan by Cappy to keep our roster fresh to stave off post Origin malaise and have depth players ready to come in for late season injuries.

Or not.