What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There's 70 Aboriginal players in the AFL

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Because his a f**king idiot and makes everything about race.

Fact - If he wasn't aborigine he wouldnt have got Aussie of the year.

I know this is going back a bit but this will do me - the most geniused post ever made by a Storm fan. Quite an honour that, akin to being the best swimmer of the fish kingdom or having the best moustache in Mexico. It's a pretty big feat.

LESStar58

Referee
Sorry. Scalett Johansen is Jewish? She just went up a notch in my book. I have known some prime Jewish women in my 35 years.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Just thought i'd throw my 2 cents and see how many Australian Indigenous NRL players there were based on the top 25 teams in the player guide at the beginning of the year.

This comes to 42 players JUST in the top 25 squad. My bet is that there's definitely more in each team. Not to mention we have a plethora of Pacific Islander players too.

* means not in the NRL anymore

Broncos: 3 (Hodges, Thaiday, Waddell)
Raiders: 1 (Lee)
Bulldogs: 1 (Thompson)
Sharks: 3 (Barba, Fifita, Graham)
Titans:5 (Bird, Hoffman, James, Roberts, Tighe)
Sea Eagles: 1 (Hodges)
Storm: 3 (Chambers, Learoyd-Lahrs, Robinson)
Knights: 2 (Gagai, Roberts)
Warriors: 2 (Allwood, Wright)
Cowboys: 3 (Lui, O'Neill, Thurston)
Eels: 5 (Champion, Norman, Peats, Robinson, Sandow*)
Panthers: 4 (Idris, Peachey, Smith, Soward)
Rabbitohs: 4 (Inglis, Grevsmuhl, Johnston, Turner)
Dragons: 4 (Farrell, Nielsen*, Rose, Thompson)
Roosters: 1 (Ferguson)
Tigers: 0

Isn't Dylan Napier aboriginal? I think you will find there are a few more than those listed.

Latest posts