What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans about to name a PROVEN rookie coach....while we are stuck with our own rookie in Mary

ouryear

Juniors
Garth Brennan, Panthers cup coach.

Great selection.
To be announced soon.

Just shows, it doesn't have to be boring Madge or mad Hasler, though Madge may be well suited to become the Blues SOO coach.

Brennan has served a long and very successful apprenticeship, similar to JD.

Titans got it right!

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Great selection.
To be announced soon.

Just shows, it doesn't have to be boring Madge or mad Hasler.

Titans got it right!

So let me get this straight, the Titans are about to sign up a rookie coach.
Nice.
We have a rookie coach.

ouryear

Juniors
So let me get this straight, the Titans are about to sign up a rookie coach.
Nice.
We have a rookie coach.

Ahhh...but A rookie coach who has proven himself....a rookie who has won decent comps....not just a local comp like Mary did.

A rookie coach who talks and analyses games like he knows what he is doing.

A rookie coach wit runs on the board.

A smart coach.

And a coach who beat many other coaches to the role.

Mary had to beat no one....it was handed to him.

Can you name one great coach who was never once a rookie coach?

Mary is no rookie.....he is ####

ouryear

Juniors
3 out of our last 4 coaches were rookies. Brown, Price and Mary, we have shown everyone how its done, Titans have got nothing on us when it comes to rookies.

I think the major difference is Garth Brennan has served his apprenticeship and won some very competitive comps....aka JD when he was with.us....who many on this forum want.

Brown, Price and Mary never won a meat raffle...let alone competitions.

ouryear

Juniors
That will keep Madge & Hasler on ice, waiting for someone to get the bullet.
I really don't think any club is interested in boring and stodgy coaches.

Everyone wants a coach with.ideas and vision.

Des and Madge will be lucky to coach again too soon.....although Madge is up for SOO coach

ouryear

Juniors
Boring, stodgy & Premiership winning coaches trump boring & stodgy imposters every day of the week. Just sayin...

When they won the premiership, they weren't boring and stodgy.

Manly and souths both played exciting footy.

But like players, some coaches have use by dates and lose form.

Losing form like Isaac Luke, Tuiveshek, Aaron Woods, etc.

I would not want Hasler or Madge, they have become boring coaches as time has go on.

Madge has been out of form for 3 yrs and Des is going slowly insane.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
When they won their flags, they certainly weren't boring and stodgy.
Manly and soufs both played exciting footy.

But like players, some coaches have use by dates and lose form.

Isaac Luke, TVS, Woods. And Coaches Hasler and Madge.....I would not want them.

Madge has been out of form for 3 yrs and Des is going slowly insane.
What’s with the ‘flag’? That’s a fumble ball term.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Great selection.
To be announced soon.

Just shows, it doesn't have to be boring Madge or mad Hasler, though Madge may be well suited to become the Blues SOO coach.

Brennan has served a long and very successful apprenticeship, similar to JD.

Titans got it right!

Ironically, so did Steve Price.

Saints cannot afford another rookie coach such as Demetriou.

ouryear

Juniors

You sure Jimmy?....did price have 5 or more years under various very high performing coaches, and then take a nsw cup team to a premiership and interstate championship winner?

Also, Brennan was up against 5 or so very high quality other applicants. A grinding interview process.

I think price was just handed the job.

Titans have been thorough.

You're probably right because that would be 3 in a row.
Demetriou would have been a logic choice instead of McGregor but we let that chance slip by and we are now paying for it.
A 3rd rookie failure would just compound the situation even though I think Demetriou is classes above McGregor.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
You sure Jimmy?....did price have 5 or more years under various very high performing coaches, and then take a nsw cup team to a premiership and interstate championship winner?

Also, Brennan was up against 5 or so very high quality other applicants. A grinding interview process.

Price served a long apprenticeship under both Bennett and Browm which reached its apogee with the 2005 Jersey Flegg premiership.

Under his tutelage, the likes of the Morris twins, Merrin and Nightingale all became first graders.

And while he wasn't able win another title, his sides''usually did very well.

Last edited:

JDHD

Juniors

We should not discount the fact that Gordon 'Absolute Potato' Tallis was one of the three people on the selection committee. That guy has the judgement of a toddler.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
When does someone stop being a rookie coach? How much longer are we going to categories McGregor as a rookie?

In my mind, whilst he is a rookie coach, he needs to be shielded from the demands of success. Surely, he is now beyond the Rookie stage and his teams performances must represent this value.

Further, didn't he state last year that he had the team he wanted? we didn't make the semi-finals and didn't have a bad run of injuries.

When does someone stop being a rookie coach? How much longer are we going to categories McGregor as a rookie?

In my mind, whilst he is a rookie coach, he needs to be shielded from the demands of success. Surely, he is now beyond the Rookie stage and his teams performances must represent this value.

Further, didn't he state last year that he had the team he wanted? we didn't make the semi-finals and didn't have a bad run of injuries.
In McGregor's case he is unqualified to coach FG.
There is a difference that cannot be changed by time at the helm.

Latest posts